Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ladies do you know and should we let you know?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Disturbing? Creepy?

Ah come on will ya. It's a screen shot from my gopro as I was passing a completely unidentifiable person while cycling through the park. It's not like I was hiding in the bushes with a telescopic lens.

Mods, feel free to delete it if you think it's inappropriate in a thread about "women's underwear being visable through their transparent leggings".

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

AMKC wrote: »
    Its strange she does not have a skirt or a dress on
    Welcome to the world of cycling. It's mind-boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Lumen wrote:
    If a part of your body were to be photographed with no possible identifying features for context, and uploaded to the public web for people to comment on, is it still an invasion of privacy?

How so? There is very little expectation of a right of privacy in a public space.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Disturbing? Creepy?

Ah come on will ya. It's a screen shot from my gopro as I was passing a completely unidentifiable person while cycling through the park. It's not like I was hiding in the bushes with a telescopic lens.

Mods, feel free to delete it if you think it's inappropriate in a thread about "women's underwear being visable through their transparent leggings".

It’s a thread about that. Not a thread asking for people to post pictures of women’s underwear. Which you did. Ask your sister, wife, girlfriend, mother, daughter f they would be comfortable having a similar picture of them posted on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

daragh_ wrote: »
    It’s a thread about that. Not a thread asking for people to post pictures of women’s underwear. Which you did. Ask your sister, wife, girlfriend, mother, daughter f they would be comfortable having a similar picture of them posted on the internet?

I’d be a bit annoyed if someone did that to me to be fair. Even if I was not identifiable.

It’s not anyone’s place to do that.

Every day you see something Not to your taste , a bad shirt, a bad haircut, dodgy shorts, fat people, thin people, but it’s not anyone’s place to take photos and publish them to get a cheap laugh.

I find this thread very funny overall, OP’s dilemma, really witty replies what I’d label banter , however posting photos like that is a bit of a step too far and really not in the spirit of things.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

It's a truely creepy pic, and extremely worrying if someone can take it, post it and not see an issue with it. I find the reasoning behind it disturbing tbh, I keep thinking we've moved on beyond taking pics of women from behind of their unawares and posting them up for strangers to look at. Sleazy.
    Ew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

daragh_ wrote: »
    Yes - should have been more clear.

I think her reg plate is pretty clear, it's Y :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

nee wrote: »
    It's a truely creepy pic, and extremely worrying if someone can take it, post it and not see an issue with it. I find the reasoning behind it disturbing tbh, I keep thinking we've moved on beyond taking pics of women from behind of their unawares and posting them up for strangers to look at. Sleazy.
    Ew.

I removed the post due to abusive comment via pm. Just to clarify it wasn't as you described above as "taking a pic of a women from behind".

Anyway I'll let you get back to talking about women's underwear :)

I removed the post due to abusive comment via pm. Just to clarify it wasn't as you described above as "taking a pic of a women from behind".

Ah here report that ****, right or wrong you shouldn't be getting abusive PM's

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Why is this just about women on bikes? Size 20 women wearing size 10 leggings/lycra because they think its "thinning" should be banned period. There is only so much the male eye should be subjected to in one day
    Even lycra has its limits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Lumen wrote:
    Difficult to say. Can you post some pictures of yourself in a thong and see-through tights so we can judge?

Pm sent

Report abusive PM's.

Well it was taking a pic of a woman behind - you went through your footage and choose that shot, which is technically taking the pic of the woman from behind.

The premise of this thread irritated the fcuk out of me from the start so i stayed out of it and now it's descended into sexist bull shyte. So very, very disappointing, and depressingly predictible.
    fritzelly wrote: »
    Why is this just about women on bikes? Size 20 women wearing size 10 leggings/lycra because they think its "thinning" should be banned period. There is only so much the male eye should be subjected to in one day
    Even lycra has its limits
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭plodder

Grassey wrote: »
    How so? There is very little expectation of a right of privacy in a public space.
    It's debatable. What right of privacy did the GAA player that I mentioned have? He had no right of action against anyone who saw his lad pop out, but he did against the newspaper that published an image after the event.

One way of looking at it could be like data protection. What is the purpose of having a camera on a bike? It's to catch incidents of dangerous driving for the most part, not to capture embarrassing photos of other cyclists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Well it was taking a pic of a woman behind - you went through your footage and choose that shot, which is technically taking the pic of the woman from behind.

It's the use of technology allowing you to do something discreetly which would be challenged/be seen as grossly inappropriate if done overtly.

In effect the go pro and reviewing the footage after is the substitute for a telescopic lens in the bushes.

ford2600 wrote: »
    It's the use of technology allowing you to do something discreetly which would be challenged/be seen as grossly inappropriate if done overtly.

In effect the go pro and reviewing the footage after is the substitute for a telescopic lens in the bushes.

My point exactly!

Let's ban all street photography and photo-journalism. Who's with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Ah jesus lads would you relax! It was in poor taste but nothing to be getting your knickers in a twist about(see what I did there)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Grassey wrote: »
    Let's ban all street photography and photo-journalism. Who's with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Report abusive PM's.

The premise of this thread irritated the fcuk out of me from the start so i stayed out of it and now it's descended into sexist bull shyte. So very, very disappointing, and depressingly predictible.

This thread was originally what I would describe as a bit of good natured harmless banter and in fairness the lads all chipped in and took the p out of themselves. So no harm done.

The photo was not really in in the spirit of banter but but then it went downhill to nasty sexism. There seems to a core of people on these boards who revel in that and ruin any banter and interaction between the sexes. I’m only noticing the pattern now. Boards need to stamp this toxic behaviour out.

Anyway, thanks to this thread, I invested in some new Lycra leggings so OP and any concerned citizens are safe from my full moon or half moon if I’m ahead on the road !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭avalidusername

I love when I'm on me holiers zooming along on a rented bike, after eating a hape of stuff my stomach doesn't like, but dya know what? Don't give a shiiiiiite cos me apartment has one of those bum washer things, oh so posh! Think it's called a kettle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭saccades

Report abusive PM's.

Ah, that's a depressing and disappointingly predictable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,364 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I tend to notice a lot about people's clothing in general, but I've never noticed anyone's cycling leggings, male or female as being see-through. I'll have to do my best not to be leering at cyclist asses on Tuesday.

I have had the dilemma about one of the lads in work, who's baggy Dad jeans leave a lot to be desired - about 100m of builder's crack on show, and he sits right beside the main entrance, so just about everyone has to walk past his desk. Should I say or should I go now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Should I say or should I go now?
    smO5osr.gif

(Unless he has the capacity to fire you)

I tend to notice a lot about people's clothing in general, but I've never noticed anyone's cycling leggings, male or female as being see-through. I'll have to do my best not to be leering at cyclist asses on Tuesday.

I've noticed it more often commuting since reading this thread. My eyes thank you OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    As a regular commuter cyclist it is easy to spot the people who are trying out commuting by bicycle. Some have the latest gear or using other sports gear. Many women seem to use old leggings which makes sense I guess but there is a problem. Today I saw 4 women on my journey and I didnt know whether to say anything or not. Their legging are completely transparent when cycling. I don't mean a little visibility but colour, pattern and label. Ladies do you know or would you like some heads up? If they were people I knew I would let the know but telling a stranger seem dangerous.

Are these the Panties of Damocles hanging before him?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Reminds me of this guy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

Rechuchote wrote: »
    A photo was passed around the newsroom years ago; every man nodded and said "Nice picture!" and every woman looked, looked again and hooted with laughter. It was one of the great Irish marathon runners, whose shorts had failed to contain his manliness. The men just hadn't noticed; it was the first thing the women saw: Face - feet - package - hoooot!

https://sidespin.kinja.com/world-cup-pool-standings-days-20-21-1601583368

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

The last thing i expected to see on this thread was Peter Beardsleys penis.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

The last thing i expected to see on this thread was Peter Beardsleys penis.

I do apologise. You're right, no one should see Peter Beardsley's penis, not even Mrs. Beardsley

• Advertisement
Advertisement