Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning Park Bridge into a one way

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

What county they are in should be irrelevant. As I said, the counties should be done away with for administrative purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

An File wrote: »
    I was only jogging there on Friday. Mad that they didn't widen it and develop it properly.

As far as I remember the planning permission for the North Campus development put that particular constraint on UL as a condition of the planning permissions - that there was to be no vehicular access to the North Campus from the Clare side.
    To my knowledge this was to prevent the campus being used as a rat-run for people living in Clare that were working in the City and suburbs. For that purpose the condition makes perfect sense as the University is considered private grounds and it would not make sense to use the campus as a traffic through-way.
    Access was granted for construction purposes until the new bridge was completed, then the small road past the (ex-) Lame Duck was closed off.

I can see why some people would consider the lack of vehicular access from Clare to be a bad thing, but looking at the bigger picture and what would be best for UL overall it really does make sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Them's fightin' words! :D

They are an anachronistic throwback to feudal times and are incredibly divisive.

What about the Hurling???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

zulutango wrote: »

As I said, let's get rid of the counties altogether. They are an anachronistic throwback to feudal times and are incredibly divisive.

juneg wrote: »
    They are an anachronistic throwback to feudal times and are incredibly divisive.

The GAA can do what they like. If they wish to observe the old boundaries, fine by me!

But local government shouldn't be organised along these archaic Norman divisions. They're really holding this region back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

juneg wrote: »

It's a mixture between hockey and murder?:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Mod: Folks, please get back on-topic rather than dragging this thread completely off the original subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

Just saw this on Twitter;

"Limerick Smarter Travel is holding an information evening on Monday 16th of February 2015, in the Absolute Hotel from 5.30 pm to 7.30 pm in relation to Park Bridge and Park Road traffic reassignment, traffic calming and pedestrian and cyclist improvements."

https://smartertravel.limerick.ie/announce/information-evening-residents-local-park-bridge-park-road-limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

Read somewhere this was going ahead, and now canal bridge is closed from today to end of Aug, anyone have any info on this?

Going to make terrible traffic situation even worse come Sept when schools go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

There are diverted traffic signs up around pa healy road so I think it may have kicked off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

• Advertisement
Advertisement