Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair “deal of all deals”

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

mcgragger wrote: »

Madness. Going to an airport with all this going on is not my idea of fun

I just flew this morning, the airport is an absolute pleasure at the moment, you are through it in seconds no ques and no hassle. Also have a whole row to yourself if there's space on the flight, which there is most of the time (unless this sale somehow goes well).

You are much more likely to catch covid in your local supermarket.
    If you need to travel thats fine but as a leisure traveller that likes city breaks there is no reason for me to go anywhere. Dublin is dead and if thats an indication of other cities then feck it I will stay at home

Dublin is the deadest and most locked down place in Europe, nowhere else is as dead as Dublin.

Dublin is the deadest and most locked down place in Europe, nowhere else is as dead as Dublin.
    Yes, elsewhere people are going about their daily lives and generally the only inconveniences they are suffering are dried out hand from all the hand sanitizing alcohol and the need to wear masks in shared spaces.
    What is happening in Ireland is just prolonged hysteria.
    Other Countries who can't be accused of being irresponsible are introducing measured responses like testing when returning from hot spots like Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

no thanks Michael, I'll gladly pay double to avoid ever dealing with your ballache of a company and miserable flight experience ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

no thanks Michael, I'll gladly pay double to avoid ever dealing with your ballache of a company and miserable flight experience ever again

Still waiting on my refund for a cancelled May flight from Ryanair.

I sent them an email last week in reply to an email that they sent me about a cancelled April flight and they haven't bother to respond.

They wouldn't refund me cash for a "gift card" element of a flight purchase. Insisted I take another gift card with an expiry date next January.

why would anyone want to fly anywhere other than for essential work?
    I wont be getting on a plane again until I can visit a place like the way we used to

Right now the places I’ve been are better than they used to be, as is the process of actually travelling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭touts

Some of us can travel without being irresponsible.
    I've be happily travelling to Ireland in coming weeks and months.
    Mandatory tests when returning and possible self-isolation for a highly unlikely positive test are not an issue for me.
    There are huge numbers of people who have been putting off travel and these promotions are bargains for us.
    The biggest problem is that the choice of flights is very much reduced as all carriers have been scaling back services.

My concern isn't irresponsible travelers. My concern is giving Ryanair money for flights in the future when there is a strong possibility/probability that airports will be shut again and they still haven't refunded money for thousands of customers who had flights cancelled six months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

pc7 wrote: »
    After the battle I had with RA to try get a refund for a flight they cancelled for almost a grand, I'll do all I can going forward to never travel with them again.

Chargeback. Once the flight is cancelled they have to refund within 7 days. I did it with Ryanair and AerLingus, both within 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Yes, elsewhere people are going about their daily lives and generally the only inconveniences they are suffering are dried out hand from all the hand sanitizing alcohol and the need to wear masks in shared spaces.
    What is happening in Ireland is just prolonged hysteria.
    Other Countries who can't be accused of being irresponsible are introducing measured responses like testing when returning from hot spots like Dublin.

So it's hysteria but it's also a hot spot? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

pc7 wrote: »
    After the battle I had with RA to try get a refund for a flight they cancelled for almost a grand, I'll do all I can going forward to never travel with them again.

They really took the piss when Covid hit, even going so far as lobbying Fine Gael to do their bidding for them in Brussels who slapped them down by saying refunds not vouchers. A month after Covid hit Easy Jet had processed some 75% of refunds, BA 89% while Ryanair had processed just 12%. That wasnt by accident, they wanted to keep customers money in their bank account even as people were losing their jobs.
    why would anyone want to fly anywhere other than for essential work?
    I wont be getting on a plane again until I can visit a place like the way we used to

Id be the opposite, now would be a great time to see cities that suffer from over tourism. Im thinking things like the 2 hour long queue to get into the Vatican muesum would now be gone and you could walk straight in. Venice wouldnt be anywhere near as mobbed as it is under normal circumstances. So for some travelling now is an opportunity to avoid that kind of stuff.

MOH wrote: »
    So it's hysteria but it's also a hot spot? :rolleyes:
    Yes, Hysteria...Hysteria making people petrified with fear leading to poor decision making when there is a clear but eminently manageable risk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

ch750536 wrote: »
    Chargeback. Once the flight is cancelled they have to refund within 7 days. I did it with Ryanair and AerLingus, both within 7 days.

Depends on your bank, I applied for one in June with AIB and after 4 months of torture with RA they paid out before the charge back. Still have chargeback with them for Air Europa, they’ll probably pay out before AIB get to it (said 1000’s in queue). As I say it has left such a bad taste I will do all I can traveling going forward not to use RA again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

Dublin Liverpool Dec 5th has gone from 12.99 each way to 60 euro one way but it is ok, it is buy one get one free.

Think I will pass.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Ryanair cancelled their flights this summer. Because they cancelled the flights they had to refund monies paid, back to those who booked.
    Next year they will play a different game. Flights booked will not be cancelled. They will then get to keep the monies paid because they will fly with empty planes. Probably have skeleton staff on each flight. Win Win for Ryanair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Double O Seven

There are actually plenty of idiots booking flights to nowhere at the moment - take off and land at the same airport after maybe 4 or 5 hours in the air - just because they miss the experience of flying.

Fools and their money!

Source?

Probably have skeleton staff on each flight.
    2 pilots and 4 crew on all flights by law but at the moment a larger proportion of the people booking a flight aren't turning up than was normal in the past and they get to keep that fare and passenger taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,276 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Myself and my extended family and friends will never travel Ryan air again after micky Leary’s antics over the last 6 months and his general antics the last decade

Source?

It’s true. It’s a service being offered by an airline in, i think, SE Asia. Saw it in the news a couple of weeks ago

Myself and my extended family and friends will never travel Ryan air again after micky Leary’s antics over the last 6 months and his general antics the last decade
    I'd give more credence to your comments if I didn't know that you have an ulterior motive; https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110970253&postcount=2144
    Get back in your box, ya disingenuous spoofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

I've booked a few speculative flights, cost almost nothing and if i get going great, otherwise not much lost!

Advertisement