Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

US influencer, Caroline Calloway - how not to do it

• 17-01-2019 4:56pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I don't know either the "influencer" or the journalist here but this Twitter thread is epic. The "influencer" is an American girl called Caroline Calloway who tried to set up some workshops for her fans to spend some time with her, learn from her and generally be in her company (from what I can make out). Kayleigh Donaldson is the journalist who was already following her and tweeted step by step as the whole thing blew up.

Tl;dr: influencer tries to organise nationwide tour of events, charges $165 for tickets, doesn't book venues, doesn't organise anything, has one event, cancels the tour.

Kayleigh is still tweeting updates to this so read to the very end.

https://twitter.com/Ceilidhann/status/1083789717362089985

Article here if you'd rather read it in long form.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the influencer, she is obviously young, completely clueless and has no one with a bit of sense in her life to tell her to STOP. On the other hand, she is doing all of this out of what i can only assume is greed and/or laziness - the idea of 'easy money'.

Comments

Advertisement