Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kenwood Chef KM310 Blip

• 20-08-2020 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I've a 15 year old Kenwood Chef km310 that intermittently speeds up when in use. The speed increase is only a blip so to speak. It working normally otherwise
    I am hoping it is the control module and just replace it, is this likely given that the control module is speeding up and slowing down normally?
    The brushes and motor seem in good knick but I can't get in to the unit at the top of the motor.
    Does anyone know how to get at the top of the motor by removing the fan. So far I've tried heating it up with a hair dryer.
    Lastly are there any good sites for repair manuals.
    Any advice appreciated, there's plenty of videos on youtube with older models but I can't find anything on models similar to mine.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Like, is it the sound of something skipping a gear so the motor rev's w/o pushback and then everything goes back to normal?
    My kmix does something similar and it seems to be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭MF290

b1VNWjR.jpg
    qNZdJRc.jpg
    Zb0JSJy.jpg

Tree wrote: »
    Like, is it the sound of something skipping a gear so the motor rev's w/o pushback and then everything goes back to normal?
    My kmix does something similar and it seems to be fine.

There doesn't seem to be any loss of power to the whisk so I wasn't thinking gears. The whisk speeds up when the revs blip.
    Kind of wish I didn't take is asunder before running it in more detail,
    I don't tend to use it much :o

MF290 wrote: »
    b1VNWjR.jpg
    qNZdJRc.jpg
    Zb0JSJy.jpg

anyone have an idea how to take the fan off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭greasepalm

That looks like a serrated washer that is holding fan in place,need to prise up a tooth at a time to release the bite of holding it in place and when refitting i use a deep small size socket to gently tap to reseat it note the teeth facing upwards to hold it in place.I would be using a small bent pick to get in under it to release a tooth at a time.

My mother had a kenwood and remember the odd different circular movements it did.

• Advertisement

greasepalm wrote: »
    That looks like a serrated washer that is holding fan in place,need to prise up a tooth at a time to release the bite of holding it in place and when refitting i use a deep small size socket to gently tap to reseat it note the teeth facing upwards to hold it in place.I would be using a small bent pick to get in under it to release a tooth at a time.

My mother had a kenwood and remember the odd different circular movements it did.

Thanks, I took the serrated washer off and heated it with a hairdryer, still can't manage to get it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Is there a metal bush in the fan that is stuck to shaft,thinking something mite break if force is used.

greasepalm wrote: »
    Is there a metal bush in the fan that is stuck to shaft,thinking something mite break if force is used.

I've been fixing up an older one and the pcb for the km310 is in a control unit near the switch rather than on top of the motor as in the older ones so I bought a control on ebay earlier today. Hopefully that might work.
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/121819027874

In the meantime I've ran into another problem on my grandmother's 901D which was called into action :pac:
    I am buying buying a capacitor and resistor kit to fix it however a lot of the kits for sale say they are not suitable for use in a 901d due to an electrolytic cap, just something to be aware because all the kits nearly look identical.

The problem I have is that all the videos and tutorials online involve wrapping a wire around a pole. The two wires in mine just seem to go straight into the board below.
    The only similar tutorial I see online has another wire going out to the side of the capacitor ttftQICDqUcUMYFY.large
    https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repairing+a+Kenwood+Chef+A901D+That+Emits+a+Burning+Smell/122757

A few pics of my own one to explain
    w5Y23xs.jpg
    mFjVGss.jpg

Can I just stick the wires straight in below on my one?
    Any help greatly appreciated

Advertisement