Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bosch - Amazon Studios

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,272 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Had they put season 3 on prime here I might have kept it (not the easiest series to get a good stream of) but they didn't even put season 2 on there at launch.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

Had they put season 3 on prime here I might have kept it (not the easiest series to get a good stream of) but they didn't even put season 2 on there at launch.

I have no idea what is going on with Amazon, but you can watch Bosch season 2 with an Irish Prime Video membership if you go to amazon.co.uk instead of primevideo.com.

Season 3 is going to be based on The Black Echo the debut novel and A Darkness More Than Night which should bring McCaleb & McEvoy into the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Looking forward to S3, one of my fave shows of the last few years!

I assume the books are good, I cold do with a good read!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

frag420 wrote: »
    I assume the books are good, I cold do with a good read!?

IMO they're top notch. He gets right into the politics, bureaucracy and interpersonal angles a lot, and I really enjoy that. A cop from San Francisco that I met once said that his books are still nowhere near 100% realistic, but they're the closest he's seen to a real-life depiction of the Homicide world.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

fricatus wrote: »
    IMO they're top notch. He gets right into the politics, bureaucracy and interpersonal angles a lot, and I really enjoy that. A cop from San Francisco that I met once said that his books are still nowhere near 100% realistic, but they're the closest he's seen to a real-life depiction of the Homicide world.

I'm a big fan as well. I found one in a hostel years ago and got hooked. I've read them all and he's developed the character really well in the books over the years.

I've enjoyed the two seasons on TV too.

fricatus wrote: »

Downloaded book1 to kindle yesterday, going to get started today!!

Thanks for the rec,

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Any early buzz about the new season?

• Advertisement

Looking forward to tearing into S3 this weekend...

Watched the first two episodes this morning off to a really strong start.

Watched the first two episodes this morning off to a really strong start.

will check this out. hopefully with the stronger source material (e.g. "the black echo") this series will be better. series 1 and 2 were decent-ish but both had weaknesses for sure. although series 2 was bolstered by the presence of the tasty cougar Jeri Ryan. season 1 had the annoying ginger cop love interest. the daughter and ex-wife stuff is mostly irrelevant filler also I find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Looks like I wasted my Amazon prime free trial thinking I could get season 3 of this in Ireland. Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Looks like I wasted my Amazon prime free trial thinking I could get season 3 of this in Ireland. Balls.

Dont know if its something to do with the free trial but its definitely available on the Irish version

have watched 4 episodes of this so far - even after less than half the way through I feel safe to say that it's the best series by far!
    one question - non-spoiler related- the film director guy (not the main story) - did that carry over from season 2 - I can't remember?

glasso wrote: »
    will check this out. hopefully with the stronger source material (e.g. "the black echo") this series will be better. series 1 and 2 were decent-ish but both had weaknesses for sure. although series 2 was bolstered by the presence of the tasty cougar Jeri Ryan. season 1 had the annoying ginger cop love interest. the daughter and ex-wife stuff is mostly irrelevant filler also I find.

The daughter /wife plot line may develop, it did in the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

have watched 4 episodes of this so far - even after less than half the way through I feel safe to say that it's the best series by far!
    one question - non-spoiler related- the film director guy (not the main story) - did that carry over from season 2 - I can't remember?

Watched first three eps last night and was wondering the same thing!

Loving it so far...Welliver is perfect for the role!

finished this- very good.
    great cast of characters - I just love any plot that has a menacing group of dangerously skilled guys with cool guns and knives as antagonists, couple with loads of stolen stuff from past-history military work. the other story I didn't like as much but it served a purpose. Also a bit heavy-handed just lobbing the over-arching long-time murder case back in to the frame towards the end of the run but overall by far the best of the 3 series so far. if you're new to this skip season 1 altogether as you may give up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I wish more TV shows were as good as Bosch, it's an amazing series. Season 3 was incredible.

Interesting how they updated the black echo story
    In the book it was Bosch who was a friend of meadows as fellow vets from the vietnam war.
    In the series Bosch is updated to a gulf war 1 vet, no connection to meadows who was in the post 9-11 Afghan and Iraq occupations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Four episodes in to S3 and really enjoying it. Have read all of the books to date so it's interesting to see them on screen. Brilliant show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭mikeoneilly

I'd give it an 8 ,fizzled.out a bit at the finish

Bosch has had a busy life

Son of a murdered prostitute ,care home ,special forces and homicide detective.Hes got a finger in every pie this season

Interesting how they updated the black echo story
    In the book it was Bosch who was a friend of meadows as fellow vets from the vietnam war.
    In the series Bosch is updated to a gulf war 1 vet, no connection to meadows who was in the post 9-11 Afghan and Iraq occupations.
    I'd give it an 8 ,fizzled.out a bit at the finish

Bosch has had a busy life

Son of a murdered prostitute ,care home ,special forces and homicide detective.Hes got a finger in every pie this season

They've had to condense the timeframe for TV. The first book was set in 1992 or thereabouts and Bosch was a Vietnam veteran. His mother had been killed in the early 60s. He was quite an experienced detective with a chequered history in the police force even in the first book. The back story was introduced gradually over a number of books. In the latest book he's in his mid 60s and retired from LAPD.

I think they've done a pretty good job overall and Welliver is a good choice to play Bosch.

They've had to condense the timeframe for TV. The first book was set in 1992 or thereabouts and Bosch was a Vietnam veteran. His mother had been killed in the early 60s. He was quite an experienced detective with a chequered history in the police force even in the first book. The back story was introduced gradually over a number of books. In the latest book he's in his mid 60s and retired from LAPD.

I think they've done a pretty good job overall and Welliver is a good choice to play Bosch.

they changed the timeframes as they wanted to set it in a current day timeframe - not to condense things per se. they just updated the dates.
    vietnam -> gulf war etc.
    1970's to 1990's

I agree with the other poster that they didn't fully maintain the momemtum but it was a very good effort overall.
    Again the second story about the film producer was a bit strained. The whole plot bit about Bosch being a suspect and going off-piste with the camera set-up was drawn out. him having the cameras in place was made such a big deal of by his partner - I didn't buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I thought that was a very ordinary season to be honest. The GI Joe ****e in the finale was weak, apparently a special forces commander can be overcome in about 10 seconds by a couple of digs and a choke hold.

Even going after him on the Island was ridiculous, all they had to do was wait for him to come back to the boat!

Season 4 starts April 13th and has been renewed for a 5th season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Please kill off the daughter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

last season was bit silly hope this one is better

Advertisement