Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

ah, did not know this about cafe noir. a good salad can't be beaten....

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

i'll second cafe noir salad is fab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I had dinner in the Red Onion lately and wouldn't recommend it. The food was average and some of the staff were overbearing. I did howver find the decor quite nice and the desert was good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭jfh

had planned on going to freddys but didn't relise it was closed on sunday, went instead to the french table, didn't know much about the place, very impressed with friendliness of staff and quality of food. top quality all round, will be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 runlily

im surprised u didnt like red onion, ive been several times in the last 2 years and have never had a bad meal, i love the decor and the staff are friendly and aim to please. the food is not pre 'prepared' and is fresh, i think a lot of the newer restaurants are more 'pub gruby' but this one is definately a bit different. Try it again !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭jakko86

Been in the red onion about 2 months ago or more and it was nothing short of brutal,service was poor and food was cold and we had a long wait...couldnt complain as my other half knew the waitress.

Freddys is top class food is fab and lovely atmosphere.

Belle Italia is very nice too.staek on a stone YUM!!

Cornstore is very nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Was at Texas Steakout the other night. Was delighted to see they have really upped their game. Great food, good, quick service and lovely atmosphere. The music isn't at loud as it used to be, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

jakko86 wrote: »
    Been in the red onion about 2 months ago or more and it was nothing short of brutal,service was poor and food was cold and we had a long wait...couldnt complain as my other half knew the waitress.

Freddys is top class food is fab and lovely atmosphere.

Belle Italia is very nice too.staek on a stone YUM!!

Cornstore is very nice too.

I've only been to the Red Onion once (about a month ago), and it wasn't that good. The food was perfectly edible, but dull. There were a number of minor annoyances (no pepper on the table, got seated at one of the worst tables although the place was empty, and other things I can't remember).

Overall it was a irritating place, and I felt they didn't understand how to run a restaurant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 988 ✭✭✭deadeye187

So whats the best Indian takeout in limerick?....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

deadeye187 wrote: »

Poppadom, Indira, or Mogul Emporer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Poppadom I like but it can be hit and miss.

Copper & Spice I love but can be very expensive.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Poppadom, Indira, or Mogul Emporer.

Snd man, thanks so much, i go to "meal maza" across from killmurry lodge!...its ok..but i want a really good one. I`ll try all of the above.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

Mogul Emporer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

Haven't been in a while but last few times I had Indira I thought it had gone down hill...... More sauce and less meat, I used to love it but now I'll make the trip into town for poppadom.

So its poppadom or mogul then...i look forward to trying them both...Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Was in Paparazi (just off cruises street) the other morning, very nice, defiantly going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

source wrote: »
    Haven't been in a while but last few times I had Indira I thought it had gone down hill...... More sauce and less meat, I used to love it but now I'll make the trip into town for poppadom.

noticed they've rebranded, so sanji might be gone, indira is now Bindia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Noticed that the guy who's always there in the blue merc people car is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Does anyone know if theres a japanese restaraunt somewhere in limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

gotasmoke wrote: »
    Mogul Emporer

If you like sauce and veg because they seem to have cut back on their meat in their take away dishes, stopped going there about 12 months ago. We now use the one on O'Connell St, opp the Texas Steakout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Don't forget that The Bambu ( overhead the Steakout ) has Indian food on it's menu along with Thai ! And yummy it is too ....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

TheGunns wrote: »
    Does anyone know if theres a japanese restaraunt somewhere in limerick?

Unfortunately no :(
    There was a Hibachi grill in the Jasmine @10yrs back and thats the closest I've ever come across.
    Ze We Ton do offer some Sushi and Yaki Soba but nothing I'd consider as anything more than a novelty addition.
    I know Poppadom in Annacotty also used to do a 1 night a month Sushi night which used to be fairly good maybe they still do similar?

A good quality japanese restaurant(and not just sushi/sashimi) would be a great addition here but on the other hand I wonder how many people would actually frequent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭TheGunns

banie01 wrote: »
    Unfortunately no :(
    There was a Hibachi grill in the Jasmine @10yrs back and thats the closest I've ever come across.
    Ze We Ton do offer some Sushi and Yaki Soba but nothing I'd consider as anything more than a novelty addition.
    I know Poppadom in Annacotty also used to do a 1 night a month Sushi night which used to be fairly good maybe they still do similar?

A good quality japanese restaurant(and not just sushi/sashimi) would be a great addition here but on the other hand I wonder how many people would actually frequent one.

Would love one here as the food is a nice alternative and even to find sushi anywhere is a struggle. Any chance you know where to closest one would be? Only one I know of is the one in dundrum and thats not all much :(

Hopefully one will open soon but it may be some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭roseagra

Anyone experienced this place yet? It was due to open August 1st, I can't seem to find a website for them. They have a deal with pigsback.com at the moment.

Thanks

Just had my first taste of Mogul and it was really really good, portions was really big loads of meat and price was great!........Thanks for putting me on to this people, now i have to give poppadom a try!........Its a hard life!...:-)

I had breakfast in Petit Paris on Henry St recently after reading a suggestion on here. I ordered a full irish and I was disappointed because almost everything on the plate was deep fried and over cooked. I expected a bit more from the food but the service was good. They also have a selection of breads and pastries which might be a better option from a french styled cafe.

I had breakfast in Petit Paris on Henry St recently after reading a suggestion on here. I ordered a full irish and I was disappointed because almost everything on the plate was deep fried and over cooked. I expected a bit more from the food but the service was good. They also have a selection of breads and pastries which might be a better option from a french styled cafe.

Oh. Quite possibly I'm the one who suggested it. I've tried Petit Paris twice - had tea + pastry first time, then a crêpe or pancake or something like that the second time. Each time fairly good.

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Oh. Quite possibly I'm the one who suggested it. I've tried Petit Paris twice - had tea + pastry first time, then a crêpe or pancake or something like that the second time. Each time fairly good.

I'd like to try the crêpes, maybe they just do a bad fry :)

I'd like to try the crêpes, maybe they just do a bad fry :)

And I remember now: the lady who seemed to be the manager had a bit of an accent which was maybe French (or maybe I was imagining it — not good with accents). If so, that might explain lack of quality control re fry-up (the French don't seem to fry things much).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

TheGunns wrote: »
    Would love one here as the food is a nice alternative and even to find sushi anywhere is a struggle. Any chance you know where to closest one would be? Only one I know of is the one in dundrum and thats not all much :(

Hopefully one will open soon but it may be some time.

The gourmet deli run by the Cornstore on Thomas street (not sure of the name of the place) do Sushi on certain days of the week. Looks like the real deal too.

Advertisement