Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Could be worse , they could have said 'I would of been' !

I would of being. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

How people act when under pressure says everything about them.
    I dont care how stressful the situation is, no excuse for ignorance and bad manners.
    TA Had to distance myself from someone who turned out to be a parasite, and disassociate from another who showed an ugly streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Threads in the wrong place.

"my thread about movies is in AH cos it'll get more views" isn't a ****ing excuse. The whole point of separate forums is to keep order.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Oh and been instead of being.

WTF is wrong with people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonny!

After a few years living here, my accent is changing.

I cant do the local accent on demand as an impression but lately I noticed I can only say "how" and ow words in that accent :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Ruby Ring

Leaving the shopping list at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Fabio wrote: »
    The phrase "I myself" grates on me.

Also "I would have been" in relation to something which happened in the past.

I don't know why :) .

Argh! Yes :mad: Often used in lazy journalism when local villagers are talking about someone who has died. They can't just say, "he was a great man" or "he worked at X,Y,Z" - it's always "he would have been a great man. He would have worked at X,Y, Z".

Also, the canonisation of dead people who were involved in GAA/ known in the area/ business people in the village etc.

"He would have been well known in the local GAA club. He would have been a great man. His family would have been very well respected business owners". :(:(:( What in the bleedin hell difference does it matter.

Oh and the community is always "tight knit and shocked and rallying around" the survivors.

That would have been a massive TA so it would. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Antares35 wrote: »
    Argh! Yes :mad: Often used in lazy journalism when local villagers are talking about someone who has died. They can't just say, "he was a great man" or "he worked at X,Y,Z" - it's always "he would have been a great man. He would have worked at X,Y, Z".

Also, the canonisation of dead people who were involved in GAA/ known in the area/ business people in the village etc.

"He would have been well known in the local GAA club. He would have been a great man. His family would have been very well respected business owners". :(:(:( What in the bleedin hell difference does it matter.

Oh and the community is always "tight knit and shocked and rallying around" the survivors.

That would have been a massive TA so it would. :P

Well it was in a “residential area”😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The use of "would have" is a rural thing. Very annoying.

People not knowing when to use I, me or myself is another bugbear.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,562 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

People using gloves and masks incorrectly. Does my head in.

If you keep the same gloves on all day, they're useless.
    And if you touch your face and your mask with your gloved hands, you're potentially contaminating everywhere.
    Just leave the gloves and masks to those who need to wear PPE. Keep washing your hands properly instead, and use sanitiser in between times.

Common sense is instinct,* enough of it is genius.
    Apparently.

*you'd hope:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Oh and been instead of being.

WTF is wrong with people.

"Then" instead of "than" and I just KNOW it is deliberate with most people who say/ write it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at not being able to meet my new niece :'(

Oh no :( It's so awful, people meeting their newest relatives through windows and via skype etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Antares35 wrote: »
    Oh no :( It's so awful, people meeting their newest relatives through windows and via skype etc.

Bethar dan gettin the Corno or passin it on though....innit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA'd that I never knew this whole time that Sephiroth_Dude's profile contained a chibi Sephiroth when I thought it was full-size Sephiroth. Mandela effect??

Also, sorry to hear of this. I'd be hearbroken. At least you have something to look forward to when all of this is over

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TA'd that I never knew this whole time that Sephiroth_Dude's profile contained a chibi Sephiroth when I thought it was full-size Sephiroth. Mandela effect??
    It did. :)

Still does, but it's different. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=111537

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

New Home wrote: »
    It did. :)

Still does, but it's different. https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=111537

Poor Seph is going to wonder why his profile got so many visits! :pac:

TA Disrupted sleep pattern and missing meeting people.

• ! Warning! Completely unique annoyance here. !May shock!

Annoyed at this f*cking virus. I was having a good enough day but now just hit with total annoyance and sadness. I just want to see my family. I want to see my partners family too. It's my partners Dad's birthday tomorrow (or technically today) and it just sucks that we can't see him. I miss all the nieces and nephews. I miss my Granny.

I'm so lucky I live with my partner and our five animals. My heart goes out to anyone quarantined alone.

Also I'm outta milk. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

One thing I do find a little annoying lately is if somebody says they miss meeting people, going somewhere, buying something, etc in just a casual way and somebody jumps down there throat with a big long rant telling them to get over themselves.

• One thing I do find a little annoying lately is if somebody says they miss meeting people, going somewhere, buying something, etc in just a casual way and somebody jumps down there throat with a big long rant telling them to get over themselves.

Is this a sneaky way of telling me to get over myself?!?!?!

Go suck a lemon freshpopcorn!!!!!

:D just kidding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I have a pain in my hole with this virus.Being stuck in,i cant even fling the kids out to play.Poor feckers havent been out at all since they where in school.

I miss my grandsons so much.I miss being able to go out for dinner.Ii just miss life in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

TA that I've no idea what any of that means apart from Seph's user name.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    TA that I've no idea what any of that means apart from Seph's user name.

TA that I have never heard the word chibi in my life and I haven't a clue what that post means. TA when banter goes on between posters and I dont know what it means! Makes me feel left out ;) as if this Coronavirus isn't enough.

Glad to hear people (glad is the wrong word) are also feeling ****e about it. At least I know I'm not losing my mind.
    I am alone, both daughters and my little 10 month old granddaughter live abroad. Whatsapp is ok but its just not cutting it lately, and this could on for a long time.
    Huge sense of loss is how I would describe this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waking up with a headache and waking up 2 hours after you go to sleep but feels like you've been asleep way longer.

LOL! its from world of final fantasy, he's a summon in it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Very trivial in the light of current circumstances but it feels rude to me to be giving people a wide berth. Its like I think they are going to think I think they smell.
    TA too many 'thinks' in that sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

One thing I do find a little annoying lately is if somebody says they miss meeting people, going somewhere, buying something, etc in just a casual way and somebody jumps down there throat with a big long rant telling them to get over themselves.

Avoid the Today FM thread on the radio forum, so. Mairead Ronan mentioned being down yesterday cos she couldn't see her 81-y-o da, and they're ripping her a new one. :rolleyes:

• Overhear in the q outside a larger Tesco in Dublin some lady aloud on the phone: "ya ya, today is my first day out....my very first day....ye ye....oh it's my first day".....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I tell ya what.

I would murder a pint.

And I'll never complain about the weather again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

If you keep the same gloves on all day, they're useless.
    And if you touch your face and your mask with your gloved hands, you're potentially contaminating everywhere.

Saw some dude yesterday with a mask that looked like something a carpenter would wear, and gloves... ..with his phone in his hand. I bet he cleansed his phone after taking off his gloves.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Quick visit to supermarket for essentials and people TA'd me

Maybe it's just me but I don't think this is the time to be browsing the wares at the supermarket, know what you want, load up, pay and get out. They're probably one of the more dangerous places at the moment.

Feck this virus!
    More than just TA

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement