Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi 160gb hard drive

Options
  • 08-08-2004 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Aldi have a good price on 160Gb hard drive €109.99,next thurs 12/08
    Check out specs here http://ireland.aldi.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ooh, TV sender for 50 euros too. I'd have to take the morning off work to get to an Aldi shop to buy it though :( (nearest one = 30 miles)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

MarinoMark wrote:
    Aldi have a good price on 160Gb hard drive €109.99,next thurs 12/08
    Check out specs here http://ireland.aldi.com/
    its cheaper here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Can gat 160gig HD's from Komplett for €93.50 -
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?bn=10089&sortBy=p&minprice=&maxPrice=

The Aldi price is still pretty good as I'm not sure what the shipping is at Komplett.
    That digi cam looks ok for the price too. Like to see the specs for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

would you say the video senders would go fast ? can't get to ballincollig that early in the morning :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

well at jes it is cheaper untill you add the shipping then it is the same price
    and you have to wait for gls to deliver it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

They are also doing an 8X DVD Burner , probably a Pioneer 10(something) badged as Medion

"DVD Burner
    Take advantage of DVD storage with this multi format DVD Burner. Burns DVD in both ‘positive’ and ‘negative’ formats. A single DVD will hold 4.7Gb of files, ample storage space for movies, images etc. Write speeds: 24 x CD-R, 8 x DVD-R, 8 x DVD+R. Re-write speeds: 24 x CD-RW, 4 x DVD-RW, 4 x DVD+RW. Read speeds: 12 x DVD, 40 x CD. Also burns and reads CDs!! Comes complete with DVD copy, DVD recorder, DVD creator and discmaster software, one blank DVD and installation cable. "

Remember that they will be sold out by 8AM if past experience is anything to go by, even Galway gets about 8 articles of each of those specials, hardly worth going up there really.

M

The last two Medion-badged DVD burners sold by aldi were both Pioneers, got one myself. I really want one of those TV senders, it would be dead handy for bringing sky digital to my TV card :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

cdebru wrote:
    well at jes it is cheaper untill you add the shipping then it is the same price
    and you have to wait for gls to deliver it
    True, but how the one I linked at jes is the 7200RMP 8MB cache version. Aldi don't give specs, but it could well be 2MB cache, and might even be a 5400RPM drive. Someone should go down on Thursday and let us all know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

DO NOT buy these drives as they are refurbished HDD from a company in China called Ricotek (if I remember correctly) who take Samsung's returns and repackage them - they are shady drives :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭MarinoMark

DO NOT buy these drives as they are refurbished HDD from a company in China called Ricotek (if I remember correctly) who take Samsung's returns and repackage them - they are shady drives ]

Spoilsport !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

True, but how the one I linked at jes is the 7200RMP 8MB cache version. Aldi don't give specs, but it could well be 2MB cache, and might even be a 5400RPM drive. Someone should go down on Thursday and let us all know :)
    they had these a couple of weeks ago nearly sure they are 7200

as regards them being refurbished i doubt it but aldi are sound for bringing stuff back no problems at all

offler: how do you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I'd like to know how he knows this and how he can prove it, ever hear of libel?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

eth0_ wrote:
    I'd like to know how he knows this and how he can prove it, ever hear of libel?
    libel? did't he used to be a german defender? ;)

Advertisement