Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Sardino

I have a tape that I need to transcribe but the stereo in my house won't play the thing. Is there anywhere ya can go that would have tape players and a quiet room to listen? Libraries hardly have this service?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I'm looking for fishing tackle shops in Galway...will be staying in Eyre Square, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

there is one in the Lisbaun industrial estate, just up from the Ford main dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

fussyonion wrote: »
    I'm looking for fishing tackle shops in Galway...will be staying in Eyre Square, thanks :)

Duffys mainguard st (end of shop st)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Thanks a million :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

would defo recommend corrib tackle up from the from the ford dealer in liosbsn. way better than duffys in the sense that they are more focused on fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 thelongback

I live in galway and have been on a quest to find scotch bonnet chillies as im big fan off homecooking and especially jerk chicken and i want to use scotch bonnets in my next cook as the chillies in supervalue/tesco just arent up to scratch.. anyone able to shine any light on the matter??

• Registered Users Posts: 22,746 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Food & Drink as the Galway locals will be better able to advise you.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

I live in galway and have been on a quest to find scotch bonnet chillies as im big fan off homecooking and especially jerk chicken and i want to use scotch bonnets in my next cook as the chillies in supervalue/tesco just arent up to scratch.. anyone able to shine any light on the matter??
    Pretty sure I've bought them in Tesco before. If you can't get fresh ones there, they might do dried ones in another section (ethnic foods or whatever).

Aldi also sell boxes of mixed chillies which you often get a scotch bonnet in

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm fairly sure the Mediterrian shop in Westside had them last time I was in there (ages ago). It's the shop in the industrial estate next to Tyre King across from McDonald's, you enter by Harvest off licence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭b.gud

Terryland fruit and veg def have them in stock
    biko wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure the Mediterrian shop in Westside had them last time I was in there (ages ago). It's the shop in the industrial estate next to Tyre King across from McDonald's, you enter by Harvest off licence.

Your making me nostalgic for when we had a good locally owned off licence in Galway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

biko wrote: »

Just to clarify, it's Fine Wines, not Harvest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

Aldi have trays of mixed chillies. Search through until you find one containing scotch bonnet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

My last pack of mixed chilis from Dunnes comtained 3 Scotch Bonnets.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

b.gud wrote: »
    Terryland fruit and veg def have them in stock

Absolutely get them here, they have trays of them normally

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

Would anyone know where I could get stone/pebbles for the garden that is reasonably priced? I have seen bags in woodies and b and q but I need a lot of it so if somewhere else sells them cheaper and by the bulk please let me know as I need a lot of it. Thanks very much.

GG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

GatsbyGal wrote: »
    Would anyone know where I could get stone/pebbles for the garden that is reasonably priced? I have seen bags in woodies and b and q but I need a lot of it so if somewhere else sells them cheaper and by the bulk please let me know as I need a lot of it. Thanks very much.

GG
    Galway stone in lebane will deliver bulk .. Most garden centres will too ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭The Strawman Argument

Anyone know where I could get an sd card (not sdhc) cheap? They seem like the kind of thing some pound shop might have. Don't think size matters at all.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Your making me nostalgic for when we had a good locally owned off licence in Galway :(

Lohans?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭b.gud

Zzippy wrote: »
    Lohans?

I used to go there a bit but for beer but I recently discovered that the Salthill off-licence beside fancy fare has a much better selection

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

GG

Ring a few local quarries and ask for a price for chips. If it's the nice rounded type you're looking for ask for pea gravel. If its just ordinary chips like the type used on roads they are 10mm or 14 mm chips. They may deliver but it depend on the amount you want.
    If you have a trsiler you might be able to collect.

Quarries usually deal in tonnes when ordering.
    1 tonne is approximately 0.5 cubic meters or 20 square meters when spread 1 inch thick.

Quarries should be a lot cheaper than garden centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Delicia

GG

We bought stone chips for the back garden in McGaughs out the Curraghline - very reasonable for what we needed (which was a lot!). Depends on what you want & how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Goofy

With this nice weather looking to stay for a few days I want to pick up a bbq to throw a few burgers on. I'm looking for a smallish round kettle type. Has anybody seen any good deals in any of the diy stores around town?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I used to go there a bit but for beer but I recently discovered that the Salthill off-licence beside fancy fare has a much better selection

McCambridges have a great range but they are pricier than the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

I hate McCambridges fridges. Every time I have to get anything from the bottom shelf I can't get myself up again. They close too early as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I hate McCambridges fridges. Every time I have to get anything from the bottom shelf I can't get myself up again. They close too early as well.

I dislike the fridges as they are set way too low for some of the stock in them, i dont want my porter/stout at 2degrees.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Anyone know if I can find an Ireland home Rugby jersey in town?. Nothing in either elvery outlets currently from what I was told by city centre one.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭holly8

Anyone know if I can find an Ireland home Rugby jersey in town?. Nothing in either elvery outlets currently from what I was told by city centre one.

I saw some in aldi headford road a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

holly8 wrote: »
    I saw some in aldi headford road a few weeks ago.

Aldi dont do real jerseys just cheap imitations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 thelongback

im looking for a place that sells tins of black beans in galway city?? does anyone know where i can get them, have got the ones you have to prepare out of the chinese shops but there just far too much effort..any help is appreciated

Advertisement