Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deirdre O'Kane to host new show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Pat short reminded me of the drunk old lad standing at the bottom of the bar who you can't get away from when he's telling stories and laughing at them himself all while spitting into your face

and she's just awful , and calling Ryan Tubridy the irish Graham Norton..........my god !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Just be thankful it ain’t Ray D’Arcy :)

He's gone back to his childhood hasn't he, if he ever left it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

kravmaga wrote: »
    Cant stand her voice, grates on me, see wouldn't be my cuppa tea.

Never knew of her until I seen the promo but one thing that did stand out is her accent. It is grating I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

AllForIt wrote: »
    He's gone back to his childhood hasn't he, if he ever left it in the first place.

Yep flying around in a superman suit and tights, the cut of him with the old head on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

Watched that new show for about 2 minutes last night, just couldn’t take anymore of it. I dunno her voice is grating, and comes across sarcastic to me. Besides, pat short, sick of looking at him too.
    I predict this to be a one series show.....RTE just can’t seem to get it right at all, they’re completely off the mark with their offerings for Saturday nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭CoBo55

How anyone could even dream of watching it after seeing the never ending promo is beyond me..

CoBo55 wrote: »
    How anyone could even dream of watching it after seeing the never ending promo is beyond me..

I even failed to watch the complete promo, RTE at their best as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

" Deirdre O' Kane talks funny".... She sure does.

DNA on BBC4 a million times better than Dee in her high heels...

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Karlos77 wrote: »
    Her face is weird looking..has she got suregery ?she is a crap presenter

Does she have botox?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Fuzzyduzzy

I call it the Sarah Millican Effect, when you say something in a silly voice to create the illusion of comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I'm intrigued by the hostility on show here. DO'K has had the same style and voice for as long as I remember and she hasn't done badly with it. What did people expect her to sound like?

I thought she did OK for the first time as interviewer/host. She wasn't trying to be funny - her job was to let the guest do the talking - which he did. She might loosen up a bit as she gets into it.

It's just a Saturday night chat show lads. If it causes you such offence or outrage you can always switch it off.

First Up wrote: »
    I'm intrigued by the hostility on show here. DO'K has had the same style and voice for as long as I remember and she hasn't done badly with it. What did people expect her to sound like?

I thought she did OK for the first time as interviewer/host. She wasn't trying to be funny - her job was to let the guest do the talking - which he did. She might loosen up a bit as she gets into it.

It's just a Saturday night chat show lads. If it causes you such offence or outrage you can always switch it off.

No problem, I never watched it in the first place:pac::pac:

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does she have botox?
    Probably the reason she can't smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Pat short reminded me of the drunk old lad standing at the bottom of the bar who you can't get away from when he's telling stories and laughing at them himself all while spitting into your face

and she's just awful , and calling Ryan Tubridy the irish Graham Norton..........my god !

Just goes to show he has obviously never watched The Late Late Show lately as Tubridy is anything but the Graham Norton of Irish T.V.
    Graham actually knows how to have fun and entertain people on a Friday night. Tubridy would not know it if it was standing right in front of him

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,734 ✭✭✭saabsaab

But Tubs is the Graham Norton of RTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I was never a fan of Pat Shortt although I enjoyed his character in Fr. Ted

but I think Deirdre Kane is sound and Shortt didn't really lend himself to

the interview! I think he thought he was acting out a role rather than sitting

as a guest on a tv show! I think Kane would have preferred a little more humility

from Shortt but alas! I turned it off but I'll give it another go next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

I would have previously said I didn't like her but I did see her at the Cat Laughs and she was very good.
    Had clearly been doing it a long time and was very polished....
    Unlike someone like Alison Spittle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Comedy is a hard old station.

DO'K has paid her dues.

She's successful in a bearpit of a gig.

If you don't like her schtick that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

elperello wrote: »
    Comedy is a hard old station.

DO'K has paid her dues.

She's successful in a bearpit of a gig.

If you don't like her schtick that's ok.

Give off. She’d do anything for a few bucks. Did you see her when she was presenting the 6 o’clock show on tv3?? She was absolutely awful. There was times the male co presenter was squirming in his seat at how bad she was. Majella O’Donnell was even worse than her tho.
    Another poster put it better than I can explain. She is better on tv than me or you, but we know we would be crap and would not do it. She still does even tho she is woeful.
    The comedy gigs are a lot easier than tv host, all her jokes are pre-rehearsed. She is crap at on the spot as she isn’t naturally funny.

• Advertisement

Give off. She’d do anything for a few bucks. Did you see her when she was presenting the 6 o’clock show on tv3?? She was absolutely awful. There was times the male co presenter was squirming in his seat at how bad she was. Majella O’Donnell was even worse than her tho.
    Another poster put it better than I can explain. She is better on tv than me or you, but we know we would be crap and would not do it. She still does even tho she is woeful.
    The comedy gigs are a lot easier than tv host, all her jokes are pre-rehearsed. She is crap at on the spot as she isn’t naturally funny.

Like I said if you don't like her that's ok.

I do.

Like I said if you don't like her that's ok.

I do.

You must be her husband. Good luck and God Speed!!

You must be her husband. Good luck and God Speed!!

Very funny.

Did you ever consider a career in comedy yourself? :)

Very funny.

Did you ever consider a career in comedy yourself? :)

Haha. I would be worse than Deirdre!!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Just watching it now poor deirde out of her depth just like the comic relief night hopefully just a 1 off

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

The war paint plastered and scuttered no hide for age. It was a tough watch, I hope my taxes aren’t funding this diarrhoea.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,386 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Whatever about liking the show, the personal attacks on Deirdre's appearance is really not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

murpho999 wrote: »
    Whatever about liking the show, the personal attacks on Deirdre's appearance is really not right.

Thats what she gets for botox injections

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

It's depressing that we have to fund this rubbish. RTE have a soft spot for a few of these no hopers. DOK, Amy Huberman, Nathan Carter, etc. Not entertaining, not talented, not good enough to make it somewhere big. Really low grade offering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Just watching it now poor deirde out of her depth just like the comic relief night hopefully just a 1 off

Jeez remember that sh!tshow!!??

Advertisement