Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many push-ups can you do?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Anyone tried planking? the first time I did my whole body started to quiver like jelly at a count of about 50......can now do a 200 count without as much as a tremble

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Auld lads bragging about world record press ups. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Give me a break, the only things being "pushed up" around here are their egos.

You are young and unfit then? Collapse in a heep of patheticness after 2 press ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Not a 1. And proud of it;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Hate planks, give me leg raises any day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Melania Frump

I had to google what a diamond push up's were, so I guess I just do your run of the mill push up.

But I'm tested by military physical training instructors. Those numbers wouldn't be amazing in the army, very good but not extraordinary.

I was only teasing. :p
    I couldnt do either :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

You are young and unfit then? Collapse in a heep of patheticness after 2 press ups.

I’m almost sixty and I would be above the average in terms of fitness. I’m not so desperately insecure that I need to brag about it, though.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    I’m almost sixty and I would be above the average in terms of fitness. I’m not so desperately insecure that I need to brag about it, though.

Whose bragging. Its a thread asking about how many push ups you can you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Push up or shut up.

Did you see who thanked this! :P

I can do about 30 ..then i need a lil nap. Cuz i used the force to give it my all!

Can manage 30+ before I collapse, but only with push-up bars and no time limit.

Are people who focus on bodybuilding/strength training not able to do as many as less heavily muscular athletes or is it still more about strength than endurance?
    If you are heavier then body weight exercises are going to be more challenging for you.

I am small..not much to lift :)

But i can't lift heavy weights ...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

A millionty-ten !!

Do I win ?

• Advertisement

D3V!L wrote: »
    A millionty-ten !!

Do I win ?
    ya ya!

Advertisement