Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inter Country Adoption Whilst Abroad

• 08-03-2019 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, first time posting on boards. It's good to finally have signed up here :)

We are looking to adopt, but we currently live abroad, and will continue to do so. We are both Irish citizens, holding Irish passports. Unfortunately internal adoption within the country where we currently reside is not available to foreign citizens here on residential visas.

As a result of that we're trying to establish what avenues are open to us for inter-country adoption - countries we can adopt from, reputable agencies or organisations who can facilitate our residential status abroad etc

I'm hoping some of you kind people on here might have some ideas or suggestions which you wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Hi, first time posting on boards. It's good to finally have signed up here :)

We are looking to adopt, but we currently live abroad, and will continue to do so. We are both Irish citizens, holding Irish passports. Unfortunately internal adoption within the country where we currently reside is not available to foreign citizens here on residential visas.

As a result of that we're trying to establish what avenues are open to us for inter-country adoption - countries we can adopt from, reputable agencies or organisations who can facilitate our residential status abroad etc

I'm hoping some of you kind people on here might have some ideas or suggestions which you wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks in advance.

My understanding is that you need to be resident here in Ireland to be assessed for intracountry adoption through Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 justanotherjoe

Hi Brian, and thanks for the reply.

Yes, you are correct, but I'm hoping some on here might have knowledge they acquired during their own journeys of organisations and options for international adoption. We're not looking to adopt through Ireland. Just asking if others learned of similar situations before.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,464 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

No bother.
    I sent you a PM

Many thanks _Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1 EMS2020

Hi Just Another Joe -

Myself and my husband are in the same position as you and we are wondering if you made any progress. Have found a reputable agency to help us with the adoption here even though the child would not have citizenship from the country we are residing in, they would hold a passport of their country of birth.

Did you have any luck with obtaining more information or even better still being able to adopt a child ?

Thank you

Best wishes

• Advertisement

Hi EMS2020, thanks for the reply.

Just sent you a private message here on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 WinBren

Hi EMS2020 and justanotherjoe = I'm sending you a message on boards.ie.

Advertisement