Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Roms not working on MAME Plus

• 18-03-2009 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Firstly, I'm a bit of a retro gaming newbie, so forgive me for being ignorant!

I'm running MAME Plus (0.129), and so far I've downloaded about 20 roms. I have them all zipped in the roms folder (under mameplus etc.) Linked that folder as the source folder in MAME.

But still only about 10 of these roms are recognised in MAME, the rest are nowhere to be seen. Granted, some are NEOGEO roms, but I have the NEOGEO bios file in the roms file also.

I've audited the roms that it's not recognising, but still no joy.

Any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You could be missing some parent sets, or bios files. Be sure you havnt just got the rom revisions, and you have the full parent set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

As enterNow says, you often need two versions of a rom; the US version (parent - and usually larger in size) and a euro version for example.

Other than that you could try other emulators which do just as good (if not better) a job than mame (final burn alpha for example)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This is why I gave up on MAME, I would have a massive romset, then replace the version of MAME with a newer one and end having to get the roms all over again to play them, that or revert to the previous edition of MAME.
    The only version of MAME I now have is the one running on my old Xbox. At least everything works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Stanzen wrote: »
    Firstly, I'm a bit of a retro gaming newbie, so forgive me for being ignorant!

I'm running MAME Plus (0.129), and so far I've downloaded about 20 roms. I have them all zipped in the roms folder (under mameplus etc.) Linked that folder as the source folder in MAME.

But still only about 10 of these roms are recognised in MAME, the rest are nowhere to be seen. Granted, some are NEOGEO roms, but I have the NEOGEO bios file in the roms file also.

I've audited the roms that it's not recognising, but still no joy.

Any ideas?

I am disappointent Stanzen. Was my help not enough :D

CiderMan. I know what you mean but once you get a good set... just don;t go to the next version of MAME.

Good reasons to upgrade to the next MAME versiosn are few and far between.

I've got like a two year old MAME running in my MAME'd cab and tis all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Stanzen

Brianon, if your help was good enough I wouldn't be bothering these fine people! ;)

Your were right about the final fight roms though, but alas the NEOGEO stuff is still not working. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement