Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark - Netflix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Finished my re-watch of Season 1 there the other night. So pumped for Season 2 next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Finished my re-watch of Season 1 there the other night. So pumped for Season 2 next week!

Two episodes left to watch tonight, absolute quality on rewatch, definitely pick up a lot nore but it's still mind-bending stuff.

And the soundtrack is stunning listening to it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Absolutely loving season 2 so far... feels like this show is just made for me. Its mind bending and odd,but I love it.

Its full of clever twists and sometimes, things seem so wide apart,but ultimately,just seem to fall in sync with the story.

Just love it !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

sugarman wrote: »
    Id definitely recommend watching Season 1 again, I hadn't a notion of what was going on in S02E01 just now despite the recap. I had to pause and read the complete Wiki episode guide of S01 to remember all the twists and even then I'll probably have forgotten something.

I'm going to rewatch 1 first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Id definitely recommend watching Season 1 again, I hadn't a notion of what was going on in S02E01 just now despite the recap. I had to pause and read the complete Wiki episode guide of S01 to remember all the twists and even then I'll probably have forgotten something.

Haha same with me but I think I have a grasp of it again by end of episode 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

I had watched season 1 twice already and I was thankful for the recap.

Its definitely a brain melt of a show :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Watched the trailer for season 2 and couldn't remember a thing so started season 1 again this morning. Had forgotten how good it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I'm on recap episode 4 now; reading summaries after I've watched episodes to make sure I've got my head screwed on properly afterwards.
    I didn't realise til I read wikipedia that Dark had been based on a web series. No wonder it got taken up. It would have given the writers a great opportunity to tweak stuff for the rewrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Watched the trailer for season 2 and couldn't remember a thing so started season 1 again this morning. Had forgotten how good it is.

It's one of the very best programmes I've watched. Must watch season 1 again

• Advertisement

Finished Season 2 in one sitting this evening, and all I'll say is... Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'm in a bit of a bind...I don't remember Season 1 well enough to have any idea what is going on, but I really am not in the mood for watching the whole first season again. I watched the Netflix recap and it did not help very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭postsnthing

Zillah wrote:
    I'm in a bit of a bind...I don't remember Season 1 well enough to have any idea what is going on, but I really am not in the mood for watching the whole first season again. I watched the Netflix recap and it did not help very much!

I'm exactly the same ! That recap has me more confused.

Zillah wrote: »

As someone once said "..every decision for something, is a decision against something else"
    (Hint- a character in Dark.)

Soundest advice would be to wait til you're in a better mood to rewatch season 1. Or you could just chance it. Your decision. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Well that was excellent. Such a hard show to write I'd imagine with all the different time zones and making sure things add up.
    multi verse next season just to add to the confusion :pac:

Unearthly wrote: »
    Well that was excellent. Such a hard show to write I'd imagine with all the different time zones and making sure things add up.

It's amazing how complex it is and it absolutely demands your attention. If they stick the landing with the final season next year, it could arguably be the greatest show of all-time (pun intended :D)

I don't want to say much about the season just yet, as it's so fresh and I need a chance to digest it more (or even re-watch), but just a note on one of the castings
    they did such a phenomenal job with the elderly Ulrich - I literally thought it was the 2019 Ulrich actor with prosthetic makeup because the eyes and the nose are so identical, but it is actually another actor entirely.

Just finished watching season 1 again. I have to lie down coz my head hurts.
    I had to have the wiki page open as I was watching the episodes; I found it really hard to remember who was who, especially when people were referring to others. That's not a criticism- it's just a measure if how insanely complicated this fantastic show is.

I've finished the online Darkology honours degree, and I'm sad to say I only got a 1.2. I'm not as clever as I thought.:p

Ok. I'm ready for season 2. I'll see ye on the other side- some time in the near future, or maybe the past....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Zillah wrote: »

I rewatched Season 1 a few months ago and still had to go back and read the ep-by-ep synopsis on Wikipedia before I started Season 2. Give that a read, try S2E1 and if you still haven't a rashers what's happening, go back and watch the last two or three episodes of S1 again.

Just finished watching season 1 again. I have to lie down coz my head hurts.
    I had to have the wiki page open as I was watching the episodes; I found it really hard to remember who was who, especially when people were referring to others. That's not a criticism- it's just a measure if how insanely complicated this fantastic show is.

I've finished the online Darkology honours degree, and I'm sad to say I only got a 1.2. I'm not as clever as I thought.:p

Ok. I'm ready for season 2. I'll see ye on the other side- some time in the near future, or maybe the past....

I rewatched most of season 1 whilst hungover yesterday, I think I'm going to have the read the wiki now too!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Really really good show very underrated.

Finished the second season last night and ya had the same problem as others trying to remember certain bits from the first season but a lot of it came to me as things progressed.

Its also well worth sticking with the subs i dunno how half the people online more then likely in America.... are watching it dubbed ffs!

Wont comment on what happened on season two and how it ended up but **** didn't see it coming that's all ill say :pac:

• Advertisement

Using some (crackle, crackle) discarded batteries, I've managed to fashion a miniature black hole, through which (crackle) I hope to have contacted ye from the other side - stop - definitely re-watch series 1 - stop - no spoilers, but intro music (crackle) same; GOODBYE, by Apparat. Haunting, with such appropriate and cool lines (crackle) as "for either never, or ever, goodbye". - stop - . I love this show- stop.

Half way through season 2 now, I'm a bit lost!
    Just after watching older Jonas talking to Charlotte in the bunker. Can anyone explain why he doesn't seem to know that he's Adam? Or maybe he does and he's not letting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Cordell

I was really disappointed by the ending...
    The carefully build the concept of unbreakable time loops that can only be broken by that elusive loophole, then poof, multiverse, the lazy concept for light and easy time travel shows.

Half way through season 2 now, I'm a bit lost!

I've just finished episode 6 and even with checking the wiki after each episode it's pretty safe to say I haven't a fcuking rasher's what's going on. But man, that episode hit me right in the feels.

Just finished it. Have rapidly lost interest, tbh.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Just finished it. Have rapidly lost interest, tbh.

Season 1 or season 2 finished?

Season 1 or season 2 finished?

Two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Just finished S2 also, thought it was incredible.
    Cordell wrote: »
    I was really disappointed by the ending...
    The carefully build the concept of unbreakable time loops that can only be broken by that elusive loophole, then poof, multiverse, the lazy concept for light and easy time travel shows.

Aaaah.... but we don't yet know if
    the appearance of multiverse Martha (if that's what she actually is) is also part of the loop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,753 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yeah, maybe, the did a pretty good job keeping the plot interesting and hole free, so maybe :) Is S3 confirmed?

• Advertisement

Cordell wrote: »
    Is S3 confirmed?
    It was confirmed same time as ssason 2:
    From wiki-
    "Netflix renewed Dark for a second season, which was released on 21 June 2019 to critical acclaim from critics.[8][9] The series was renewed for a third season which will serve as the final season of the series.[10]"

Advertisement