Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iberdrola energy

• 01-08-2019 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

Any expeirence or reviews?

This is a new company now offering the cheapest electricity in Ireland I think, looking at switching soon.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Their customer care in Spain is incredibly poor and processes archaic... but that's where they're the dominant player.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to A&P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,881 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Any expeirence or reviews?.
    Shop around more and include offers:
    EI are offering €150 cashback
    SSE are offering €200 bill credit

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

looking at joining Iberdrola too

Has anyone any experience with them so far?

Miles cheaper than electric ireland and don't everyone use the same power lines no matter the company so surely it just comes down to price?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭KCross

087brain21 wrote: »
    looking at joining Iberdrola too

Has anyone any experience with them so far?

Miles cheaper than electric ireland and don't everyone use the same power lines no matter the company so surely it just comes down to price?

What rate did you get?
    They were way overpriced when I looked at them recently.

Look at Energia and Airtricity. They have been consistently the cheapest imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

KCross wrote: »
    What rate did you get?
    They were way overpriced when I looked at them recently.

Look at Energia and Airtricity. They have been consistently the cheapest imo.

Got it off bonkers.ie when i put in how much i spend on a bill in a month they came up at the top of the list
    Its their green 23 deal around 15.20 cent per kwh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Decided to give these the plunge today; coming out vastly cheaper for my usage than anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭fits

I joined them back in September as they were cheapest for our usage. No issues so far. Just got first bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Took the plunge with them yesterday also, Was getting them cheaper than others on bonkers and looking at the units compared to everyone else for both gas and electricity...they seemed to be the cheaper...

L1011 wrote: »
    Decided to give these the plunge today; coming out vastly cheaper for my usage than anyone else.
    Did you include cashback in final yearly usage estimate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭porker36

Took the plunge also and switched, deal on bonkers.ie also, energia rang me before the switch date and bettered the bonkers deal so stayed with energia in the end

zell12 wrote: »
    Did you include cashback in final yearly usage estimate?

Yes. Didn't bring anyone close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭ Miley Worried Cab

Switched recently from energies to electric Ireland who were cheapest. Opted for the lower rate then the cashback. Figured that if prices go up by a %. It's still cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

When i was looking through the website i found Electric Ireland extremely dear on the dual fuel on the units for each gas and Electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

I am looking to switch the provider, now I am with Electric Ireland both gas and electricity. On bonkers Iberdrola seems to be the best for both fuel options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fred the ferret

I joined Iberdrola in August as the offer looked good. The website never seemed to work properly and I had to ring in my meter readings each time. There was no emailed warning of a bill asking for a meter reading and they have no provision for on-line payment. The bills never came in at the same time interval and although my account states that the next bill is now due in February I know there is another for this month which hasn't been posted yet. What's the point? On each occasion any enquiries were handled by Scottish Power, which they also own, and despite being very pleasant it became increasingly evident that Iberdrola had set up the IE. end of things with the minimum of backup. Finally emailed them in utter frustration with the dismal service only to receive the initial response in Spanish. When I did get an IE. answer there was no apology, instead a suggestion that I had been using the ES. website instead of IE. (I know the difference) and that they were "proud of being an international company". Maybe, but that butters no parsnips and have now fled to SSE Airtricity who offer a cheaper deal at the moment and doubtless they will take their €50 cancellation fee regardless. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭CoffeeBean2

I just switched to them a month ago. The per unit price is the cheapest, but the standing charge is high. Still works out cheaper for me. I didn't factor in a cash back as I didn't know about it. I have higher than average usage as my heating is electric, so the cheap per unit cost suits.
    have now fled to SSE Airtricity who offer a cheaper deal at the moment and doubtless they will take their €50 cancellation fee regardless. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

Were you not locked into a contract? If so, how did you get out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aingeal17

I joined Iberdrola in August as the offer looked good. The website never seemed to work properly and I had to ring in my meter readings each time. There was no emailed warning of a bill asking for a meter reading and they have no provision for on-line payment. The bills never came in at the same time interval and although my account states that the next bill is now due in February I know there is another for this month which hasn't been posted yet. What's the point? On each occasion any enquiries were handled by Scottish Power, which they also own, and despite being very pleasant it became increasingly evident that Iberdrola had set up the IE. end of things with the minimum of backup. Finally emailed them in utter frustration with the dismal service only to receive the initial response in Spanish. When I did get an IE. answer there was no apology, instead a suggestion that I had been using the ES. website instead of IE. (I know the difference) and that they were "proud of being an international company". Maybe, but that butters no parsnips and have now fled to SSE Airtricity who offer a cheaper deal at the moment and doubtless they will take their €50 cancellation fee regardless. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE

Agree with all of this - avoid this company at all costs. They are impossible to communicate with. Three weeks ago I called and was told they’d call me back ASAP. Called them today, only two lads in the office and neither could help - seems they only answer the phone. Was told the manager was away and not sure when she’d be back! Sounds like a very slack doss house tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Do they actually generate anything in this country? Gas how some strange company can just waltz in and start taking MPRN's and billing people

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

From their site, they seem to offer a discount for the 1st 12 months. For example, with the "Dual Fuel 23" plan, you'll have a 23% discount for 12 months. Seems the discount will go to 9% after the 12 months.
    Were you not locked into a contract? If so, how did you get out?
    from their website;
    If you cancel either your Gas or Electricity Tariff with us by switching to another energy supplier, with the transfer fully completing 49 days or more before the End Date ie 12 months from your supply start date, we will apply exit fees of €50 (inc VAT) for the fuel you have switched.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 jon ish

I signed up because they were cheap, but the seem to billing quarterly and not a fixed monthly dd. So I am going to get billed for the December, January and February - two fuels in one go. Cant wait for my year to be up.

Do they actually generate anything in this country? Gas how some strange company can just waltz in and start taking MPRN's and billing people

Yes, they have substantial wind installations in Donegal and possibly other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Horace Wimp

jon ish wrote: »
    I signed up because they were cheap, but the seem to billing quarterly and not a fixed monthly dd. So I am going to get billed for the December, January and February - two fuels in one go. Cant wait for my year to be up.

I signed up yesterday.

From what I'm reading (wish I had seen this thread first), I should avail of my 14 day cooling off period and cancel the switch.

I don't mind submitting readings I take myself, I had to do similar before with Airtricity, but quarterly billing isn't okay with me

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭theboringfox

I signed up. No issues so far. Your gas and electricity readings taken by the network anyway. I just want the cheapest rate and they were it even when taking into account offers. I agree though their setup seems to be super basic but I remember being with flogas and was similar. I can see not having monthly billing could be an issue. Mine seems to be every 2 months which would seem standard enough. But agree outside of price this is absolutely no frills stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Horace Wimp

I don't need frills :)
    Just value

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

bonkers telling me move from energia dual fuel to electric ireland for electricity and flo gas for gas-whats the story just do it through bonkers is it or are ya better off going to the companys your going to

Either way
    Make sure to include cashback
    Bonkers does not include the SSE cashback in comparison, check if it is cheaper
    https://www.sseairtricity.com/ie/home/

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Was just looking at joining them and noticed that the people giving out are new so I'm not sure are they actually true or not

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

fits wrote: »
    I joined them back in September as they were cheapest for our usage. No issues so far. Just got first bill.

Have you had any trouble with Iberdrola since joining?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

CosmicFool wrote: »
    Was just looking at joining them and noticed that the people giving out are new so I'm not sure are they actually true or not

I joined them in October, I'm getting billed, and it seems reasonable etc, but I've been unable to get online access to my account and I only received a bill via email when I queried how they could take payment without giving me sight of a bill first.
    As others have said, they seem to be attempting to serve the Irish market with little or no backup.
    I probably wouldn't have signed up if I had known this, but I'll stick with them for the 12 months and review then.

Advertisement