Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are you right now? Part 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Settling down to watch Gnome Alone on the tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Autosport wrote: »
    Heading off to meet up with friends :) my HW favs are Auckland, Beverley Hills and Orange County :D

Watching re-runs of Bev Hills. Can't keep my eyes open.

Bedside.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tea and toastie here.. Just psyching myself up slowly for ablutions and then work..

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Which HW's ?

Great escape from reality for a bit , enjoy !

Thanks!! Today Beverly Hills old ones but I like Orange County, New York but I've been known to watch others :D

It's such utter rubbish but I can't help it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Having a nap after a super busy morning running round after my niece. My gp did say that was the best sort of therapy for getting myself out of my own head for an hour or two and he was right!

@gifted, I didn't realise being from cork was such an honour, does it count if I moved there as a child and spent most of my life there before moving back to the pale a couple of years ago or do you have to be from there? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TG1 wrote: »
    Having a nap after a super busy morning running round after my niece. My gp did say that was the best sort of therapy for getting myself out of my own head for an hour or two and he was right!

@gifted, I didn't realise being from cork was such an honour, does it count if I moved there as a child and spent most of my life there before moving back to the pale a couple of years ago or do you have to be from there? :pac:

Your an honorary corkonian for life! it will never leave you, you probaby still have a tint of the cork Accent in you when you speak although you probably don't notice it :pac:

Your an honorary corkonian for life! it will never leave you, you probaby still have a tint of the cork Accent in you when you speak although you probably don't notice it :pac:

I have to travel to cork a bit for work and was told by a colleague they never realised I had a connection to cork until we both had a meeting in the office there and I started talking to the person who manages the cork office... Apparently the accent comes back the second I hear someone else with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Finally sitting after doing a war dance around the garden when I caught my finger in a door. A nice black nail forming but at least my eyes have stopped watering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

I'm from Kerry...my father is now 80..his parents and brother died by the time he was 6...went to live with his grandparents...and they told him that his roots are in Offaly for many generations....so I did a little digging a few years ago..... cork! McCurtin Street...4 or 5 generations.... bastards

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭gifted

I have to travel to cork a bit for work and was told by a colleague they never realised I had a connection to cork until we both had a meeting in the office there and I started talking to the person who manages the cork office... Apparently the accent comes back the second I hear someone else with it!

Cork accent is the best, had to go to Cork myself last night for a going away party for my niece, brought the 3 chicks with me and I could see them looking at me as I was talking to people ......cork people talk fast to each other...lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No need for a translator for you either :pac:

Tea and toastie here.. Just psyching myself up slowly for ablutions and then work..

I'd love a toastie but no makings of one.

The witch will no doubt alight from her broomcar shortly and if I go anywhere I'll lose a car space.

Besides, I'm still in bed.

northgirl wrote: »
    alight from her broomcar shortly

:D:D brilliant!

I'd love a toastie but no makings of one.

The witch will no doubt alight from her broomcar shortly and if I go anywhere I'll lose a car space.

Besides, I'm still in bed.

I swear this sounds like an old housemate of mine... Dying to know where abouts you are house sharing now! :pac: are there cats involved? My nightmare housemate had cats....

I swear this sounds like an old housemate of mine... Dying to know where abouts you are house sharing now! :pac: are there cats involved? My nightmare housemate had cats....

No cats, that I'm aware of. Rebel City. :)

No cats, that I'm aware of. Rebel City. :)

Nope, mine was in the pale... That means there are two of them out there!!!!

Nope, mine was in the pale... That means there are two of them out there!!!!

Adding a whole new level to the "Sunday night Fear" :pac:

Will I ever get a mortgage :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Tae and NCIS, keeping the Sunday Blues at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

gifted wrote: »
    cork people talk fast to each other...lol lol

I still talk very fast, despite living in Tipp for most of my life :o The accent comes back to me when I'm back there, and more so if I stay for a couple of days :D

Hiding in my room has it's benefits. Making good headway through the Haunting of Hill House.

• Advertisement

Hiding in my room has it's benefits. Making good headway through the Haunting of Hill House.

Finished it this morning. Enjoyed it. Let us know if you need someone to protect you there. :P
    I reckon they could easily do a prequel to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

At the beach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside, just starting the new series of Making a Murderer. Will go kitchenside to make dinner after this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

At the beach

According to my boyfriend we don't have proper beaches in Ireland coz there are no palm trees on them. I think I have to break up with him. Can't have him casting aspirations on the country I couldn't wait to leave..
    .oh.

Just into bed after a lovely soiree. Wrecked but trying to get to chat with me mammy before sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

At the beach

The beach fell over!!

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Finished it this morning. Enjoyed it. Let us know if you need someone to protect you there. :P
    I reckon they could easily do a prequel to it.

Tease! I can't look at that! Only on episode 5.

TBF the witch is more frightening :pac:

Tease! I can't look at that! Only on episode 5.

TBF the witch is more frightening :pac:

Not a spoiler as such, more of a general thought.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Not a spoiler as such, more of a general thought.

Still not looking :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Couchside, recovering from a migraine attack :(

• Advertisement

starting to brick it a bit watching this series... :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement