Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

JSA / JSB Waiting times Survey

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

BravoMike wrote: »
    In reciept of payment but my back pay has been refused and has not been paid. Im seriously pissed off at this stage :mad::mad:

Backpay is usually only awarded where, for some reason beyond your personal control, and in the absence of precedent, you did not apply for Social Welfare payments as soon as you could have.

For example, a person who was ignorant of the existence of Social Welfare benefits could always avail of backpay. Thats an extreme example.

A less extreme example would be a person who becomes unemployed, has an accident, or suffers a bereavement, and simply physically cannot get around to apply for the benefit in question.

Another example would be a recipient who was being strung along by would be employers, and who attends interviews on a very regular basis, ultimately ending in failure.

If you know of your entitlement, and you acquiesce in the passing of time and do not apply through your own tardiness, delay or basic lack of interest, then you dont stand much of a chance.

Not saying thats you, but if it is you, then thats that.

PM me if you want and I will have a look at your personal facts and see what I can do for you.

Cheers.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

BravoMike wrote: »
    No real reason yet waiting for letter as to why. I will be defenately appealing the decision.

sorry, my mistake, by back pay did you mean all the weekes you were waiting after you applied? Silly me!:(

Okay then, you are definitely entitled to the money for the period between the initial application and the eventual succeeding of your claim.

However, you must be able to show that you were looking for work during that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Finally, finally, finally, my claim has been awarded. So I can say that I sign on at Portarlington and I was waiting 19 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Congrats miec!

Seriously, bet that's a weight off the shoulders eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Put my claim in for JSA @ Blanchsardstown on July 10th. Inspector just came around today for the means test.

Hopefully not much longer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

Called in on Wednesday & picking up my first payment on jb this Monday after 11 weeks waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

cute_cow wrote: »
    I applied for a repeat claim in Kilbarrack this morning, girl said wait time could be 3-4 weeks. she also said because the kids are back to school, their work force had increased, and wait times has significantly reduced. Be very surprised if it was 3-4 weeks, but will update when i find out more!

Well i was wrong!! I got a letter today to say that my application for JB was authporised for payment, money will be in PO on wednesday, so was about 3 and a half weeks...am very, very lucky from reading some posts here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 niall1986

waiting seven weeks in bishops square dublin for JB. Anyone else waiting for JB from this office? How long should i wait before i enquire about my claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Hi Xiney, it was a huge relief, I was able to order in the oil now as we had no way of getting any and we can make a dent in the credit card, so relief all round. Lets just say the relief is tremendous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Why is it so slow? I signed on for the last month or so in England and my claim took about 2-3 weeks to process.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 topdog86

Signed on 8th July in Limerick City

Still waiting...11 weeks today :(

Feeling hooeful that it will come through this week or next.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

niall1986: I'm waiting 13 weeks this Friday from the bishops square office

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 finito

Waitin since July 8 for JA in Galway. Been working since end June but they made me come in for interview to process my claim. He said I should get paid for the weeks I wasn't working but so far haven't heard anything. 11 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭KetchupKid

Similar story. Tomorrow it will be 14 weeks since I applied for jobseekers benefit from the Galway office and I still haven't heard anything. Rang numerous times & always left on hold for 20-30 mins before giving up. Once somebody answered I told them my problem and they put me back on hold and I waited for almost an hour before giving up.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

KetchupKid wrote: »
    Similar story. Tomorrow it will be 14 weeks since I applied for jobseekers benefit from the Galway office and I still haven't heard anything. Rang numerous times & always left on hold for 20-30 mins before giving up. Once somebody answered I told them my problem and they put me back on hold and I waited for almost an hour before giving up.

Hi KetchupKid, dont waste your time or money on trying to ring them.
    Go in to the office, take a number for information AND one for new claims & go to which ever number comes up. I like to call it dole bingo. Once you have somebody in front of you they are very helpful but do ask them to pull out your file/folder to double check that everything is in order.

As i mentioned earlier i went in on a Wed & recieved back pay the following Monday.

Best of luck!

Hi Xtradel,

Thanks for the advice, I'll go down there tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭LilyCullen

you're all going to hate me BUT I was waiting just over a week. It was JSB and It was in navan. My interview was on the 1st of september 2 or 3 days after I'd gone to enquire and been told what documents to bring. I managed to secure p45/other forms quite quickly so I had the all for the interview. My letter to say my dole AND my late claim had been approved and I collected my weekly and my back-dated money on the 10th of september.
    I do know how lucky I am, my friend in Limerick has been waiting 13 weeks and counting now...for JSB aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭oglaigh

8 weeks to the day for JSB in Bishops Street, Dublin.
    Was complaining to everyone who would listen about how long it was taking but after reading some off the posts here I think I`ll stop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Applied for JSA in Galway on the 24th Sept. She said it could take 2 weeks but probably longer, I'm thinking around 8 >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭friday1

JSA=11 weeks in Clondalkin.

went in 9th july, contacted 29th September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

4 weeks exactly. Navan road office. very happy (and surprised)

xtradel wrote: »
    Hi KetchupKid, dont waste your time or money on trying to ring them.
    Go in to the office, take a number for information AND one for new claims & go to which ever number comes up. I like to call it dole bingo. Once you have somebody in front of you they are very helpful but do ask them to pull out your file/folder to double check that everything is in order.

As i mentioned earlier i went in on a Wed & recieved back pay the following Monday.
    Best of luck!

Hi xtradel,

I finally got the courage to go down to the Dole office and queued up for an hour before speaking to someone and they said my file is still in process, although it is now 15 weeks! I asked why 15 weeks, since many others have received it in a lot less and she said it varies case by case. I thought my case was pretty straight forward. I asked her if there was anyway I could expedite it and she said no, but said I could apply for an advance if necessary, but I declined that offer. The person was very nice, so I didn't push her and I asked if there was anything else I could do and she said no. I felt there was nothing else I could do, but after re-reading your post maybe I should have asked them to pull out my folder to double check that everything is in order, although she appeared to look at my details on her PC and didn't indicate any problems. Who knows, my query might get things going, but she still gave me no indications when I'll get any response. If I don't hear anything by next week, I'll go back and ask them to pull my folder, but I find it very difficult to go there since it's not only very frustrating, but very demoralising.

In my experience, simply going in and asking what was taking so long seemed to get the ball rolling.

Hopefully it'll be the same thing for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I signed on in Maynooth on the 14th of September, from what I am reading here I could be waiting a while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭musky

Bishops Square Dublin

made redundant on wed 30th sept
    (knew in advance so i got all my documents in order)

went in the next day (thurs 1st Oct) with docs and p45 waited approx 90 mins in queue.

told to come back the next morning at 10.

did so (fri 2nd), apppointment took approx 15 mins, girl photocopied some stuff then gave me a slip of paper telling me that a payment would be in my local post office the next wed (7th)

It all seemed too easy, are there one set of rules for people who are made redundant? Should I expect a rude awakening in the future, maybe a letter telling me they made a mistake?

I was really expecting to have to wait until after xmas.

I feel guilty that it was so quick for me and some people are going through hell, i hope you all get sorted soon.

btw, did anyone notice that two dublin fas ofices are closed, jervis street and dolier street - seems moronic given the current situation.

musky - two reasons it was quick for you (probably):

1) You are probably on JSB, which is quicker to process because there's no means test, they just make sure you have the right amount of PRSI contributions (stamps)

2) A lot of offices around the country have started a new "fast tracking" procedure to deal with claims differently than they were doing - since it was taking so long before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Applied for JSA in Galway on the 24th Sept. She said it could take 2 weeks but probably longer, I'm thinking around 8 >_>
    Galway city? 2 weeks?! I'm currently at 21... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Kiniska

Hi emeraldstar,

I'm also in Galway City and I only applied a measly 16 weeks ago now for JSB and I still haven't heard anything and I thought that was insane until seeing you're at 21 weeks. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

Does anyone know the current wait time in Dun Laoghaire, South Co. Dublin? The first bloke I saw in there said 4 months (which I was aghast at but didn't feel in a position to argue), when I had to go in a second time to bring a couple more documents, the girl I saw said 4 to 6 weeks. Am really hoping the second girl was right... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭crushproof

Does anyone know the current wait time in Dun Laoghaire, South Co. Dublin? The first bloke I saw in there said 4 months (which I was aghast at but didn't feel in a position to argue), when I had to go in a second time to bring a couple more documents, the girl I saw said 4 to 6 weeks. Am really hoping the second girl was right... :confused:

I've been waiting since the start of June for mine and still no sign of it...trust me, the patience is wearing thin!!

Advertisement