Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bookmakers Bitch/Moan/Groan thread - See mod warning Post 1!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭kenmccarthy

Had a right good afternoon on st Stephens day in ladbrokes-added winnings in my head to
    €422.50, handed in 9 slips to be handed €396.......so I asked her to check again...two seconfs later got€26.5 / no questions!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

I'd take a snap of any bets which win on my phone. Try to do it standing in the bookies at the counter.

I had the same issue and I produced the picture. They paid out immediately.

It's a staffing issue, not a comany one. They should be removed

<snip>

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

How bad is the Paddy Power live betting page? They must think everyone is on 50 mb connections and using a phone. Utterly unusable for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

How bad is the Paddy Power live betting page? They must think everyone is on 50 mb connections and using a phone. Utterly unusable for me.

wow thats weird...i just came on to say the same thing. ive never seen a worse change to a site in years. its impossible to navigate. and when you select a bet it delays further by asking to add it to the betslip.

its like they asked a toddler to make changes to the site. thank fck im limited to peanuts anyways so dont use it much anymore. just went on there to check it out after id backed munich earlier. it appears they have a new scoreboard with info etc..but at what cost. would nearly need a map to locate a specific market.

its got to now be the worst live betting site out there..i have the fastest broadband and pc so its not a problem on my part...every other site works perfect. they should just copy the bet365 because that live betting site would put them to shame.....even looking at the live betting now they have the wrong scores(not updated) and wrong markets etc team to score the 3rd when 3rd was scored 10mins ago...absolute mess of a site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭shmeee

ianburke wrote: »
    wow thats weird...i just came on to say the same thing. ive never seen a worse change to a site in years. its impossible to navigate. and when you select a bet it delays further by asking to add it to the betslip.

its like they asked a toddler to make changes to the site. thank fck im limited to peanuts anyways so dont use it much anymore. just went on there to check it out after id backed munich earlier. it appears they have a new scoreboard with info etc..but at what cost. would nearly need a map to locate a specific market.

its got to now be the worst live betting site out there..i have the fastest broadband and pc so its not a problem on my part...every other site works perfect. they should just copy the bet365 because that live betting site would put them to shame.....even looking at the live betting now they have the wrong scores(not updated) and wrong markets etc team to score the 3rd when 3rd was scored 10mins ago...absolute mess of a site

Jayus lads, was coming on to have a rant about the same thing.

Was trying to lay off a few quid tonight on the PP App in live betting on the Limerick v Waterford match, the app kept crashing, the roulette part kept opening for no reason, the score wouldn't update or the price's wouldn't change with the score.

Tried 3 times to place a bet and failed each time, I wasn't in the middle of the bog but connected to 100mb wireless broadband and still nothing.

****ing sick of it now, a few lads were saying it to me the past 2 weeks that the app is getting worse every day but I didn't notice as use bet365 mainly but powers for the live betting on GAA and so on mainly with the GAA season kicking in now.

Bet365 live betting section is how Powers should be. Never a problem and will load when your even in the middle of nowhere and running off poor coverage.

Paddy, you've got the fierce fancy "workwithpaddy" website, well use it to hire someone to sort the app out once and for all.

Right its good to know that people with power and speed are also suffering! :p

Seriously though its absolutely awful, from your reaction I take it the redesign is new - I've not been on live betting for weeks.

Seriously though its absolutely awful, from your reaction I take it the redesign is new - I've not been on live betting for weeks.

They seem to change it so often, every day a button or icon is moved, the desktop site is the worse I've seen in a long time.

You'd need a safe pass to place a live bet on it, stuff all over the shop and it makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Agree it is a bit sluggish, sometimes less is more (for visualisation of data). Prefer to bookmark the pre/non-live page (not always available) and add bets to betslip from that, it still picks up the price move but without all the fanfare and jumping around of live pages.

E.g. (specific) was looking for a golfer flying up on the leaderboard in one of the earlier rounds, there was no sign of him on the livebetting as round leader, only small range was available.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Ribena74

shmeee wrote: »
    Jayus lads, was coming on to have a rant about the same thing.

Was trying to lay off a few quid tonight on the PP App in live betting on the Limerick v Waterford match, the app kept crashing, the roulette part kept opening for no reason, the score wouldn't update or the price's wouldn't change with the score.

This happens me too, I'd click on a team to add to my slip and out of nowhere roulette starts loading up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭thesandeman

The Messenger keeps asking me to log in every time I go to it even though I select 'keep me logged in for 24 hours'. Really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Does anyone get a freebet of PP any more? I used to get about 25/50 every 2 months or so. Now its just bull**it like bet 5euro for five bets and get a crappy 5euro free bet the next day. No big freebets anymore. Just wondering before i email them.

Does anyone get a freebet of PP any more? I used to get about 25/50 every 2 months or so. Now its just bull**it like bet 5euro for five bets and get a crappy 5euro free bet the next day. No big freebets anymore. Just wondering before i email them.

I get none anymore either well besides the €1 games bet which is fairly insulting to be honest about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

any1 that still gets freebets and even best odds guaranteed, money back specials, enhanced specials surely arent up in these books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

It's a complete and utter shambles tonight. Nearly everything locked out at the same time. Bet on a tennis match which I was watching and following on the stream, suddenly it disappears after the first set and can't be found.

Cash outs are a complete joke. Time to call time on it and go back to Bet365 and Betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Are you seriously going to complain to them that they don't give you "big" free bets?

Pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Indeed, the livebetting issues aside, am happy enough to accept even just a couple of euro every couple of weeks or even every month or two, after all it's more than I get anywhere else (it's also free). Got a 'once-off' free 5 from both boyles&Lads, but that's it so far. Just restrictions elsewhere. Haven't experienced any issues with Cash-outs, and an advantage to have as an option, rather than any type of customer disadvantage.

All that talk of Monaco has left us feeling a bit horse.

Rightly so, because we’re coming into Cheltenham with two weekends of **generous** offers to keep you entertained.

This week you can win a £/€2 free bet for Cheltenham in our random free bet draw. Simply opt in and play now.

Each time you wager £/€10 you’ll earn 1 ticket for our random free bet draw. We’re drawing 100 tickets so 100 players will win a free bet, that's loads of chances to win!

just seen this from paddy power.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

I asked ladbrokes for odds on a few of this weekends fights last week, then again monday, tuesday, wed & today. About 14 fights on and they have priced up........1 so far

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

In Boyles doing a football treble yesterday.
    To avoid any problems with the prices, took a picture of the screen on my phone.
    Watched the prices for 20 mins (never moved) so wrote out the bet with the prices and placed bet.
    Cashier took it and gave me the docket as written.
    3 teams won so in I go to claim my winnings, cashier took docket and paid me.
    or tried to pay me what the system was telling him it was.
    Of course the prices were different to what I had put on the slip so the winnings were lower.
    Showed the cashier the picture but wasn't having any of it, saying the prices in the system at the time of the bet were different.
    After a long "discussion", I got paid what the bet should have been.
    Put the same bet on in another bookies and prices were the same so it wasn't as if they were miles out.

Nobody else has different prices between what the screen is showing and what is in their system.
    Yes coupon prices would be different but that's nothing to do with this as it was the screen prices that were "wrong".
    This has happened about 5 times in the last 2 months!

Could anyone tell me why does this keep happening in Boyles and only Boyles and why are the prices never higher only always lower?

• Advertisement

Just to re-iterate this I tried to place a bet and no matter how many times I clicked the market bet nothing happened.

I'll never even try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Paddy Powers keeps locking me out on login on moblile. Infuriating, lodged to Bet365 instead.

Shame, because I actually like Powers, except for poor in-running soccer prices and **** cash out offers.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Bet €20 pre match and get a Free in play bet of €5 for the Arsenal v Liverpool match :(.
    A €5, not the usual decent PP offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Bet €20 pre match and get a Free in play bet of €5 for the Arsenal v Liverpool match :(.
    A €5, not the usual decent PP offer.

not worth a thread really :eek::pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Moved to the correct place!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

In January my Paddy Power account got suspended and needed to be "verified". I've had this account for at least 6 years and regularly made deposits/withdraws throughout that time. Now all of a sudden I have to verify my age? I had no email and no prior warning, was trying to make a deposit too. They say I have to give them my passport number or driving licence number to get the account going again. IS there any other way to get it active again as I do not want to give them either of these documents information.

I sent them a photo of my drivers licence but blocked out the numbers on it and they did not accept. Do i have to cave and give in or any other way around?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

L.S.F wrote: »
    In January my Paddy Power account got suspended and needed to be "verified". I've had this account for at least 6 years and regularly made deposits/withdraws throughout that time. Now all of a sudden I have to verify my age? I had no email and no prior warning, was trying to make a deposit too. They say I have to give them my passport number or driving licence number to get the account going again. IS there any other way to get it active again as I do not want to give them either of these documents information.

I sent them a photo of my drivers licence but blocked out the numbers on it and they did not accept. Do i have to cave and give in or any other way around?

Cheers
    How did you get verified in the first place if you didn't send in those documents? Don't understand how it's different this time.

Garda Age Card?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

How did you get verified in the first place if you didn't send in those documents? Don't understand how it's different this time.

Garda Age Card?

That's what I said to live help and they said and got the bog standard "we have to do it to all accounts", then questioned why my friends accounts haven't had this treatment and was told "they will be soon" :rolleyes:

When logging in to account "We’ve attempted to verify you electronically and unfortunately have not been able to verify you are over 18. Don’t worry though it shouldn’t take long to get you going again" message is there, I also asked why they couldn't verify me through my bank account again with no joy

Haven't had a Garda Age card in many years!

L.S.F wrote: »

Cheers

All bookmakers are verifying accounts lately, I had bet365 and Bet Victor onto me in the past few months. They are all at it. Done Powers last year after about 7 years with them.

It's so easy to get verified, I just take a picture of my diving licence, an old type one thats been throw the washing machine more times. Along with a utility bill statement. And email them off. Within a few hours all is verified.

Why you hiding your driving number on your licence? If someone wants that information, it wouldn't be that hard to obtain to be fair now. Not exactly sensitive information really is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Why don't you just send them the number? Hardly sounds an unreasonable request.

Advertisement