Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hulu black Friday $1.99 per month for year

• 30-11-2019 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I remember this was not working when I tried it last year ($0.99 pm at the time).
    Keepsolid + revolut
    Just tried it now and it is working perfectly.
    Note it's the basic package with ads. Valid until 2nd December.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

w4ntedman wrote: »
    I remember this was not working when I tried it last year ($0.99 pm at the time).
    Keepsolid + revolut

Do you need a vpn also to access it?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭w4ntedman

OU812 wrote: »
    Do you need a vpn also to access it?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Keepsolid + revolut

What's Hulu got to offer over Netflix etc?

What's Hulu got to offer over Netflix etc?

Different content.
    I can't be the only one who wants all the options even though I barely watch any of them!
    The idea of it not working wrecks my head.
    If you view things as only being a bargain if you need them then this probably doesn't fall into that category.
    I however am a sucker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Yes

Will stick to alternative no ads sources so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭elWizard

thanks OP, looks interesting, I remember having to give up on it last year too - can I ask a couple of questions?
    Is the revolut card that you used registered to an Irish address, or does it have to be US?
    Have you played around with it much, are the ads long, are they just at the start, do they play several times during movies etc?

A glance at the site says the content looks pretty good for €23 for a year...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Does this require a VPN to watch it is it just for sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Does this require a VPN to watch it is it just for sign up?

Needs a VPN or DNS service to watch.

The easiest way I found to set it up was to set up a US PayPal account with my Revolut card. Then sign up to Hulu using a VPN/DNS service and pay with the US PayPal account. Then use a DNS service on my streaming device to watch.

This has worked for the last two years black Friday deals for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Just how bad are the ads?

I’ve tried watching stuff on services like the Fox catch up player and even watching a 25 min show is unbareable with numerous ad breaks every few minutes. Have a trial of ad-free Hulu at the moment, it’s ok but not sure if it’s worth paying $11.99 for in addition to Netflix - $1.99 is much more tempting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Just how bad are the ads?

I’ve tried watching stuff on services like the Fox catch up player and even watching a 25 min show is unbareable with numerous ad breaks every few minutes. Have a trial of ad-free Hulu at the moment, it’s ok but not sure if it’s worth paying $11.99 for in addition to Netflix - $1.99 is much more tempting

Unbearable.
    For me at least.
    Same as your example above.

• Advertisement

elWizard wrote: »
    thanks OP, looks interesting, I remember having to give up on it last year too - can I ask a couple of questions?
    Is the revolut card that you used registered to an Irish address, or does it have to be US?
    Have you played around with it much, are the ads long, are they just at the start, do they play several times during movies etc?

A glance at the site says the content looks pretty good for €23 for a year...

Nothing funky with the card I just entered the number it's Irish registered and no issues.
    It's different to the one I had last year alright though I lost the other one in the meantime.
    I don't see why that would matter but you wouldn't know.
    Just had to Google a zip code to open the Hulu account.
    No time to tinker yet apart from verifying that it works.
    VPN does need to be on.
    I will check the ad situation tonight when I have a bit more time and report back.

I see others got there. Apologies didn't see the post.
    Oh well if ads are too bad maybe not worth much.
    Still at the price I'm happy to try it out.

So after watching just one episode of Letterkenny I am happy enough.
    The ads are not that bad.
    There are of course free ways of seeing everything but without having to think about having the right stream I think at the price I am happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

Signed up for this, had to create a new account as I had it in America. Revolut, no problems at all.

For anyone complaining about ads, ran off a laptop with uBlock Origin and it literally skipped every ad without issue.

EDIT- Also just for reference, it seems to be the case now and has been in other instances in the past that you can choose to play all the ads or an extended ad before the programme so you won't be interrupted. Pop the ads and make a cup of tea. Some pretty decent movies and up to date TV Shows on it too. Good spot OP, have it working through the Amazon Fire Stick
    EDIT 2 -Also worth noting that you can get a bundle of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ if you go the VPN route.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

ThePott wrote: »
    Signed up for this, had to create a new account as I had it in America. Revolut, no problems at all.

For anyone complaining about ads, ran off a laptop with uBlock Origin and it literally skipped every ad without issue.

EDIT- Also just for reference, it seems to be the case now and has been in other instances in the past that you can choose to play all the ads or an extended ad before the programme so you won't be interrupted. Pop the ads and make a cup of tea. Some pretty decent movies and up to date TV Shows on it too. Good spot OP, have it working through the Amazon Fire Stick
    EDIT 2 -Also worth noting that you can get a bundle of Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ if you go the VPN route.

I cant get the bundle as it says revolut isnt in the right country? :/

I set up a US paypal with a new email. Not entirely sure if you can get the bundle and have the black friday deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Is this still working for everyone? Mine has stopped working in the past week or so. Using through Getflix

Just tried there still working with keepsolid anyway

Mine has been working toom I don't use Getflix though

Reminder this deal is back. Need a new account though.
    Personally I watched enough at the low price to justify signing up again. Not worth the full whack IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

Reminder this deal is back. Need a new account though.
    Personally I watched enough at the low price to justify signing up again. Not worth the full whack IMHO.

Great shout thanks. I don’t use Hulu much but want to renew again to keep HBOMAX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Thanks for that. Just cancelled mine so will set up a new account again now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭SourSessions

I have keepsolid but can't get them to accept my revolut

I have keepsolid but can't get them to accept my revolut

I had to use paypal this time as well.

I had to use paypal this time as well.

Tried creating a US pp account but it's requiring a US phone number. Oh well.

I just made one up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Google one and put your post code as 90210 if asked.

I just made one up

I assumed they'd send a code! Great, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

How bad are the ads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I assumed they'd send a code! Great, thanks.

Did you get this to work? It's looking for a code for me

• Advertisement

Double C wrote: »
    Did you get this to work? It's looking for a code for me

It did the payment and then asked me to confirm number when I confirmed the email address but I was able to click 'not now' at the bottom.

Advertisement