Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

409 parkmore bus at 6.30am

Options
  • 13-03-2015 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I just want to know if any of you get the parkmore bus into the industrial estate at 6.30? It says online that it gets in at 7am. I'm wondering if this is the time factoring in all the stops or if it gets in earlier? I would start work at 7am, so it would be useful to have a 5-10 min buffer.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I haven't taken that bus in about a year but I used to get to work on time with it.. The only exception being Saturday morning where it would be slow to get to the square nine times out of ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

It does seem to make it across from Doughiska to town or vice versa in about 10-15 minutes at off peak times. noticed that in the evenings.
    At least when it turns up at all that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

puffin24 wrote: »
    I just want to know if any of you get the parkmore bus into the industrial estate at 6.30? It says online that it gets in at 7am. I'm wondering if this is the time factoring in all the stops or if it gets in earlier? I would start work at 7am, so it would be useful to have a 5-10 min buffer.

Which industrial estate?

It should get to the end of the line (outside Galway Technology Park) in about 15-25mins at that time of the morning. Might be worth doing a dry-run. But do keep €15 spare for a taxi for when the bus doesn't turn up!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

Traffic is mental in the mornings lately even before 7. I would say the bus would be doing well to get to the last stop before 7. Would be worth checking it out first. If traffic is very bad you could get out and walk. You would probably be quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Can anyone confirm the 409 takes an alternate route at 6.30? almost the 403 route?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mary90

Yep the bus goes up bohermore road, down towards monenageesha junction and turns left at those lights. It goes to the Boston Scientific Industrial estate first (I think Boston is there) and then goes to parkmore after that. I have taken it a few times when I try to get into work a little earlier and I am almost always clocking in around 6:55, at the latest!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Two new "151" Bus Eireann Double Decker Buses on the 409 route today - are there more thanthis?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I think there are three of 'em (at least). First spotted a couple of weeks ago.

Update: yup, first on the road 19 April

CC9U7PSUsAAVEtl.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭degzs

Does the 409 go to Boston Scientific at 6:30 am . I have seen it going up the Tuam road at 6:20 am but not sure if it goes towards Parkmore ? I need to be in Parkmore at 6:30 am for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

degzs wrote: »
    Does the 409 go to Boston Scientific at 6:30 am . I have seen it going up the Tuam road at 6:20 am but not sure if it goes towards Parkmore ? I need to be in Parkmore at 6:30 am for work.

The timetable says that the first bus from both Parkmore and Eyre Square is at 6:30am. For that to happen, there must be a bus that goes from the depot out to Parkmore, to be ready to leave from there at 6:30am. It's possible that this unofficially picks up passengers on the way out, and goes via Tuam Rd and Boston Scientific - but I wouldn't like to rely on it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement