Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

le_girl wrote: »
    I asked the lady behind the counter if there were any vegan options available (I'm guessing there are a couple of dishes like the bruschetta, a plain-ish pasta or pizza minus cheese which would be suitable with no substitutions or minor changes). She just said no and that was it. Didn't ask in the kitchen or anything, just no.

Why would she ask in the kitchen if she already knew that they don't do vegan dishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Why would she ask in the kitchen if she already knew that they don't do vegan dishes?

It wasn't a very definitive no, she gave the impression that she wasn't sure but wasn't really bothered either.

Like most restaurants, it looks like there are a few things on the menu that are probably accidentally vegan or could be made vegan by leaving off the cheese or whatever. They don't need to have a special separate menu to easily be able to cater for a vegan diet. It would've been easy to mention it to someone in the kitchen who's actually involved in preparing the food who would know straight away but she just brushed us off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

So .. I went to La Cucina (Suburbo) last night. Had a verdure bruschetta to start, which was truly delicious. Then I had a pesto chicken fettucini pasta dish, which was mostly lovely but the chicken was a very dry.

I couldn't fault the service at all, and we weren't waiting too long either. As for the price, the main dish was 11 euro. How can I argue with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

As a survivor of the Burrito Wars of 2016 I didn't think I would see war again in my lifetime. La Cucina is whole new level of carnage though. When will humanity learn? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

zulutango wrote: »
    So .. I went to La Cucina (Suburbo) last night. Had a verdure bruschetta to start, which was truly delicious. Then I had a pesto chicken fettucini pasta dish, which was mostly lovely but the chicken was a very dry.

I couldn't fault the service at all, and we weren't waiting too long either. As for the price, the main dish was 11 euro. How can I argue with that?

Suburbo :pac::pac::pac: Love it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

@mc love, you had a right go at me a few weeks ago because I made a truthful but slightly negative comment about La Cucina, you should have been upfront about your personal relationship with the owners back then, it fairly stinks if you are on here as a mouthpiece for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

@mc love, you had a right go at me a few weeks ago because I made a truthful but slightly negative comment about La Cucina, you should have been upfront about your personal relationship with the owners back then, it fairly stinks if you are on here as a mouthpiece for them.

I'm not the only person here who has posted positive comments about LaCucina, we cant all be having negative experiences!

Why should I reveal who I have friendships with to you or anyone on Boards, I know a few people IRL on boards, should I declare my relationship details of those people too??

I know the owners from frequenting their businesses, of which I would say I'm a loyal customer. Like I have stated and others have stated, have never had a bad experience in there.

Get off your high horse! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Exeggcute

Limerick is a very small place.

Most of you would know me as the fabulous Richard Lynch.

If you don't know me, well, you should. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Exeggcute wrote: »
    Limerick is a very small place.

Most of you would know me as the fabulous Richard Lynch.

If you don't know me, well, you should. ;)

Howiya Dicky!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Locking this too as reported posts. Will open again after reviewing. Too late for it now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Let's keep the discussion on topic please. If you have an issue with a post, you can report it. Thanks

Exeggcute wrote: »
    the fabulous Richard Lynch

Now that's a delectable dish we can all agree on ;)

MarkR wrote: »
    Let's keep the discussion on topic please. If you have an issue with a post, you can report it. Thanks

Backseat modding?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Backseat modding?????

Nope just been a Midwest moderator :)

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Backseat modding?????

Yes, that was my decision. Take a break.

MarkR wrote: »
    Yes, that was my decision. Take a break.

A break from what?

A break from what?

Sorry, I should have been clearer, but I'm not used to banning people. User is banned from this forum for a week.

I had asked for him, privately, to resist the urge to backs seat mod. Obviously they had an issue with this.

Please, can we keep this thread to discussion of the topic?

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Was in the T/S last Thur. night for with a group for a birthday do and even if it's not the most fashionable place in town, I have to say the service was top-notch, quick and friendly and we all agreed the food was excellent.

tippman1 wrote: »
    Was in the T/S last Thur. night for with a group for a birthday do and even if it's not the most fashionable place in town, I have to say the service was top-notch, quick and friendly and we all agreed the food was excellent.

T/S?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

T/S?

Texas Steakout, though I've always referred to it as the Texas Outhouse :P

• Advertisement

Ah yes! I was never in the place tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

You should try bambu beside it.

Amazing food and cheap!! Myself and the missus have been there a few times before.

2 starters
    2 mains
    Bottle of wine

€48

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Ah yes! I was never in the place tbh!

I wouldn't be rushing to it if i were you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

zulutango wrote: »
    I wouldn't be rushing to it if i were you

Was full Thur. night so can't see why you're advising people not to go there......and it hasn't closed down or failed comercially so maybe it's yourself that's out of touch a bit here.:)

I love the mixed frozen veg that they do in there. Being trying to find the recipe online for ages but no joy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Texas steak out is rubbish, EVERYTHING is reheated in the microwave.

You order your food and it's on your table in less than 5 minutes, generally bland and flavourless.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

davo2001 wrote: »
    Texas steak out is rubbish, EVERYTHING is reheated in the microwave.

Even the steak?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Harambe wrote: »
    Even the steak?

It's been years since I've been... the steak was ok then...everything else was rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

Last year for our christmas party, staff booked Texas Steakhouse for lunch. I was so disappointed. I thought what the heck we going there for. Hadn't been in the places in years.

However we got the most fabulous 3course lunch for 21euro. everyone commented on the generous portions, if you asked for anything extra it was no problem, food was fab and service excellent. I was really impressed and would definitely recommend the place to anyone. This is from someone who had a poor opinion of the place but that experience definitely changed my mind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Went to the Southcourt Hotel Saturday, carvery was on which we don't like but had the little one with us so had to have it. Had the curry which was very good for carvery, must give their evening menu a go.

Popped into La Cucina in Castletroy with the wife for lunch today, wife had salmon pasta which was nice and I had the spinach ravioli which was just ok- little on the dry side and not enough.

Advertisement