Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are you right now? Part 5

Comments

Waiting for another turn at a Capoeira Demonstration me and the GFs are helping to give. Today in 1899 Mestre Bimba was born. He is credited with founding the Capoeira movement - a dance form me and the girls have worked on for just over 10 years now. So we are giving a demonstration to the public. Looking forward to going home and re-tanking on some oversized home made burgers after this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Couching and alone, Mrs working till 9:30. Just got off phone to mam, she's feeling sad tonight, my late dad's birthday, I forgot. Going to go round for a coffee with her now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Waiting for another turn at a Capoeira Demonstration me and the GFs are helping to give. Today in 1899 Mestre Bimba was born. He is credited with founding the Capoeira movement - a dance form me and the girls have worked on for just over 10 years now. So we are giving a demonstration to the public. Looking forward to going home and re-tanking on some oversized home made burgers after this.

Is that the Brazilian martial arts?

More power to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Home side and might indulge in some online shopping :)

Is that the Brazilian martial arts?

More power to you!

We do Brazillian JuJitsu too which is more a combat martial art in the way most people think of the term "martial art".

Since I am mobile and I rarely use this site mobile forgive me for the copy and paste -

"Capoeira is an Afro-Brazilian martial art that combines elements of dance, acrobatics, and music"

- so it is more of a dance form as it is combat. I always joke that it is not enough like dance to be used on a dance floor without hurting everyone - and not enough like combat to use in a fight without hurting yourself.

Mestre Bimba who was born on this day 119 years ago is credited with developing new ways to train it and bring it to public. I noticed the Google Doodle celebrates him today too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

About to head out to celebrate my promotion

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Try_harder wrote: »

Wait, what?. Well done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Wait, what?. Well done!!

Promotion thanks hon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Try_harder wrote: »

Congratulations and enjoy celebrating !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,820 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Wrapping Christmas presents and wondering how Mountainsandh's little fella is today .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Barside in a little gem of a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bedside after being awake for almost 40 hours. Only a few mini naps.

Another busy day touristing tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Car expert

I’m here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

In bed, watching 72 Cutest Animals on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Poolside but not much sun. Talking to my son though coz he is working a night shift.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Also working nightshift, solidarity with your son!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all..... still sitting in a hotel, spent the morning at the gym, gotta work tonight and the weather looks like it going to be horrible.

Hope you are cancelled or travel safe.. sometimes i'm looking at weather maps and it's easy to forget how many people are battling through it..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Sitting in my car outside work :D

I literally live about a 10 minute walk away, but just drove today because it's cold and any bit of driving I can do will help. It's a bit scary driving in a different country even it they do drive on the same side of the road.

Happy motoring Paws :) delighted for you, take the long way home ;) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Saturday!!!

Kitchenside

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

On the couch since 5-30am watching feckin cartoons with some very early risers. Waiting for Mrs Seafields to get up so I can go back to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Kitchen, trying to decide what to do today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I need some retail therapy I've just been told, so work is off and apparently so am I.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,260 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Portland St (#15)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Going for a swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Experimenting with OMAD (One meal a day) which is a bad idea when staying in a hotel with buffet lunches and dinners :):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Roomside, brother's wedding was today, sick of socializing so had enough and came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Post parkrun brekkie, undoing all the good work

Off to explore a bit more of London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Sitting on the couch listening to Christmas music :D I can't wait til next week when I get my tree and decorate the house. I started clearing out in preparation for it and sent all of Elliots buggy and pram set and his tiny cot to the charity shop. The amount of space I have now for more crap is great lol, I calling this one his first Christmas, last year was a wash out.

Have to go looking for a dress later for the Christmas party in December. I'm actually a bit excited but afraid I'll go mad and buy loads and then they'll be too big in a few weeks. (hopefully)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement