Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

smurgen wrote: »
    These lads are brainwashed. They're the equivalent of the die-hard MAGA crowd.

The Gardai or the protestors?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

The Gardai or the protestors?

Both. I blame China and 5G ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

What's difficult about clear and concise messaging and communication?

What's difficult about telling a rogue Tanaiste to stfu and wait until there is a clear message to put out?

Completely missed my point, not surprising. I acknowledged the chaos

• Registered Users Posts: 66,840 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

christy c wrote: »
    Completely missed my point, not surprising. I acknowledged the chaos

No, I didn't miss a thing
    'Difficult circumstances' is no excuse for what is going on.

A budget will be announced tomorrow in 'difficult circumstances' is it going to be a haphazard chaotic mess as the messaging on Covid has been?

Will Leo be out on the airwaves tomorrow evening briefing a different story than the MoF?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

A budget will be announced tomorrow in 'difficult circumstances' is it going to be a haphazard chaotic mess as the messaging on Covid has been?

Will Leo be out on the airwaves tomorrow evening briefing a different story than the MoF?

What do you think?

• Advertisement

Yes you did miss something. I acknowledged the chaos, which is added to by the pandemic.

I think the budget will be similar to previous FG budgets, giving more to scroungers than people who work. Plus plenty of other sh1te. And I will be critical of that as I have been in the past. I saw some parties budget proposals which I would definitely describe as a "haphazard chaotic mess", but that escapes your attention or the head goes back in to the sand.

Don't know what Leo will be doing, it's usually Pascal that does most of the briefings on budget day IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

We have the lowest corporation tax rate in the EU. They can’t go anywhere that they’ll pay less

More lies, the corporate taxation rate in Hungary is 9%.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Kasey_Don wrote: »
    Budget tomorrow is another kick in the teeth of middle income workers.

Really, it's better to be poor or rich, having a little bit of money is the worst.

Carbon tax going up for me. That money is going to people on the dole who already get housing, medical cards, grants etc.

VRT going up - cars being made more expensive.

Help to buy scheme being expanded to prop up property prices. Literally impossible for me to every buy a new place. 2 bed apartments where I live are going for 380k.

How much of taxpayers money that is going to have to be paid back through higher taxes is being pumped into businesses? The money thrown at them is disgusting.

You don't get rewarded for working anymore.

i couldnt imagine the poor are doing all that great at the moment

Kasey_Don wrote:
    How are they not?

Their actual needs have never been met

blanch152 wrote: »
    More lies, the corporate taxation rate in Hungary is 9%.

Double Irish with a Dutch sandwich anybody?

• Advertisement

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Double Irish with a Dutch sandwich anybody?

tis gone now

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    tis gone now

Help the big ones avoid paying tax on $100 billion a year up until it closed. Not very fair on the Irish companies who were honest and paid their way.......

Yes you did miss something. I acknowledged the chaos, which is added to by the pandemic.

I think the budget will be similar to previous FG budgets, giving more to scroungers than people who work. Plus plenty of other sh1te. And I will be critical of that as I have been in the past. I saw some parties budget proposals which I would definitely describe as a "haphazard chaotic mess", but that escapes your attention or the head goes back in to the sand.

Don't know what Leo will be doing, it's usually Pascal that does most of the briefings on budget day IIRC.

You might remember that this 'SF bot' is not in agreement with SF economic policy and doesn't think SF are ready yet to run the country on it's own.

You'll see that in my posting history if you take your head out of that sand.

My point was that pandemic or not...getting a simple, on point message out is not beyond the wit of a government who have other things to do. Stopping somebody briefing in a contradictory fashion should not be hard to do if somebody has the cahona's. Clearly nobody has.

grayzer75 wrote: »
    Help the big ones avoid paying tax on $100 billion a year up until it closed. Not very fair on the Irish companies who were honest and paid their way.......

ah shur the so called free market is truly all about dishonesty

You might remember that this 'SF bot' is not in agreement with SF economic policy and doesn't think SF are ready yet to run the country on it's own.

You'll see that in my posting history if you take your head out of that sand.

My point was that pandemic or not...getting a simple, on point message out is not beyond the wit of a government who have other things to do. Stopping somebody briefing in a contradictory fashion should not be hard to do if somebody has the cahona's. Clearly nobody has.

I didn't call you a bot. Which part of SF economic policy do you not agree with? I recall you sayingthat before but did not provide any details. You had a number of posts last night defending the SF nonsense with regards to corporate tax. Plus seeing nothing wrong with someone thinking the demographics would look after themselves would indicate that you at least support the main points.

I already acknowledged the chaos more than once.

I didn't call you a bot. Which part of SF economic policy do you not agree with? I recall you sayingthat before but did not provide any details. You had a number of posts last night defending the SF nonsense with regards to corporate tax. Plus seeing nothing wrong with someone thinking the demographics would look after themselves would indicate that you at least support the main points.

I already acknowledged the chaos more than once.

Funny...another poster (an avowed member of FG) said I was in disagreement with SF on corporation tax.

You acknowledged and EXCUSED the chaos. When the government are quite capable of delivering in other areas there really is no excuse for failing to deliver clear and concise messages on Covid

Funny...another poster (an avowed member of FG) said I was in disagreement with SF on corporation tax.

You acknowledged and EXCUSED the chaos. When the government are quite capable of delivering in other areas there really is no excuse for failing to deliver clear and concise messages on Covid

Good for them. So provide details on what exactly you disagree with please and explain how being in coalition would improve that.

Well my point was that there was chaos, and it is added to by the pandemic. No excuse there. All clear now or will it take another 20 posts before it sinks in?

Good for them. So provide details on what exactly you disagree with please and explain how being in coalition would improve that.

Well my point was that there was chaos, and it is added to by the pandemic. No excuse there. All clear now or will it take another 20 posts before it sinks in?

No christy, this was your point..a 'fairly' chaotic situation with an excuse for that tacked on to it = 'although' very difficult circumstances.
    Yep fairly chaotic, although very difficult circumstances.

The topic of the thread is FF/FG/Green goverment - not SF economic policy or a trial of my opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

And that, dear friends, explains it in a nutshell.

Do you want thousands of people working, earning good salaries, paying millions into the government coffers, living the good life, mortgages, etc., or do you want the same thousands of people dependent on state handouts in the form of Dole?

Simples.

Japers. What country are you posting from? What about the working tax payers depending on welfare to make rent?

Why do men (always men) who spend so much of the day posting about politics know so very, very little about how it actually works?

:eek:

Sinn Fein something?
    Well in fairness, Mary Lou Mcdonald is female and the leader of the opposition and seems to know even less.

Ahhh....

• Advertisement

Still waiting for your evidence of leo lying.

Yawn.

All night we can do this and you won't produce it.

Lied about Debenhams having no money for workers.

No christy, this was your point..a 'fairly' chaotic situation with an excuse for that tacked on to it = 'although' very difficult circumstances.

The topic of the thread is FF/FG/Green goverment - not SF economic policy or a trial of my opinions.

So you are going for option 2, another 20 posts on the topic.

And no answer on what you disagree with SF on, sounds like something you just say during an election.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    Lied about Debenhams having no money for workers.

Another made-up fantasy in your head about Leo.

(1) Leo didn't say that "Debenhams have no money for workers"

(2) There is no way he could know the inside financial situation in Debenhams to the detail required to say that.

So you are going for option 2, another 20 posts on the topic.

And no answer on what you disagree with SF on, sounds like something you just say during an election.

You excused the mixrd messaging. Then you just hurled invective at me for pointing it our.

Choose your wording carefully and you wont be misunderstood. Using 'although' is diminishing fault or excusing.

You excused the mixrd messaging. Then you just hurled invective at me for pointing it our.

Choose your wording carefully and you wont be misunderstood. Using 'although' is diminishing fault or excusing.

No excuse, I acknowledged the chaos and said the pandemic added to it. I thought that should have clarified but is it another 18 posts required now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

blanch152 wrote: »
    Another made-up fantasy in your head about Leo.

(1) Leo didn't say that "Debenhams have no money for workers"

(2) There is no way he could know the inside financial situation in Debenhams to the detail required to say that.

Been round the houses with Bowie on this one and had to give up. He either simply does not understand the liquidation process or is wilfully repeating something he knows to be untrue

No excuse, I acknowledged the chaos and said the pandemic added to it. I thought that should have clarified but is it another 18 posts required now?

We can keep this going for 18 posts or until you acknowledge that you used an excusatory word, which is what I reacted to 'although' you may be too stubborn to do that. ;)

We can keep this going for 18 posts or until you acknowledge that you used an excusatory word, which is what I reacted to 'although' you may be too stubborn to do that. ;)

You reacted to something which I later clarified, 17 more posts.

You reacted to something which I later clarified, 17 more posts.

You are in a subsequent post still excusing christy me boy. The pandemic didn't 'add chaos', the immature political grandstanding of a rogue Tanaiste added to the chaos for which he is being criticised.

Stop using the pandemic to excuse this please.

• Advertisement

You are in a subsequent post still excusing christy me boy. The pandemic didn't 'add chaos', the immature political grandstanding of a rogue Tanaiste added to the chaos for which he is being criticised.

Stop using the pandemic to excuse this please.

I am not excusing anything, 16 more posts? This is pathetic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement