Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I accidentally cursed twice in front of my mam tonight and I’m still feeling a bit weird about it. Despite the fact that I’m 21 and can do and say what I like, it’s just not right swearing in front of my mam :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I accidentally cursed twice in front of my mam tonight and I’m still feeling a bit weird about it. Despite the fact that I’m 21 and can do and say what I like, it’s just not right swearing in front of my mam :o

My Dad when I was a teenager would say when I cursed 'Where did you hear that from?". He'd curse ever other day, casually like.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Wash your mouth out with soap Kitty 6 2 7 7

:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

It gets much easier! :pac::pac:

Not sure if getting sick, or tired, or ran too much and need to fuel my body. Guess I'll take some tablets, have a steak and go to bed to cover all bases (I wish)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Drove to the park and ride this morning, realised we're going out tonight so had to drive back to the house, drop off the car and walk back to the park and ride. Doh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I still find it strange that my sister swears in front of us now (19), I still think of here as about 12 ha.

Boom_Bap is right though, gets much much easier, as does cursing in general. Although maybe that's just a Dublin thing.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I still find it strange that my sister swears in front of us now (19), I still think of here as about 12 ha.

Boom_Bap is right though, gets much much easier, as does cursing in general. Although maybe that's just a Dublin thing.

I have absolutely no problem cursing in general, with my friends and that, but with my mam it’s just weird. She never cursed much in the house and still doesn’t, if I heard her say it a lot I’d probably do it a lot more with her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I'm nervous, all morning, about a fcuking yoga class. Get your sh1t together woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Chatty taxi driver has me more than TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for today - stop and go traffic lights, especially around construction works/road works. It's often the case that even when the light is green, traffic can't flow because of some digger/tractor blocking up the one lane for the traffic. Then you have the people from the other side who are getting frustrated because they are blocked because of the line of traffic from the other side. Utter chaos :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

A car suddenly stopped in front of me on the road alongside a row of parked cars. At first I thought they were letting someone get out but nothing happening. Maybe they are letting someone pull out of the shop, but no. They begin to indicate so I reversed back slightly in case they were going to try to shoehorn themselves in to a tight spot between 2 cars behind them. Nope, they had just decided they were parking on the bloody road, sure it's grand just throw on the indicator. Twat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    A car suddenly stopped in front of me on the road alongside a row of parked cars. At first I thought they were letting someone get out but nothing happening. Maybe they are letting someone pull out of the shop, but no. They begin to indicate so I reversed back slightly in case they were going to try to shoehorn themselves in to a tight spot between 2 cars behind them. Nope, they had just decided they were parking on the bloody road, sure it's grand just throw on the indicator. Twat!!

Indicator? Do they not know that the Irish signal for “I’m just leaving it here for a few minutes” is hazards, not one indicator? Particularly prevalent in small towns I find.

Muppets. Your car should be taken off you if you do either of the above. So inconsiderate of other road users.

Indicator? Do they not know that the Irish signal for “I’m just leaving it here for a few minutes” is hazards, not one indicator? Particularly prevalent in small towns I find.

Muppets. Your car should be taken off you if you do either of the above. So inconsiderate of other road users.

They couldn't even get that right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

During the high winds last weekend, just as I was heading to bed, the little door covering my neighbours electricity meter starting banging loudly off the wall as it wasn't shut properly. No problem, I went to get the little triangle gizmo that locks it from my tool box. Unfortunately there was no sign of it because, I suddenly remembered, my brother in law borrowed it about 4 months ago to read his meter. I think he has my step ladder too. Or does one of my sisters have that?

Before Xmas I lost some fascia off the roof. I had to call into a neighbour 3 times before he was home and able to return my 7M ladder to fix it.

I have no problem lending stuff to people but Jesus H Christ could ye not give it back without me having to go look for it. Do I have to keep a plant register to remember who has what?? It is the ignorance personified.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

TA that it's not friday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I somehow managed to send a PM to myself.....:o

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got soaked earlier while out and then as soon as I come in it stops :rolleyes: *cross face*
    I somehow managed to send a PM to myself.....:o

Normally I reserve this gif for homeo but

giphy.gif

:pac::pac:

Normally I reserve this gif for homeo but

:pac::pac:

But at least I was able to copy/paste and send to the right person........am.. I think

/stop digging now ch/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

No money for nurses pay rise......we need the money for the Children's hospital which will be staffed by........No one, cause they all went to Australia..

My best friend is fecking obsessed with the weather. Everything she’s sent me for the last few days has been weather related. I get it, it’s cold

• Advertisement

Don't stray into the Weather forum Kitty.....:pac:

My mother told me how cold it was approximately one million times yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm usually one to excuse grammar and spelling mistakes by online posters.. but.. whenever I read a post on a site like rip.ie that my "taughts" are with you it really annoys me.
    It seems to cheapen the sincerity of the offer of sympathy.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Its very cold today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

My best friend is fecking obsessed with the weather. Everything she’s sent me for the last few days has been weather related. I get it, it’s cold
    Don't stray into the Weather forum Kitty.....:pac:
    Rubberlegs wrote: »
    My mother told me how cold it was approximately one million times yesterday.

Did you see the news on tv3 (or whatever its called) at 5.30, up the Dublin Mountains saying why she brought the kids up, next thing snowball right in the mouth mid interview from the kid off camera view :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

My dog pooed in the neighbours garden.

The animal :)

Thankfully I had poop bags in the house.

Little fecker.

I ordered something online, and had a discount code, which I realised after I placed the order, I forgot to add to it and paid full price :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

One thing that gets me with the hazards is when the inside hazard is not visible so you think the vehicle is indicating to pull out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

I ordered something online, and had a discount code, which I realised after I placed the order, I forgot to add to it and paid full price :mad:

Happened to me before but got onto customer service and they sorted the discount. Worth a go?

• Advertisement

Happened to me before but got onto customer service and they sorted the discount. Worth a go?

I sent them an email straight away so hopefully they’ll be able to sort it. Just annoyed at my own stupidity :rolleyes::p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement