Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-03-2020, 23:44   #451
bodhrandude

So do you think Aphex Twin will come up with some experimental music that can kill the Coronavirus stone dead.
Advertisement
06-03-2020, 09:13   #452
peteeeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhrandude View Post
So do you think Aphex Twin will come up with some experimental music that can kill the Coronavirus stone dead.
no
07-03-2020, 21:00   #453
Scubadevils
Did I dream, you dreamed about me?

Been a while since I posted here, a few years at least! Anyway, I've been loving the work of RX-101 - heavily inspired by Aphex and definitely captures that early 90s classic sound.

If you don't know of him, story goes that he made up to 200 tracks in the late 90s but never sent out any demos - that is up until recently when he finally sent them to Suction records who have since put out two albums and a few EPs.

There had been talk of whether it is actually Mr James himself but I think that's ruled out. Anyway, very much the Aphex template and incredible music.

The Dopamine album is more SAW 1 style and then the more recent 'Serenity' takes things up a notch while retaining a nice melodic backdrop.

From Dopamine -

From Serenity -

On Bandcamp -

https://rx-101.bandcamp.com/album/serenity-2
(4) thanks from:
27-03-2020, 14:48   #454
jiltloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubadevils View Post
Been a while since I posted here, a few years at least! Anyway, I've been loving the work of RX-101 - heavily inspired by Aphex and definitely captures that early 90s classic sound.

If you don't know of him, story goes that he made up to 200 tracks in the late 90s but never sent out any demos - that is up until recently when he finally sent them to Suction records who have since put out two albums and a few EPs.

There had been talk of whether it is actually Mr James himself but I think that's ruled out. Anyway, very much the Aphex template and incredible music.

The Dopamine album is more SAW 1 style and then the more recent 'Serenity' takes things up a notch while retaining a nice melodic backdrop.

From Dopamine -

From Serenity -

On Bandcamp -

https://rx-101.bandcamp.com/album/serenity-2
Thanks! this is very nice indeed.
(2) thanks from:
02-04-2020, 20:01   #455
peteeeed

Apgex Twin has shared a note online mourning the loss of his father and warning people about the current political climate.

“Huge heartfelt condolences to anyone grieving right now, I lost my father recently and it’s been really tough, it was not related to C19 (COVID-19),” reads the note, which was posted in the bio of SoundCloud user user18081971, widely accepted to be Richard D. James.

The note continues to comment on the excessive governmental control during the pandemic, saying: “When you are presented with C19 statistics, you must demand whether the figures reflect people who have died WITH C19 or FROM C19. Please do not forget this. When police carry out wishes from government, without any law being in place, you are living in a police state and it is no longer a democracy.”

He adds: “When you are held under house arrest, when no crime has been committed, you are living in a police state and it is no longer a democracy. You didn’t think this could happen did you? Do you know what rights you could lose next, can you guess? You have been warned.” The note has since been deleted but re-shared on Reddit.

James’s father, Derek, was a tin and coal miner, before becoming a psychiatric nurse and a counselor, according to a comment posted by user18081971. He has featured in many of James’s tracks, including vocal samples on “Lornaderek” and “4”.

“He was the best dad I could've ever wished to have had. He had incredible encyclopedic knowledge of so many subjects, he blew my mind constantly and my sisters...tears,” he said in another comment.

Read the note below.

Richard James
via Soundcloud

MUSICNEWSAPHEX TWINCORONAVIRUSPOLITCS
Tweet
Pin
Advertisement
08-04-2020, 11:21   #456
peteeeed

New soundclound tunes
https://www.residentadvisor.net/news/72392
(3) thanks from:
09-04-2020, 15:01   #457
peteeeed

Warehouse project gig from last year going online tomorrow

https://crackmagazine.net/2020/04/ap...-project-live/
(2) thanks from:
11-04-2020, 20:46   #458
MadYaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteeeed View Post
Really enjoying these at the moment. His stuff hits me like nothing else. Hopefully he does more shows in the future.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion