Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen appliances

• 04-11-2016 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

We just bought a new build and will be be looking to take advantage of the Eur vs GBP rates. I've seen armagh electrical / Dalzells mentioned a few times, but they don't include pricing on their site from what I can see.

Has anyone any recommendations for a good electrical store where we could get some idea for comparison vs stores in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭matchthis

Was in a similar situation a good few years ago. In the end what worked out best was going into power city once I had picked out the things I wanted to get. Went to an agent during the January sales, but think they were actually started in December. Got all appliances and got a great deal. power city were cheaper or the same price as what was around. Most expensive were Harvey Norman

• Registered Users Posts: 4 meathgirl2011

We are in the same situation at the moment. Spent yesterday shopping around Between Powercity, Harvey Norman, Currys and DID. Powercity were actually the most expensive for us and gave us the worst bulk discount (2.5% when we were buying the works-double oven, hob, fridge, freezer, washing machine, drier and dishwasher. ) We thought Currys had the best selection of washing machines and tall fridges and freezers and DID for the rest. We are hoping to wait until Black Friday to see if some savings can be made then.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 chikatee

very interested in this as we are currently in the same situation. Looking at Donaghy Brothers at the min. There's a site called pricespy which show these to be fairly competitive. With regards going over the border to buy, what would the situation be with warranties etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭frash

Did this a few years ago and this place was the cheapest

http://www.hardysofkilkeel.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I bought a fridge freezer from that Dalzells place and it was dead on arrival. Once I had a technician out from Hoover to confirm it was dead, they replaced it next day and collected the old one, so I was happy with that. If any of the other places are offering delivery to Dublin I'd guess their process would be similar, not sure how it would work for collection in person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Brandfrys

Best appliances for the kitchen are not easy to select among the wide collection of kitchen appliances available around.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

How do people deal with Dalzells? Pick randomly from a catalogue or ring and ask what items are on offer? difficult to know what to choose on their website..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Darando wrote: »
    How do people deal with Dalzells? Pick randomly from a catalogue or ring and ask what items are on offer? difficult to know what to choose on their website..

I'll be looking for a rangecooker and fridge freezer in the coming months. I've found this https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk . I think it's around €30 for delivery...

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

www.buyitdirect.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lardarse

https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk and www.buyitdirect.ie look to be the same crowd.
    Might be ok if everything goes ok, but if you have trouble, i don`t think they would be much help. See trustpilot below.
    So better to spend a little more for peace of mind. :)
    https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.buyitdirect.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭colliemcc

www.watterselectrical.co.uk

they will deliver to.

Advertisement