Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Basil3 wrote: »
    Did you have an active subscription elsewhere beforehand? If so, mind sharing the steps you followed?

I used to have Netflix here, but cancelled maybe a year ago. I just used a VPN, set it to Mexico, went to Netflix Mexico, signed up and entered payment details.

I just used my Irish card, so who knows if I'll have problems when the first payment arrives in a month. The whole process took less than a minute.

OK, I've an active subscription through my wife's name, having previously had one in my own. What I might do is wait for her one to run out next month and then rejoin under my own.

Basil3 wrote: »
    When I signed up on Netflix Mexico, it said welcome back, do it recognised my email address. I still got given a free month.

I had to set up users again and choose preferences, though.

it was in english then, at least, not Spanish!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Missed out on another Netflix family. If another one forms please PM, I'll keep an eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

If the currency is MXD. And we are using EUR card don't be get hit with charges for conversion between the two?

I'm seeing a Amazon prime sub here on my account. Xgbp X rate. Charge 0.25 EFT 0.25. So extra 50C? Still a small saving.

I may have two spare screens on my account. Just need to figure out, how payments and sharing them out would work.

TallGlass wrote: »
    If the currency is MXD. And we are using EUR card don't be get hit with charges for conversion between the two?

I'm seeing a Amazon prime sub here on my account. Xgbp X rate. Charge 0.25 EFT 0.25. So extra 50C? Still a small saving.

I may have two spare screens on my account. Just need to figure out, how payments and sharing them out would work.

Use of a card like Revolut negates currency fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Can you explain to me about Revolut I downloaded the app is it similar to PayPal? Can I just top up the app and pay Netflix Mexico with that?

Can you explain to me about Revolut I downloaded the app is it similar to PayPal? Can I just top up the app and pay Netflix Mexico with that?

There's a huge thread over in the the Banking forum that should cover all the basics. Basically you get issued a MasterCard (physical, digital or both) that allows you to make payments free of charge in a massive number of currencies at the spot rate, so better than anything your bank or the an post or your credit card company will give you. You top up your account using your existing bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

In spirit of how easy and well the Spotify family worked out am looking for 3 others to make a Netflix "family"

You need have Revolut to send the money,and be active/longtime Boards user is preferable

Netflix Mexico 4 screen plan is 199MXN which is around 8,88€. 8,88€/4 = 2,22€/month/each

Would want to do a few month in advance but all that can be worked out,my Revolut card never used with Netflix before too so there is a free month to be had also! . If interested first 3 pm me and thank this post

Hope i made some sense :pac:
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,559 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

NikoTopps wrote: »
    In spirit of how easy and well the Spotify family worked out am looking for 3 others to make a Netflix "family"

You need have Revolut to send the money,and be active/longtime Boards user is preferable

Netflix Mexico 4 screen plan is 199MXN which is around 8,88€. 8,88€/4 = 2,22€/month/each

Would want to do a few month in advance but all that can be worked out,my Revolut card never used with Netflix before too so there is a free month to be had also! . If interested first 3 pm me and thank this post

Cheers
    would this be 4k or regular version ?

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

OmegaGene wrote: »
    would this be 4k or regular version ?

4 screen with 4k,yes. Pay MXN and divide with 4 is 2,22€,compared with 13,99€ in Éire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I am in Nikkos Spotify group and it runs perfectly.

I have no hesitation in dealing with him and recommending him.

I would join but joined one earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

4 screen with 4k,yes. Pay MXN and divide with 4 is 2,22€,compared with 13,99€ in Éire

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Just signed up using expressVPN and used my Revoult Card. Took 5mins. Used a new account details just to start fresh.

I signed up for the premium and it said it was 199mxn for 4K and 4 screens

A couple of questions,

This the first time I have used my revoult card to pay a reoccurring bill?

How do people manage their card when they pay monthly bills with it?

My revoult card got charged 99mxn (€4.99) do they normally do this as they said I was getting a free month?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jasper1422

Cheers

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

I'd like to join please.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Looking for two spaces if anyone is setting up a group? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

PM me if anyone got free space available. I would like to join the group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

can you use an irish credit card ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

If there's space in the group or anyone else creating a group I'd like to join.
    Thanks in advance,
    Pa.

I would also like to join a group of anyone is setting one up. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

id also like to join a group if some one is setting one up

Conchurl wrote: »
    id also like to join a group if some one is setting one up

just set one up got the free month aswell first people to get on to me can join

just set one up got the free month aswell first people to get on to me can join

2 places left

Conchurl, pm sent.

dercunx wrote: »
    Conchurl, pm sent.

Replied

2 places left

1. Conchurl
    2. Dercunx
    3. Friend
    4. El Nino09

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭M00lers

Cheers OP, expressVPN to setup new Netflix account, Revolut for payment. Sorted! Less than 9 euro for 4 screen and 4K... sweet! I can live with that. €13.99 is what they were charging after price increase...saving a fiver a month....

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El Nino09

I am interested if any space avaible

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭El Nino09

Any spaces going ?

• Advertisement

El Nino09 wrote: »
    Any spaces going ?

I might have one space as one person messaged me but haven’t said they will take the space but I will give them till tomorrow afternoon to decide and if they don’t get back to me or decide not to take the space I will let you know

Advertisement