Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-11-2017, 10:37   #316
illdoit2morrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by emy View Post
According to their website it does require a cartridge filter, but even with that one attached I would not trust it. It can be used, there is no harm in it, better than nothing. Personally I have filter system installed under the sink and use it for domestic purpose, also fill the water tank when needs.
I fixed lots off coffees machines equipped with water systems, but none of them could stop 100% the limescale. The coffee boiler and steam boiler always are the victim of it.
To keep the machine clean, use that cartridge filter provided, descale the machine regularly, I use second stage of water filter (now my water system needs service, I ll do it myself), instead, I use water from Brita water filter.
One more thing is to remove the brewing unit, clean it up and use silicone grease for brewing sealing and around the piston area, each fortnight. If all these are not working call me
This is the cartridge filter:
https://www.4delonghi.co.uk/magnific...del_ref=566716
Hi Emy,

Interesting post about machine maintenance. I use a brita jug to filter the water i put in my machine and descale it when the descale light comes on the machine. I also use the silicone grease as in this video.

What do you mean by lubricating the piston area? Is there a youtube video showing what to do?

TIA
Advertisement
29-11-2017, 11:48   #317
emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdoit2morrow View Post
Hi Emy,

Interesting post about machine maintenance. I use a brita jug to filter the water i put in my machine and descale it when the descale light comes on the machine. I also use the silicone grease as in this video.

What do you mean by lubricating the piston area? Is there a youtube video showing what to do?

TIA
Well, "brewing sealing and around the piston area", remove the O-ring clean it up, get a screwdriver and remove the sieve and clean it inside of it, put the sieve against the light and see if all the holes are cleaned of stuck waste coffee, if not get a needle and clean them out. Any movement parts inside the brewing unit (most are plastic), put a bit of silicon to have nice movement up and down. When all the parts are nice and clean, put them back together and grease the O-ring around it.
The most important thing for an automatic machine is the brewing unit, if is not cleaned ant greased it will:
- put to much pressure to the group gear motor and it will be jammed or burn (in time).
- noise will be louder
- the temp. of the moving parts it will increase, beside the sound it could brake some of them (I have seen a few times)
These are only a few things which could occur as a result of poor maintenance of the brewing unit..
(2) thanks from:
29-11-2017, 23:22   #318
supue

That's a new one for me - I have never done anything to grease that in over a year of daily usage. Any suggestions of where I could pick up that food safe grease around Dublin?
30-11-2017, 09:25   #319

Nespresso machine for sale

I plumped for the Melitta cafe Solo - warehouse deal after discount £145. Arrived yesterday - now wonder why I didn't go bean to cup years ago.

If you see the Melitta machines on offer, they are superb and unbelievably easy to clean / maintain.
Thanks from:
30-11-2017, 10:46   #320
Jo Satan

I contacted Amazon this morning, they said that they were 'upgrading' my delivery method and
that I should expect delivery between the 5th and 7th of December
Advertisement
30-11-2017, 12:15   #321
ryant1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Satan View Post
I contacted Amazon this morning, they said that they were 'upgrading' my delivery method and
Hey Jo, when did you place your order ?
30-11-2017, 12:20   #322
Niveus Tauri

Quote:
They upgraded mine good few days ago , order placed on 23rd early morning . No movement yet , no eta , no dispatch .
As an apology they gave me one more month free prime membership. but i dont need prime membership , i need my coffee machine

Does your order shows estimated delivery time on order details page ?
30-11-2017, 12:24   #323
givecredit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niveus Tauri View Post
They upgraded mine good few days ago , order placed on 23rd early morning . No movement yet , no eta , no dispatch .
As an apology they gave me one more month free prime membership. but i dont need prime membership , i need my coffee machine

I ordered mine on 23rd from their warehouse. It was delivered today. Looking forward to my coffee....Not bad for €170.00
30-11-2017, 12:44   #324
Niveus Tauri

Quote:
Originally Posted by givecredit View Post
I ordered mine on 23rd from their warehouse. It was delivered today. Looking forward to my coffee....Not bad for €170.00
The warehouse items coming from different fulfillment center according to their customer care .
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-11-2017, 18:36   #325
Jo Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryant1981 View Post
Hey Jo, when did you place your order ?
I ordered on the 23rd Nov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niveus Tauri View Post
No update on my order details page.
When you were told of an upgrade did you get a firm date?
30-11-2017, 18:57   #326
emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by supue View Post
That's a new one for me - I have never done anything to grease that in over a year of daily usage. Any suggestions of where I could pick up that food safe grease around Dublin?
Amazon has lots of these. I do not know where you can get here in Dublin, though the one I got, I bought it from somewhere in Dublin but i can not remember.
30-11-2017, 20:22   #327
mad m

Quote:
Originally Posted by givecredit View Post
Don’t forget to register your machine below for 3 bags of coffee and a descaler kit

http://delonghioffers.com/coffee/

http://www.debenhams.ie/wcsstore/Deb...17_ECAM350.pdf
(2) thanks from:
30-11-2017, 21:48   #328
Esse85

Delivery date pending on mine too.

Ordered the 23rd.
01-12-2017, 09:21   #329
Niveus Tauri

Quote:
I ordered on the 23rd Nov

No update on my order details page.
When you were told of an upgrade did you get a firm date?
No firm date given, still same issue, will contact them in the afternoon to see what's the story now
01-12-2017, 13:02   #330
devil-80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad m View Post
Don’t forget to register your machine below for 3 bags of coffee and a descaler kit

http://delonghioffers.com/coffee/

http://www.debenhams.ie/wcsstore/Deb...17_ECAM350.pdf
Hi,
On that website says onli for UK residents http://delonghioffers.com/coffee/
how did you manage to get it posted to IE?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion