Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas 2019 purchases

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Have bought some dried fruit at my local market: cranberries, figs, dates.
    Will not wait till Christmas though ! Plan to add them to my brekkie.

Also ordered online some Winter clothes for my mum, showed them to her beforehand so it is not a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Funnily enough the homeware section in some of the Dunnes Stores have had some lovely bits the last few years, we've picked up some really nice bits n bobs in both Blanchardstown & Donaghmede SC's.

Good old Donaghmede SC, I remember going there with my Mum when I was kid. This was way before Blanch or Liffey Valley and thinking it was brill having all these shops in the same place. There was Northside SC as well but always thought (at the time) Donaghmede was better because it had shops upstairs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Jude13

Bought the little ones first Christmas pressie, it will be from our dog. A toy mobile set of keys and tv controller. She loves grabbing the real tv controller and chewing it.

otnomart wrote: »

They definitely had some kind of vegan mice pies last year as got them for my brother in law. Guess they were only 'partially ethical' :confused:

• Advertisement

Now that we are in double digits, product launches keep coming fast !

Marks & Spencer has just unveiled its Christmas food range
    Selected M&S Food Christmas lines launch from 25th September.
    https://www.housebeautiful.com/uk/lifestyle/food-drink/g29083391/marks-spencer-christmas-food/

I would love the Clementine Gin Liqueur Snow Globe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Sweet baby Jesus, that sticky toffee trifle looks AMAZING! As does the Brie en Croute :pac::pac::pac:

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Sweet baby Jesus, that sticky toffee trifle looks AMAZING! As does the Brie en Croute :pac::pac::pac:

I really have to eat breakfast before opening this thread.......

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Delighted with myself bought my first present this morning, delighted as it was for the person who I usually struggle to buy for and this idea just came to me this morning! :)

Lots of buzz today on the Web about M&S Colin the Caterpillar, which is getting a festive makeover !

1_sale-70.png

• Advertisement

Quality Street downsized again for Christmas this year - from 720g to 650g – with more chocolates and fewer toffees
    https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/09/happy-christmas-shrinkflation-trims-quality-street-again

A limited edition Chocolate Caramel Brownie sweet has been added to the Quality Street range.
    A range of Smarties Penguins have also been added to Nestlé’s portfolio for this year; some with detachable bowties (!)
    https://www.talkingretail.com/products-news/confectionery/nestle-confectionery-unveils-new-products-for-christmas-2019-19-09-2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

A limited edition Chocolate Caramel Brownie sweet has been added to the Quality Street range.

No amount of Chocolate Brownie can make up for the loss that is the Toffee Deluxe imo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭DvB

CheerLouth wrote: »
    No amount of Chocolate Brownie can make up for the loss that is the Toffee Deluxe imo :(

A travesty if ever there was :(
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't eat toffee, so I'm happy! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I don't eat toffee, so I'm happy! :pac:

Yea I don't see the toffee as a great loss, I'm more devastated about the tub size decreasing AGAIN :(

Loughc wrote: »
    Yea I don't see the toffee as a great loss, I'm more devastated about the tub size decreasing AGAIN :(

Heathen!!!

Seriously though, for me its the toffee selection that sets Quality Street apart from the other selections (Roses, Heroes etc.) and makes it a better selection. If they just reduce the toffees & replace them with chocolate sweets they'll end up just like all the others IMO. Really hope they keep the variety going.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭xeresod

Selected M&S Food Christmas lines launch from 25th September.

Well Lidl have done one better - their range is already in store! (seen in the Virginia store yesterday)

Went into Claire's for a humble hair clip, saw their Halloween jewellery, then checked out their sterling silver earrings range and saw these and of course had to buy them !

They are so subtle annd delicate that I think will get a lot of wear out of them, expecially the candy cane ones.
    Thinking about Rudolph Day next week

55054_1.jpg?sw=2000&sh=2000&sm=fit

Nestlé launches made-to-order luxury KitKats for £14 a bar

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/23/nestle-kitkat-christmas

• Advertisement

Nestlé launches made-to-order luxury KitKats for £14 a bar

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/23/nestle-kitkat-christmas

Not sure about marmalade flavour!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Popped my wish.com cherry and bought these little gift boxes and some gift tags.

5bbdcd6aa9f9f12a3523d4c4-large.jpg?cache_buster=4ee7f2628b1748180e41ff151c469cf7

These finally arrived yesterday. I was so confused when I opened them because the design was completely different to what I'd ordered. Then I turned them over and realised I'd been looking at the inside of them. :D

These finally arrived yesterday. I was so confused when I opened them because the design was completely different to what I'd ordered. Then I turned them over and realised I'd been looking at the inside of them. :D

They look incredibly cute.

More food launches !

Marks & Spencer are launching a new foot-long chocolate eclair next week (Monday, 30th September).

Aldi launches Candy Cane Gin Liqueur - will be available in stores and online from 1st October - Featuring flavours of sweet peppermint and vanilla

https://www.pretty52.com/tasty/food-and-drink-ms-christmas-menu-foot-long-chocolate-eclair-2019-20190925

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/food/a29220118/aldi-candy-cane-gin-liqueur/

Marks & Spencer are launching a new foot-long chocolate eclair next week (Monday, 30th September)
    Don't these people understand that my trousers are already feeling snug?! :rolleyes:

Marks & Spencer are launching a new foot-long chocolate eclair next week (Monday, 30th September).

I'd say Subway aren't too happy :)

Don't these people understand that my trousers are already feeling snug?! :rolleyes:

I hear you, we're nearing the time of terrible temptation!! I just hope I have the willpower left to fit off the majority of it :)

I like to think of it as my trousers want to hug me extra tight.

Collected another present today that I ordered with AddressPal. 10/10 will use again. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Went to Lidl to buy a giant slipper but I got my dates wrong so I went to Dealz and bought a Santa tealight holder to get over the disappointment.

Advertisement