Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any one Recently By from mymemory.ie/co.uk??

Options
  • 03-06-2020 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks has anyone bought anything lately from my memory.ie ? just wondering how long it takes to deliver ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 colinmac

Ordered on the 12th May, shipped on the 13th, and arrived on the 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

colinmac wrote: »
    Ordered on the 12th May, shipped on the 13th, and arrived on the 19th

Thanks i ordered last Wednesday night/thurs morn 27th dispatched the 27th so i will give it another few days so.

Stupid feckin thing only came today. wouldnt use them again. the invoice says burglen switzerland but the post mark is schiedam Nederlands. Not posted from the Uk as you think

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

For future reference if you need something fast, memoryc.ie are based in Celbridge and the stuff with the short delivery windows is actually held in stock there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Stupid feckin thing only came today. wouldnt use them again. the invoice says burglen switzerland but the post mark is schiedam Nederlands. Not posted from the Uk as you think

There's no time difference between delivery from a european country and UK. It might take an extra 30 min of flight time, but makes no difference to the person receiving it

However as almost all small packages and parcels go by airfreight and there's a severe drop in capacity at present, there are delays from EVERY country. Avoid the US in particular - its still taking 4 weeks from there.

Funny think, the delivery companies that use road/sea routes such as DPD & GLS are now faster than air mail

6 days and in the midst of pandemic that caused 90% of flights to be cancelled is as good as you can expect. If it was from the UK, it may have taken even longer.

• Advertisement

silver2020 wrote: »
    There's no time difference between delivery from a european country and UK. It might take an extra 30 min of flight time, but makes no difference to the person receiving it

However as almost all small packages and parcels go by airfreight and there's a severe drop in capacity at present, there are delays from EVERY country. Avoid the US in particular - its still taking 4 weeks from there.

Funny think, the delivery companies that use road/sea routes such as DPD & GLS are now faster than air mail

6 days and in the midst of pandemic that caused 90% of flights to be cancelled is as good as you can expect. If it was from the UK, it may have taken even longer.

Just to say 4 weeks from the Us, no, i ordered a something on amazon Us on saturday & due for delivery tmw.the reviews fir the company i posted about are a joke anyway.They are always crap with delivery ( i didnt know before i bought)

Advertisement