Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Blogging chat on Reddit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Alberto Purring Pasta

Sort by newest instead of best

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Folks can you stop asking me to add you the private reddit group if you have no history posting on the blogging thread here!

It's literally wasting your time and mine because I once I see you haven't contributed to the blogging threads I just delete the message. Those on reddit that have no posting history on reddit aren't getting access and it's the same over here. In the interest of fairness it's the same rule across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

wendydoll wrote: »
    Folks can you stop asking me to add you the private reddit group if you have no history posting on the blogging thread here!

It's literally wasting your time and mine because I once I see you haven't contributed to the blogging threads I just delete the message. Those on reddit that have no posting history on reddit aren't getting access and it's the same over here. In the interest of fairness it's the same rule across the board.

That's actually mad, people are going to fierce lengths :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    That's actually mad, people are going to fierce lengths :confused:

If I see someone else tells me they are a long time lurker I'm going to flip :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

I'm not a lurker I promise :p I'm feeling very alone here :( I don't have a Reddit account either. I looked at the main page and ran it scared me off :eek: If I set up an account in my username from here Wendy can I ask you to add me in please? I think it will take me some time to get used to it but there is ziltch happening here lately and I miss it.

Lougarden wrote: »
    I'm not a lurker I promise :p I'm feeling very alone here :( I don't have a Reddit account either. I looked at the main page and ran it scared me off :eek: If I set up an account in my username from here Wendy can I ask you to add me in please? I think it will take me some time to get used to it but there is ziltch happening here lately and I miss it.

You'll get the hang of it in no time, we all know you aren't a lurker. Set up your account and PM Wendy your username! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Lougarden wrote: »

Reddit is grand, once you get used to it. I used to be the same but I enjoy it now. There's loads of interesting subs on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Lougarden

Thanks so much, I'm so used to it here for navigating but if everyone else can manage I'll get there. I've been missing you all strangely :P I haven't been able to see CBB yet too which is my other love so feeling very sad for myself and can't go there for fear of spoilers which is hell. I have a binge catch up with a few days off ahead of me, so happy. I set up under my name and have sent a message to Wendy so hopefully see you all there soon.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I've joined the discussion on reddit but man its all over the place! And it wont let me log in on the app and its blocked in work! God dammit

Which are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

fg1406 wrote: »
    I now ill probably get a slap on the wrist for this but since the other thread was closed down under threat of legal action, maybe we could take our discussion to another forum where we can discuss such issues freely. One beginning with R and ending with T where we could set up our own Irish Blogger sub? The Irish media might pick up on it more too since a main Irish paper nicks half their online content from that site anyway.

I have not been online for a day or three with flu, so i have not seen the link to Reddit, nor gone to reddit, but i just saw the OP and as i scroll through, it seems private (I have not request to be added - yet :D ), but it is my understanding that if it is private, then it is less likely that the Irish Media (or any media) will pick up on it.

Suckit wrote: »
    I have not been online for a day or three with flu, so i have not seen the link to Reddit, nor gone to reddit, but i just saw the OP and as i scroll through, it seems private (I have not request to be added - yet :D ), but it is my understanding that if it is private, then it is less likely that the Irish Media (or any media) will pick up on it.

It was moved to private in the last few days because it was constantly being attacked by trolls.
    It's already been picked up by the media after what happened over the weekend.
    You'll see a few posts above that only posters who are active in the social media forums will be added :)

I’m active on blogging forums but haven’t been added yet. I’m missing Reddit had only joined of recent times so only have one post on the closed thread yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

It was moved to private in the last few days because it was constantly being attacked by trolls.
    It's already been picked up by the media after what happened over the weekend.
    You'll see a few posts above that only posters who are active in the social media forums will be added :)

Does this apply too all fora I has asked to join the reddit as I had been active there but not here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭wyrn

The original Reddit thread is still active.

NewMrs2b wrote: »
    Does this apply too all fora I has asked to join the reddit as I had been active there but not here!

The original thread is still active and can be used, I was just explaining to that poster why some people were using a private subreddit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

Hi all,

I Pm'd Wendydoll here and I joined Reddit with the same name. How do I even find the chat?

I can't believe how dead this chat has become. I feel like someone playing the violin on the sinking titanic! Someone hand me a door I can climb aboard on Reddit! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Alberto Purring Pasta

reddits great, you're allowed have your own opinion, discussion isn't edited or controlled by bloggers and it's not an echo chamber :)

• Advertisement

Emmser wrote: »
    Hi all,

I Pm'd Wendydoll here and I joined Reddit with the same name. How do I know if I'm added to the MUF chat? How do I even find the chat?

I can't believe how dead this chat has become. I feel like someone playing the violin on the sinking titanic! Someone hand me a door I can climb aboard on Reddit! :)

Drop Wendy a PM over on Reddit and she’ll approve you as soon as she can. Or else post on the public page, and I’ll tag Wendy and the other mod underneath.

It’s honestly so fab over there, so many like minded people. Loads have moved over from Boards the last few days and they seem to be getting on really well. Looking forward to seeing you over there x

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Drop Wendy a PM over on Reddit and she’ll approve you as soon as she can. Or else post on the public page, and I’ll tag Wendy and the other mod underneath.

It’s honestly so fab over there, so many like minded people. Loads have moved over from Boards the last few days and they seem to be getting on really well. Looking forward to seeing you over there x

Aw thank you so much. Just posted! Hope I've done it correctly. Eeek, the excitement! X

Hi all,

I Pm'd Wendydoll here and I joined Reddit with the same name. How do I know if I'm added to the MUF chat? How do I even find the chat?

There's the original thread which is public in a general forum.
    There's a MUF and other threads are in a private forum called ibloggerchat. So if you can get into ibloggerchat, you'll see the MUF thread and all the rest of the different threads.

Hi all,

I Pm'd Wendydoll here and I joined Reddit with the same name. How do I even find the chat?

Hi Emmser did you hear back yet? I’m waiting and not sure how I can see if wendydoll received my PM? With all the MUF stuff today I’m dying to get back to Reddit! I was only getting hooked on it when it went private so typical!

Hi Emmser did you hear back yet? I’m waiting and not sure how I can see if wendydoll received my PM? With all the MUF stuff today I’m dying to get back to Reddit! I was only getting hooked on it when it went private so typical!

You can still use the main thread linked above!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

Am on reddit most days, can someone pm the link please.

lanomist wrote: »
    Am on reddit most days, can someone pm the link please.

It's linked in wryns post above.

Public Blogger chat on Reddit is here. If you've been chatting in the main one previously, then you can apply for the private group iBloggerChat. It had to be made private after a flood of trolls.

• Advertisement

wyrn wrote: »
    Public Blogger chat on Reddit is here. If you've been chatting in the main one previously, then you can apply for the private group iBloggerChat. It had to be made private after a flood of trolls.

I can't do that!!

Advertisement