Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ongoing incident at Essex quay Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

haven't read one that said anything of the sort

got a link

FFs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

details seem clear that its a man and a woman in custody and a man in his 20s has non life threatening injuries

sounds likelier to be our natives, the kind that hang out waiting for their fix down around wood quay

That part of the city is a well known hub for locals with issues with hard drugs. Seen lots of dealers hanging around there over the years. The site for the injection centre is only a few minutes away from there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 78 ✭✭woddensanta

got a link

Just open Google, type a few relevant key words, I suggest "irish stabbed France insulting" and BOOM! Loads of links!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

according to news reports where this happened is along the South Quays, that entire place resembles an episode of the Walking Dead the best of times.

Just open Google, type a few relevant key words, I suggest "irish stabbed France insulting" and BOOM! Loads of links!!

Your wet dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Still closed off from Capel St bridge :cool:down.

Must want forensics in first... I watch CSI, I know what I'm talking about.

Your wet dream.

I don't even know what you mean with that, is that what you shout or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

got a link

You can use google like i did.

theguzman wrote: »
    according to news reports where this happened is along the South Quays, that entire place resembles an episode of the Walking Dead the best of times.

Its a sad place alright. They all congregate mid/late afternoon to secure a room in the Merchant Quay for the night, a lot of them harmless souls but then the small time pushers call around to take advantage of the addicts amongst them.

There was a stabbing on the street there in September also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Odhinn

"Motorists are being urged to avoid Dublin city centre due to heavy traffic following a stabbing incident on the south quays earlier this evening.
    At around 4.40pm a man in his late 20s suffered stab wounds following an altercation on Essex Quay.
    He was later taken to St James's Hospital. His injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
    A man and woman - both in their 20s - were arrested at the scene."
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/two-people-arrested-man-hospitalised-and-traffic-at-a-standstill-in-dublin-city-centre-following-stabbing-incident-37608845.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭sameoldname

I don't even know what you mean with that, is that what you shout or something?

He's basically saying that you and your friends are just waiting for a Muslim to hurt or kill a person here in Ireland so you can justify your hatred of them. That when the actual perpetrator turns out not to be a Muslim you lot don't seem to care as much if at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭hill16bhoy

Junkie dirt.
    You mean "white male dirt", yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Last time I passed by that exact area on a day trip to Dublin I seen a group of 4 men having a little sing song at about 5pm. Such a musical city is Dublin. Charming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Look, even if this wasn't, and the 3 women stabbed in a French train station also had nothing to do with radical Islam you can't really blame people for entertaining the idea can you? I mean it is the European jihadists go to, I am gonna guess you wouldn't be overly offended if someone hypothesized a white guy with right wing leanings responsible for a school shooting if news broke?

Not entertaining. Wanting it to be. Big difference there.

Also, the school shooting comparison is stupid. Stabbing of one person does not equate to shooting up a school. Also, obviously stabbings like this are much more common than as a schooling.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-to-tackle-rise-in-knife-violence-with-new-campaign-1.3178611

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Seems like some people here were hoping for it to be a Muslim fella doing the stabbing so they could bring their racism more into the mainstream.

Immigrant-haters wake up every day desperately hoping that lots of white people will be murdered by a Muslim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Its a sad place alright. They all congregate mid/late afternoon to secure a room in the Merchant Quay for the night, a lot of them harmless souls but then the small time pushers call around to take advantage of the addicts amongst them.

Rooms or clean needles? I thought that centre was for clean needless etc. You can see the dealers at the corner Merchants quay and Winetavern street.
    AllForIt wrote: »
    Last time I passed by that exact area on a day trip to Dublin I seen a group of 4 men having a little sing song at about 5pm. Such a musical city is Dublin. Charming.

A day trip to Dublin, you say. What that yesterday #8thDecember.

He's basically saying that you and your friends are just waiting for a Muslim to hurt or kill a person here in Ireland so you can justify your hatred of them. That when the actual perpetrator turns out not to be a Muslim you lot don't seem to care as much if at all.

It's a strange attitude, I never said I thought the Dublin one was at the hand of a radical Islamist, that's always going to be more likely a traveller issue or junkies etc, simply because Ireland has a fairly low population of potential jihadists, but yeah, I am not ashamed to say that if I hear of a stabbing/mass attacks I am going to think it's a high probability of being Islam inspired, if I am wrong on that it wouldn't make me a raging racist or anything, it would just be a statistical outlier on that occasion, obvious caveat for some city's like London stabbing = 90%+ black teen gang issues etc. Like I said earlier also I guess you guys wouldn't be so outraged if people were guessing a white teenager with a history of right wing affiliation was responsible for a mass school shooting? Why does criticisms/analysing of Islam outrage so many people even on simple statistical analysis etc?

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    You mean "white male dirt", yes?

No i mean dirty heroin addicted filth. I dont understand why you are bringing colour or nationality into it???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Odhinn

No i mean dirty heroin addicted filth. I dont understand why you are bringing colour or nationality into it???

Good to see the christmas spirit is alive and well.

Berserker wrote: »
    Rooms or clean needles? I thought that centre was for clean needless etc. You can see the dealers at the corner Merchants quay and Winetavern street.

Ah, I thought it was a hostel of sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭sameoldname

Like I said earlier also I guess you guys wouldn't be so outraged if people were guessing a white teenager with a history of right wing affiliation was responsible for a mass school shooting? Why does criticisms/analysing of Islam outrage so many people even on simple statistical analysis etc?

I'm guessing because when a there's an attack by a white male in the States there isn't a sudden influx of rereg posters to boards demonising every white male?

And statistical analysis of the number of deaths due to Islamic fundamentalism in this country leads to a current body count of how many exactly?

loiyut wrote: »
    They were lead away by two Gardaí with MP7s according to a mate who was there.

Why the need?

I imagine that a large congregation of not so pleasant characters, associates of those arrested had gathered around and protocol would be not to take risk at such a tense incident. Ideal time to be armed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Why does criticisms/analysing of Islam outrage so many people even on simple statistical analysis etc?
    Because it's not statistical. Statistically there will be a hugely higher probability that it was something like a domestic, fight among drug users or something similar. So you either display complete inability to read statistics or just a huge bias but most likely both.

Really? You're even thicker than thought.

I'll tell you.

It's because I'm lampooning and ripping the piss out of the brain dead hatred of worthless racist pieces of **** like yourself who desperately scour the internet looking for stories which they can attempt to vilify ethnic minorities.

Amazingly enough, because you didn't have the wit to understand you were being lampooned, you didn't like what you thought was broad brush, generalised vilification of whites, or to give it another term, anti-white racism.

Well, nobody else likes being racially vilified either.

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    Really? You're even thicker than thought.

I'll tell you.

It's because I'm lampooning and ripping the piss out of the brain dead hatred of worthless racist pieces of **** like yourself who desperately scour the internet looking for stories which they can attempt to vilify ethnic minorities.

Have a break will you, all you are is a keyboard warrior, you wouldnt say boo to me on the street id break your jaw for you. Clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,551 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Can I ask you why you thought this was fake news?

Can I ask why you used 'fake news' instead of 'nonsense' or 'lies' or 'bôllocks' or another less Trumpy term?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Have a break will you, all you are is a keyboard warrior, you wouldnt say boo to me on the street id brake your jaw for you. Clown.

Just ignore the crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Have a break will you, all you are is a keyboard warrior, you wouldnt say boo to me on the street id break your jaw for you. Clown.

The irony is delicious.

The irony is delicious.

No irony here fella, im someone who will actually do it.

• Advertisement

Right, this thread is going down the usual route.

Out.

Advertisement