Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The night is darkest just before dawn

Options
  • 07-05-2019 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Ok have signed up for the standard distance tri in Blessington on 30th June. Bearing in mind if the training all goes pear shaped ill drop down to the sprint as my longest swim non stop is 600m and that's in a nice pool!!!
    Training for this week is:

Mon: Strength training (forgot pool gear so made do with weights).

Tue: Morn: swim 600m/400m then 500m with life buoy. Eve: stationary bike zone 2 for 1 hour

Wed: Morn: swim drills. 200m x 4 100m × 4 50m x 6. Then 20m on treadmill
    Eve: 30m run zone 2 and 30m spin bike

Thurs: Morn : swim Drills same as yesterday then strength training
    Eve: 4k run and firework

Fri: Morn Swim 700m non stop then 400m x 2 then treadmill for 20m
    Eve: spin bike 1hr zone 2 with intervals to zone 4

Sat: Cycle 50km
    Sun: 7km Run

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I did that race last year. Beautiful swim location. The bike is lumpy but nothing crazy. The run is damn hilly. Great race. Lovely spread of food after also.

Good luck with the training for it.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭tony stark

Trouble with the bike this week so I didn't get out . Dropping it in for a service tomorrow.
    Only ran 5km today as I was so dehydrated after a take away last night. Taking the eye off the diet at the weekend makes a mess of training.
    Rest of the week was fantastic. Swam 1km non stop for the 1st time so absolutely delighted with that achievement esp considering I could only swim 400m the previous week. Slowed everything down and wasnt even gasping after. It took 32minutes but still delighted.

Mon- morn swim and weights
    Tue- morn swim and treadmill Eve 30min spin bike
    Wed- morn swim and weights Eve- 1 1/2 hour bike
    Thu- swim and weights Eve run 30min
    Fri- morn swim and treadmill Eve spin bike
    Sat- 7km run
    Sun- 2 1/2 hour cycle

MON-swim 45m/treadmill 5km Eve Stationary bike 30min

TUE- swim 45min(sprints in 100m)/ treadmill 5km Eve stationary bike 30min

WED- Weights swim 45min (500m/200m x 3)
    Eve- Bike- 2hr

THU- Swim 45min/ treadmill

FRI- Swim 1.5km

SAT- Run 9km

Sun- 2 1/2 hr bike

Just realised I'll be out of action for the 1st 2 and a half weeks in July with a minor operation. So that means 13 weeks to 70.3 in Dun Laoghaire. But weeks 6, 7 and half of 8 will be no training. Should I drop out or is it possible to continue on with these missing weeks of training? It's my 1st 70.3

• Advertisement

Mon- 30min swim/ 5km treadmill/ 2hr cycle
    Tue- 40min pool/ weights / 5km run
    Wed- 45 min pool/ 5km treadmill / 1 hour hill cycle
    Thu- 2km swim/ 5km run
    Friday- 5Km OW swim. 20min
    Saturday- 11km run
    Sunday- 30km bike

Ok. Got most training day is in this week. Especially happy I completed two 30km cycle and a long run of 12 km. All at a snail's pace but happy to get the distance under the belt.
    This week its time for some bike to run brick sessions. Something I've neglected. I've done swim to run but that's not the order is it!! Need to also work on core everyday.
    Ok rest day tomorrow. Then.....
    Mon- Swim 45min. Indoor Bike45min/treadmill 30 brick
    Tue- Weights/ Spin bike 30min/6km run
    Wed- Swim ow 1hour /Brick- Bike 1 1/2 hour then 30min run
    Thu- Swim 1hour/ treadmill 30min
    Fri- Swim 1800/ treadmill 30min Eve Spin 30min bike/15min run
    Sat- Run 12 km/ Light Ow swim
    Sun- Bike 40km- lots of hill work

Got feck all training done last week. A little sprint Tri in the gym on my own to get a feel for it and a 10km run. Didn’t get out on the bike at all.
    So this week.......
    Mon- weights/exercise bike/run
    Tues-Swim- 45 min- speed/4km treadmill./ 20bike/20run
    Wednesday-Swim-45min slow pace/ weights/ 20min run fartlek
    Thurs- Swim 30min/Bike 20min/ 4km treadmill / 20min run
    Fri-Swim 2km
    Sat-10km
    Sun- 30km bike

Absolute disaster of a week training wise between work and stress etc, Got back into it this morning after missing a whole week of training. Ill just repeat last weeks timetable this week. Diet is a massive issue no so I need to get that sorted. Started caloire counting today and will keep that up.

Advertisement