Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Who do you look up to?

• 22-05-2019 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

There's a lot of bloggers and influencers listed in the negative thread on this forum. On the flip side, who do you look up to?

I'm interested in hearing about bloggers and influencers who are positive role models, leaders in ethics, encouragement for others, etc.

Are there any who you would be ok with your daughters or your nephews following on Instagram/YouTube/Snapchat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,193 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Not one.

'Influencers' are the heralds of the end of society and culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

endacl wrote: »
    Not one.

'Influencers' are the heralds of the end of society and culture.

Is this the case for anyone else? Are there literally no influencers worthy of respect and admiration?

Trojan wrote: »
    Is this the case for anyone else? Are there literally no influencers worthy of respect and admiration?
    No.

Mental chewing gum for the cerebrally toothless.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,020 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Tall people.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,167 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Why look up to anyone who is just a self serving parasite on vulnerable individuals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

fritzelly wrote: »
    Why look up to anyone who is just a self serving parasite on vulnerable individuals

Personally, I don't look up to self serving parasites on vulnerable individuals.

What I want to know is if there are any "influencers" who folks consider not to be self serving parasites on vulnerable individuals.

Trojan wrote: »
    Personally, I don't look up to self serving parasites on vulnerable individuals.

What I want to know is if there are any "influencers" who folks consider not to be self serving parasites on vulnerable individuals.
    If they weren't self serving parasites they'd be doing something useful with their lives.

• Site Banned Posts: 18 soenow what

endacl wrote: »
    Mental chewing gum for the cerebrally toothless.

no thanks, Ted

• Site Banned Posts: 18 soenow what

what do these 'influencers' do, exactly? who are they?

i'm not subscribed to any youtube channels, but i do watch a few 'pop science' or educational ones, just watched this, about what makes a youtube vid go 'viral' {spoiler: its over 20 mins long, so that the average view time will be something over 10 minutes, which helps it gain a spot in the suggested videos tab}

• Dave Lee on YouTube. Does'nt swear or curse on most video, no ranting. Will admit to making errors of judgement too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

For anyone into travel - ‘look up to’ is the wrong term, but ungracefulguide on Instagram are fantastic. A genuinely lovely Irish couple with a real passion for travel and learning. They don’t just go to a gym in Asia with other ‘influencers’ and call it travel. Lovely reminders of past journeys and inspiration and info for trips in the future.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

“Look up to” is definitely too strong a description and she’s not an influencer in the usual sense but Laura De Barra is gas, so informative and just a pleasure to follow.

I’ve scrubbed every other blogger bar James Kavanagh from insta and even he’s beginning to wear a bit thin on me lately. Laura is class though.

Advertisement