Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bdgp

• 15-12-2015 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Farmer Dan

Morning all,

Has anyone received payment for this scheme yet or when are the proposing to pay. Assuming that you've returned all your samples and recorded all the data?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

I have all completed and Coveney has said payments will start in the second week of December. Taking into account the efficiency of the dept. of Ag payments section this year I'd say we should expect it next May.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

So, uncle Simon put out a press release that he started paying out the BDGP payments this week. Has anyone received their payment yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

So, uncle Simon put out a press release that he started paying out the BDGP payments this week. Has anyone received their payment yet?

Just showing up in the 'Amounts Due' tab for me today. Dated Dec 16th.

What's ''Scheme Completion Reduction''?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Grueller

Kovu wrote: »

Cost of genomic testing on the tissue samples returned maybe?

Grueller wrote: »
    Cost of genomic testing on the tissue samples returned maybe?

Don't think so, there's also a reduction called ''ICBF Genotype Testing Recoup''
    Fook sake, it's not a lot of money for all the crap I have to do for it.

• Advertisement

Kovu wrote: »

I just checked and it's as you describe above. The mysterious "scheme completion reduction" is there too, whatever that is.
    Now, if the GLAS payment arrived, it would be a good help...

I just checked and it's as you describe above. The mysterious "scheme completion reduction" is there too, whatever that is.
    Now, if the GLAS payment arrived, it would be a good help...

Do you know if this is the same payment we'll receive each year in the scheme or will it change?

I must check against the letter I got from the dept earlier, as both the hectares and amount paid are slightly less than I expected. Maybe they haven't paid out yet on younger calves? When you compare the two, it should be clear what the level of payment will be

I must check against the letter I got from the dept earlier, as both the hectares and amount paid are slightly less than I expected. Maybe they haven't paid out yet on younger calves? When you compare the two, it should be clear what the level of payment will be

Ah that could be it, I must check back to my original calculations too as I thought I'd be getting more. Guess we'll find out soon once everyone gets theirs and starts asking questions :D

So, I checked my acceptance letter from the Dept and the gross amount is correct, payment is for the full amount. The genotyping costs are a large chunk of the payment.
    I strongly support the scheme as I think It will provide invaluable data over time, but when the cost of participation is ~17% of the payment, it looks a lot less attractive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Grueller

So, I checked my acceptance letter from the Dept and the gross amount is correct, payment is for the full amount. The genotyping costs are a large chunk of the payment.
    I strongly support the scheme as I think It will provide invaluable data over time, but when the cost of participation is ~17% of the payment, it looks a lot less attractive.

Especially as dairy farmers can be given the excess without all of the rubbish red tape we will have in the beef sector for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Hurling Hereford

Folks, are any of ye still waiting on your 2015 BDGP payments?

Oh yeah, almost forgot I believe quite a few farmers are STILL waiting on the remainder of their 2013 Beef Data Programme and 2014 Beef Data Programme & Beef Genomics Scheme PAYMENTS also. The Beef Scheme Section in Portlaoise must be closed for business?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Not a penny yet. Been told with last two months it's in the next pay run

Not a penny yet. Been told with last two months it's in the next pay run
    Were you told why there has been a delay in your case?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

I'm in the 2015 and my payment went on agfood at the weekend . They said to me ages ago that the 15 reference year were last to be paid .

Were you told why there has been a delay in your case?

There was an issue when my father passed away and the entitlements were being transferred. So I've been on phone all year gathering money. But two months ago they said the money was ready to go into account and whenever I call it's the same story

There was an issue when my father passed away and the entitlements were being transferred. So I've been on phone all year gathering money. But two months ago they said the money was ready to go into account and whenever I call it's the same story
    And what are they telling you?

And what are they telling you?

Same thing every time. The money is ready to go and it should be in the next run and that I should see it in ten days.

Same thing every time. The money is ready to go and it should be in the next run and that I should see it in ten days.
    Time for you to contact a local TD and get him/her to stir them up a bit about your payment. Worked for me about a year ago. Don't give up or they win!

• Advertisement

Time for you to contact a local TD and get him/her to stir them up a bit about your payment. Worked for me about a year ago. Don't give up or they win!

I'll keep plugging away alright. Cheers for the advice

I'll keep plugging away alright. Cheers for the advice
    That's the spirit!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Does anyone have genotype results yet? We were part of the Beef Data program going back to 2014 and still have no results other than some sires verified. I was under the impression we were to get alot more data than that?!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Ya it's there alright in a roundabout way; type in the tag number into 'bull search' . Then on the right hand side you will see a tab for gen. Giantpencil did a screenshot here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057187047&page=26

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭sonnybill

This is a six year commitment to the BDGP ,once 15 and 2016 is complete if I were to sell cows and get into dry stock would they want the money for year 1 and 2 back ?!

You just need the target amount of 4 and 5 star females of breeding age in the herd, you could possibly stay in with the right amount of 4 or 5 star heifers. Look a bit more into it before you opt out.

blue5000 wrote: »
    You just need the target amount of 4 and 5 star females of breeding age in the herd, you could possibly stay in with the right amount of 4 or 5 star heifers. Look a bit more into it before you opt out.

Only working out permutations in my head, work and other commitments making dry cattle for 7 months of year to satisfy ANC look much more favourable . I thought you have to have 60% of reference no. available for genotyping

sonnybill wrote: »
    Only working out permutations in my head, work and other commitments making dry cattle for 7 months of year to satisfy ANC look much more favourable . I thought you have to have 60% of reference no. available for genotyping

Ya but if the 60% is 4 or 5 star heifers that you are fattening I think you could still be ok, not sure about only having them for 7 months though. Have a chat with your advisor, I don't have all the ins and outs of it in my head, but there is a loophole there where you can still qualify and have no su cows. I know some ppl are tagging males because all the females are already done, but I think that's different.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Ya but if the 60% is 4 or 5 star heifers that you are fattening I think you could still be ok, not sure about only having them for 7 months though. Have a chat with your advisor, I don't have all the ins and outs of it in my head, but there is a loophole there where you can still qualify and have no su cows. I know some ppl are tagging males because all the females are already done, but I think that's different.

Yeah , ANC would be fine you can stock at 0.3lu per hectare for 7 consecutive months as opposed to maintaining 0.15lu for entire 12 months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Looking at our cull list now the new eurostars are finally fully updated. Newer generations not adding up on the stars...herd average replacement rating will drop quite a bit if we cull the older girls with the 115-135e ratings. Have 12 in calf to Tombapik for CH replacements, please God all goes well and at least half are female!

Advertisement