Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Living in annacotty

• 28-07-2015 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just going sale agreed in a house in the bloomfield estate in annacotty and looking for any info on the area, eg nice place to live? Quiet? Resident profile ie mainly owner occupier or rented??? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I'm living in the Newtown area near Zweton in Annacotty and it's a lovely area. Where I am its about half owner occupied, half rented. Very quiet area and no messing going on around the area. Couldn't recommend Annacotty highly enough. There's a park up the road for kids which is usually busy and in the Newtown area there's a pub, Chinese Restaurant, a takeaway, bookies, Mace, hairdressers, beauty salon and another small restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Tefral

I actually live in Bloomfield. Its a great little area! The houses are typical Celtic Tiger timber frame ones so noise transfer is something to consider.

Its mostly owner occupied, there is rentals but from what I can see they are in the older bracket as its that bit further away from the college.

The Newtown shopping centre is a shortcut through the park, where there is a kids play ground. There can be a bit of noise from the motorway which is something I notice since the warm evenings we have had the windows opening.

You picked a good place. They recently put in a fibre network so high speed broadband is in the estate which wasnt before.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Great area, nice side of the city to live in and close enough to the city but not too close if you get me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Munstermunch

ooking for advice from Any Limerick locals on boards. I have viewed a house in ElmVale Riverbank Annacotty. I like the house and the area is ideal for work etc.. I suppose my main concern not being from Limerick is if this is a Safe area, anything I need to be aware of ? Seemed quite enough the few times I have driven in around, A mix of family homes and young Professionals. Also if anyone is from Riverbank is there a Neighbourhood watch in operation. 

sorry I realise this thread is old but any advice on the general area would be much appreciated

Thanks In Advance

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭VikingG

Lived in the area for 20 years - yes it is safe, no problem walking up to the shops etc even if is after dark. Dont know about neighbourhood watch, I remember there was one years ago but not have heard anything recently (maybe that's a good sign).

If I was to be picky sometimes you can get a gang of teenagers hanging outside the Centra in newton - but they do try to move them on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Zverklez

I wouldn't recommend Riverbank - the houses are much cheaper than others in Annacotty for a reason (4 bed 120sqm for <€250k, 2 bedroom apartments in other parts of Annacotty make this). The build quality is poor, gardens are small, very poor layout and use of space. There are some issues with anti-social behavior and burglaries in that particular estate. On the other hand, I lived closer to the Newtown area and had nothing but positive things to say about it, it all depends on where you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

I have lived in Elm Vale since they were built, bought off plans in 2001.

You are midway between the village and Newtown centre.

Havent had any issues regarding burglaries or anti social behavior in Elm Vale, Its a quiet part of the estate and has the advantage of facing the river, not many people walking around, bar a few dog walkers, if your using riverbank as a shortcut to walk to the village people walk in the main road and turn left and go through willow crescent part of estate.

We have changed the windows and done a bit of work to the house, but we are happy here.

PM me if you want any specific info

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Munstermunch

Thanks for that, would a lot of houses be owner occupied or rented or mix?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

Previously there was a higher % of rented, but this is gradually changing.

any houses bought in last few years have been owner occupier purchases.

it’s a mix but some of the renters I would know and have been renting long term.

Advertisement