Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

facebook

• 10-11-2018 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me how to hide my complete facebook account so that if im not friends with someone and they search for me they cant find me.

is this even possible?

i have my instgram as a private account so only friends can see my posts can that be done for facebook?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

Block them. It's the only way you won't show up when they search

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Block them. It's the only way you won't show up when they search

its not one person just want my facebook more private

It's not possible to remove your profile from the general search. Are your posts set to public or friends only?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

It's not possible to remove your profile from the general search. Are your posts set to public or friends only?

It is, I have it set so that only people with mutual friends can search and add me.

There are tonnes of privacy settings available if you look

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

AFAIK, your name and such is always findable via search engines. Your content can be hidden, but not your profile as such.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Probably easiest to change your name, tbh. I use a different last name and have extra letters in my first name. Makes it pretty hard for anyone to find me.

Go to your Privacy settings on Facebook and theres a section 'How people find and contact you', you can adjust a lot of general settings therento restrict who can see your profile.

GingerLily wrote: »
    It is, I have it set so that only people with mutual friends can search and add me.

Not anymore. Anyone can now search for anyone, you can restrict who can message or add you but your profile can always be searched.

Not anymore. Anyone can now search for anyone, you can restrict who can message or add you but your profile can always be searched.

Must have changed in the last two weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

yes i have
    Faith wrote: »
    Probably easiest to change your name, tbh. I use a different last name and have extra letters in my first name. Makes it pretty hard for anyone to find me.

good idea never thought of that
    Go to your Privacy settings on Facebook and theres a section 'How people find and contact you', you can adjust a lot of general settings therento restrict who can see your profile.

that option use to be there but i cant find it now

seems alot of settings have changed recently. you use to be able to view your page as someone who isnt a friend but that option says its unavailable now

• Advertisement

tommyboy26 wrote: »

that option use to be there but i cant find it now

seems alot of settings have changed recently. you use to be able to view your page as someone who isnt a friend but that option says its unavailable now

I still have the option so it's probably about whatever version you have.

That's a shame, I really liked those privacy features

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Faith wrote: »

I used a fake name from the start and facebook changed it to my real name. It also got my DOB and other details. I have no idea from where. I don't use my real detail or name online. I assume its grabbing data from other apps and other people's phone. I have to keep hiding and changing my details. I don't use the face book app only the website. I've pretty much disabled most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭GavMan

tommyboy26 wrote: »

That feature led to a bug which allowed for the session authorisation token to be found and used. Effectively meaning a malicious actor would have authenticated access to your account.

As such, it was disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Ducky00

GavMan wrote: »
    That feature led to a bug which allowed for the session authorisation token to be found and used. Effectively meaning a malicious actor would have authenticated access to your account.

As such, it was disabled

Can two people block each other at the same time? Or will person A have to have unblocked person B at some stage for person B to be able to block person A?

Like two people can block each other on Instagram if person A didn't refresh the page before they reblocked person B and in that space of time person B managed to block person A. Neither can then unblock the other. (I know this works on Instagram because I have blocked someone in this manner)

Can the same thing happen on Facebook if person A didn't refresh the page on their laptop or phone?

Advertisement