Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good breakfast (fry up) in the city?

Options
  • 16-07-2015 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi,

I will be in the city about 9am on Saturday and wondered if theres any decent spots about for breakfast. Close to arthurs quay would be good if not then anywhere else? :)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Hi,

I will be in the city about 9am on Saturday and wondered if theres any decent spots about for breakfast. Close to arthurs quay would be good if not then anywhere else? :)

Cheers

The one in the buttery is good. Had that recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Horse and Hound is well known for a good fry up. Dolans also

Maybe a bit far from Arthirs Quay though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

The Locke is quite good, the Strand is also good and decadent. Good for brunch. http://www.strandhotellimerick.ie/breakfast-restaurant.html
    If it was 4 years ago I would have said The Wild Onion.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

If you can wait til noon then the curragower bar does and unbelievable brunch full Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Waggaboo

Hi,

Cheers

There's one or two nice spots in the market on a Saturday morning. Quite close to Arthurs Quay. Nice buzz there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Styx on Nicholas St.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

the old quarter, massive breakfast

Mcgettigans do a huge fry. Bit out of the way though

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Papaz, near the market Nicest breakfast in Town...

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Hi,

Cheers

Breakfast Bap from Country Choice in the market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Jofspring wrote: »
    Horse and Hound is well known for a good fry up. Dolans also

Maybe a bit far from Arthirs Quay though.
    Last two times I had breakfast in Dolans it wasn't very good!

O Conners in town do a nice fry and I've heard good things about the horse and hound although never eaten there.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Styx on Nicholas St.
    They still have caveman ninja in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

the yellow lemon (near the market) gets a big thumbs up from me, great location too esp on a saturday morning you can watch the world go by

fryup wrote: »
    the yellow lemon (near the market) gets a big thumbs up from me, great location too esp on a saturday morning you can watch the world go by
    I think you better listen to fryup!

One thing obvious from this thread is that you are spoiled for choice when it comes to greasy muck in Limerick :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think you better listen to fryup!

One thing obvious from this thread is that you are spoiled for choice when it comes to greasy muck in Limerick :D

I've frequented a lot of the places mentioned on this thread and I wouldn't call any of them "greasy muck", in fact some of them do brilliant "healthy" breakfasts

Clareman wrote: »
    I've frequented a lot of the places mentioned on this thread and I wouldn't call any of them "greasy muck", in fact some of them do brilliant "healthy" breakfasts
    'Twas tongue in cheek. I love how you put quotes around the word "healthy".

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Clareman wrote: »

Lighten up. It was obviously a jokey comment

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

O' Connors Thomas St. for me Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Well op where did you go and how was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

O' Connors Thomas St. for me Yum!

Went there once and once only after people swearing by it. If you're a smoker who likes carvery etc I can see it being great but not for me thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I will be in the city about 9am on Saturday and wondered if theres any decent spots about for breakfast. Close to arthurs quay would be good if not then anywhere else?

Stayed in the George boutique hotel a few times. The guards use to come in for breakfast, so must be good

Then it's only a tenner as well

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

O Connors is not great. I ended up in flannerrys in Denmark street. Great breakfast.

flannerrys in Denmark street. Great breakfast. I go there like twice a week its so good

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Boss83

I will be in the city about 9am on Saturday and wondered if theres any decent spots about for breakfast. Close to arthurs quay would be good if not then anywhere else?

Try the new place in town Maze eatery they do a fine breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Boss83 wrote: »
    Try the new place in town Maze eatery they do a fine breakfast

What's your opening hours? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭black & white

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Papaz, near the market Nicest breakfast in Town...

+1

Advertisement