Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Richard Osman's House Of Games (BBC2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,772 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Well, thank the lord, normal service seems to have resumed on HoG!

A funny, competitive, lively bunch this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

House Of Games is making an appearance on BBC1 with a marginally increased budget and slightly better known contestants

https://twitter.com/BBCOne/status/1324764547211821057

What's that all about???

Lordy, how orange is Denise?? :eek:

How the fk can grown adults not know where the Golden Gate Bridge is????

Whatever about not being able to find it in a map.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭brian_t

Skid X wrote: »
    House Of Games is making an appearance on BBC1 with a marginally increased budget and slightly better known contestants

That's interesting. They are moving A Question of Sport to an hour earlier (7.30pm) to make way for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Two rounds that illustrate the level of teaching and learning in the UK are I'm Terrible At Dating and Where Is Kazakhstan. The sheer ignorance of places that are household names is amazing and depressing.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

Why would they?

I wouldn't be sure what city it was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

I always find it funny when the contestants are blown away by an answer, especially in answer smash. The Elon Musketeers answer tonight was really straightforward and they seemed to think it was really impressive!

I tend to prefer it when there's at least the illusion of competition too, with Angela winning by so much each day I haven't enjoyed it this week as much as usual.

The only interest now is will she be the first to get a "fifer" (yes) and by what margin.

I suspect she's been rather lucky in her opponents! And they are somewhat not bothered by now probably.

• Advertisement

Yeah, watching tonight's show now, and I'm rapidly losing interest - it's just a whitewash.

And none of them are particularly interesting characters.

Roll on next week!

This is the line up for next week, from the show's Wikipedia page:

Week 7 (23–27 November 2020): Rhys James, Denise Lewis, David James and Isy Suttie

I watch with my niece and she really fancies Rhys James, so is very excited :pac:

David James better hope for plenty of console game questions.

Second highest tally overall despite being the first five timer.

The BBC2 NI Continuity chap didn't trail tonight's premiere of the BBC1 House Of Games Series at the end of the BBC2 show, sloppy.

So is this the posh version with well upholstered arm chairs?

So is this the posh version with well upholstered arm chairs?

I hear talk of a House Band

I would like to be on record as the first person to say I prefer the original classic BBC2 full sugar version of House Of Games.

These big money transfers always lose something. :)

I wonder if anyone else has presented three quiz shows on BBC1 and BBC2 on the same evening before now?

I quite liked the live band playing little bits of songs. It reminded me of Name That Tune with Tom O'Connor.

Now where did I leave my Werthers Originals ? :)

Well, that was all a bit..... odd.

The trailer on Twitter showed them all japing around the place looking like they were in Taskmaster.

Apart from the band, that was just another episode of HoG - or am I missing something? :confused:

(Thankfully looking like it'll be a bit more entertaining than this week's series, mind you!)

• Advertisement

The spelling rounds are getting laughably easy these days - have they run out of properly difficult words or something??

Mind you, David James still managed to get pancreas wrong - like htf???

But how lovely to hear Denise Lewis pronouncing her H's properly! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

For anyone that the time doesnt suit when this is on or doesnt series link it , theres a youtube account called Mundo that has the episodes every day about an hour after they air. They have pointless too.

Where is Kazakhstan was a car crash today. Embarrassing, how the hell can anyone put the Sphinx in Botswana?

Where is Kazakhstan was a car crash today. Embarrassing, how the hell can anyone put the Sphinx in Botswana?

Still my favourite round of the whole show!

And at least they all knew the Sphinx was in Egypt, the last lot couldn't put the Golden Gate in California which was a far bigger clanger in my book!

True true! I swear if the question was which county is the Angel of the North they'd all put it in Scotland .

I laughed so hard at Isy saying she knew where it was, and was bracing myself for her to go to Morocco or Algeria or another north African country...and then she went pretty much as far south as she could :pac:

Someone this week has a VERY irritating laugh. I'm only 2 round in and it's annoying me intensely already.

Had to Google 3 of the 4 of them, hope Anton does well!!

I really hope they do Where is Kazakhstan, featuring N America :D

Terrible panel of non entities and Anton du Beck. Not going to watch the rest of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Terrible panel of non entities and Anton du Beck. Not going to watch the rest of the week.
    Yep, very poor lineup.

• Advertisement

Last week's series actually turned out alright in the end!

This week I'm taking a serious dislike to Jessica, whoever she is. She was really mean to Karim yesterday, and just has a sharp, sarky way about her.... not in the spirit of HoG at all!!

Love Judge Rinder!!! Although I think he's over-egging the fuddy-duddy pudding just a bit!

Advertisement