Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deutsche Post

• 17-05-2020 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭

I can’t find the couriers forum posting on this iPhone. The item ordered was posted in Germany on the 7th of May and the tracking is still showing last scan as the 7th of May. Has anyone here experience of receiving items from this snail mail service.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I ordered a small circuit board from Germany at the start of april and it took three weeks to get here. So yes, tis slow at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

I can’t find the couriers forum posting on this iPhone. The item ordered was posted in Germany on the 7th of May and the tracking is still showing last scan as the 7th of May. Has anyone here experience of receiving items from this snail mail service.

Yes. I get regular supplies of small equipment from Germany and it sometimes takes over 2 weeks to arrive, particularly if it is going through Frankfurt airport. The tracking often seems to get stuck there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Thanks for the replies. So my parcel showed up eventually on an post tracking in Dublin today despite been delivered there on Tuesday.

Do An Post still deliver parcels on a Saturday? I’m in rural Thurles. In the past I’ve seen a “Post Parcels” van at times in Thurles Urban District on Saturdays, I’ve never seen them deliver to my area though.

This is a critical piece of equipment that was meant to be delivered by last week and to give you an idea of the size, it is larger than a desktop Tower and twice as heavy too. p****d off that it was delayed coming into a bank holiday weekend. I know they’re busier than usual but I’ve gotten stuff from Greece and Italy that was ordered last week.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They deliver parcels for certain shippers who've paid a premium. A recent order for me that was DHL Deutsche Post did get delivered on a Saturday but it may have been a premium service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Thanks for the replies. So my parcel showed up eventually on an post tracking in Dublin today despite been delivered there on Tuesday.

Do An Post still deliver parcels on a Saturday? I’m in rural Thurles. In the past I’ve seen a “Post Parcels” van at times in Thurles Urban District on Saturdays, I’ve never seen them deliver to my area though.
    How do you know it arrived in Dublin on Tuesday?

The Deutch post scan will just show it left their facility.
    Chances are it waited in a holding area until space was available on a flight.

Same issue all around the world.

Yes, they deliver parcels on Saturday but just to urban areas

• Advertisement
Advertisement