Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many push-ups can you do?

Options
  • 23-01-2020 9:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Be honest. I'm not overweight by much, I get my 10,000 in every day and like hiking but rarely ever work out outside of that. This morning I thought I'd challenge myself to see how many push-ups I could do for the craic. I got to 50 and thought "Balls to this".

If you aren't sure, please make your way away from your desk and try to do as many as you can. I recommend in the fire escape.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I don’t do push ups, I push the world down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

The fire escape is for escaping fires, not exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

Omackeral wrote: »

Yeah but how many times can you do it?
    Woke Hogan wrote: »
    The fire escape is for escaping fires, not exercise.

Don't be daft, there's never a fire. But if you want, go out to the carpark. Mind you're not run down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

10,000? Pffft!

b6771e9ae237479801b41cebf076f7a1e2b2feee2bec98634393c96bed71474d.jpg

10,000? Pffft!

10,000 steps is hardly a lot considering my commute, large office building and pointless meetings, and lunch time walk. It's just over 5 miles in total.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Be honest. I'm not overweight by much, I get my 10,000 in every day and like hiking but rarely ever work out outside of that. This morning I thought I'd challenge myself to see how many push-ups I could do for the craic. I got to 50 and thought "Balls to this".

If you aren't sure, please make your way away from your desk and try to do as many as you can. I recommend in the fire escape.

Do 50 press ups without building up to it. I can imagine the sloppy state of form in accomplishing that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Cock push-ups??

One

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cock push ups?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

101 with good form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Counting steps is for middle-aged women in those runners with the weird soles that clench their arse-cheeks up (MTBs?).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

50 push-ups without doing any working out is pretty phenomenal.

Do 50 press ups without building up to it. I can imagine the sloppy state of form in accomplishing that
    elefant wrote: »

Maybe the last few might have went to a video ref, and I did not look like my usual Adonis self after the endevour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

4 on a good day...2 any other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I do 100 sit ups 3 days lately
    6 sets of 15 and 1 ten with a minute break inbetween reps
    120 knee ups in 3 sets of 40 reps on the other days
    Both take only about 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Cock push ups?

https://youtu.be/MSxJoPJFxOg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

10k pushups?

my arse!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Hundreds I reckon. Not all on the same day though.

10k pushups?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

This is proper push up form if, you are not going all the way down and locking out at the top you are not doing pushups. If you can do 50 strict form pushups with out any training then fair play.

This is proper push up form if, you are not going all the way down and locking out at the top you are not doing pushups. If you can do 50 strict form pushups with out any training then fair play.

Exactly, there are push ups and there are "push-ups".

The correct answer is, while counting aloud...

pretty girl comes in the room.

• Advertisement

I know what a proper one is, when I was a teenager I was properly fit and well, then I discovered pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

10 proper ones followed by maybe 20 or so fake, not really push ups before collapsing in a heap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Ah yeah the pushup. Aka the toe-crunch, no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Omackeral wrote: »

Hi Chuck Norris

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Its a while since Ive actually counted but I used to be able to do about 70-80. Now I just mix it up with dips and bench press.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I can easily do 100 - 150 .........if you give me enough time.... couple of weeks maybe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

elefant wrote: »

The whole thread is a humblebrag.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Depends, usually it is 3 sets of 10 normal and then sometimes along with that it is 3 sets of wide push ups. So that would be 60, but I need that break in between...no way would it be 60 in one go.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

I used to be fond of the decline pushup meself. Start about level with your arms locked and your feet up on a chair, bench or stool. Bend at the elbows and lower your body until you almost touch the ground with your face. Then lift your body back up and lock the arms again to complete.
    I used to ask randos to think of a number between 20 and 40 and I'd do what ever number they said. I'd all but stopped working out from about last summer until the start of this year so I'd be really struggling to get 20. For now. Won't be long before I can get close to 40 again. Check back with me in March eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Advertisement