Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Omackeral wrote: »
    Perhaps... or perhaps these scumbags that he’s going against have South Asian heritage and just happen to be from places where this type of carry on has been somewhat normalised and accepted. It’s not a race thing, it’s a cultural thing. It’s an ideology thing.

Sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

He doesn't seem that stupid to me to be honest.

Well he was just arrested. So he is either an idiot who got himself arrested, or he did on purpose for some reason.
    Be worth the risk though if it means saving a gang of them. Maybe a favour someone cannot refuse to do.

Its huge risk and to cause a mistrial is very hard. In this case, one of the reasons there could be a mistrial is due to Robinson high profile.

If this was some nobody streaming on facebook live, no one would know about it at all.

Perhaps... or perhaps these scumbags that he’s going against have South Asian heritage and just happen to be from places where this type of carry on has been somewhat normalised and accepted. It’s not a race thing, it’s a cultural thing. It’s an ideology thing.

Plenty of cases in the UK, of people who don't have South Asian heritage, that get ignored by Tommy and his fan boys on here all the time. The difference in reaction based solely on race is pretty obvious, when it comes to these threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭terryduff12

so it is just a coincidence that he only goes after non-white people?

Haven't people said he was anti Irish years ago also, think were white for the most part.

Haven't people said he was anti Irish years ago also, think were white for the most part.

Racists and bigots are more than capable of hating different groups at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Its all alt right

wes wrote: »
    Well he was just arrested. So he is either an idiot who got himself arrested, or he did on purpose for some reason.

SO what do think that reason might be? That he causes a mistrial, gets the lads off and gets himself locked up to become some sort of martyr?

He's then known as the lad who got abusers off the hook. I doubt that's what he's aiming for to be honest. At worst I'd say it was self promotion for his youtube views or whatever

Its huge risk and to cause a mistrial is very hard. In this case, one of the reasons there could be a mistrial is due to Robinson high profile.

If this was some nobody streaming on facebook live, no one would know about it at all.

That makes sense.

The wife cant speak English they rely on him, isn't there a whole community that live beside her that could help her. Must use that excuse if I'm ever up in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Hammar

It's always good to see British far-right fascist scum get their just deserts.

Plenty of cases in the UK, of people who don't have South Asian heritage, that get ignored by Tommy and his fan boys on here all the time. The difference in reaction based solely on race is pretty obvious, when it comes to these threads.

Didn't he grow up in a town that has seen a massive increase in the South Asian heritage population? Maybe it's cause close to his heart..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

How the **** do people think any of this could cause a mistrial, when none of the social media campaigns, hashtags, or press when it's anyone famous/infamous does so.

Paddy Jackson shouldn't have bother spending all that money on lawyers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sure.

Fantastic retort. Points well disputed.

SO what do think that reason might be? That he causes a mistrial, gets the lads off and gets himself locked up to become some sort of martyr?

He's then known as the lad who got abusers off the hook. I doubt that's what he's aiming for to be honest. At worst I'd say it was self promotion for his youtube views or whatever

May very well be self promotion. Still very stupid thing to do, when you have a suspended sentence for doing this kind of thing before.

Varik wrote: »
    How the **** do people think any of this could cause a mistrial, when none of the social media campaigns, hashtags, or press when it's anyone famous/infamous does so.

Paddy Jackson shouldn't have bother spending all that money no lawyers.

From what I have gathered you would have needed someone like George Hook to have got involved for Paddy Jackson to have got off.

Didn't he grow up in a town that has seen a massive increase in the South Asian heritage population? Maybe it's cause close to his heart..

Apparently, his sister converted to Islam, and one of his best mates as well. No way to confirm any of it, as there just stories people spread on the Internet. There really is no way of knowing why Tommy does what he does.

May very well be self promotion. Still very stupid thing to do, when you have a suspended sentence for doing this kind of thing before.

I'd agree that breaking the law with a suspended sentence hanging over you is stupid.

He’s fairly outspoken about what he perceives as the Islamification of parts of the UK. These cases feed into what he’s on about. Also, he feels they’ve been somewhat brushed under the rug by authorities in Telford etc.

Just an aside, you’ve used the term “fanboy” now about half a dozen times in the last day or two yet you’re the most prolific poster. Are you an anti-fanboy?!

Apparently, his sister converted to Islam, and one of his best mates as well. No way to confirm any of it, as there just stories people spread on the Internet. There really is no way of knowing why Tommy does what he does.

You'd probably have to walk a mile in his shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

He’s fairly outspoken about what he perceives as the Islamification of parts of the UK. These cases feed into what he’s on about. Also, he feels they’ve been somewhat brushed under the rug by authorities in Telford etc.

Just an aside, you’ve used the term “fanboy” now about half a dozen times in the last day or two yet you’re the most prolific poster. Are you an anti-fanboy?!

There's no logical support for Tommy's actions . Its anti logic, one might put it.

There's no logical support for Tommy's actions . Its anti logic, one might put it.

Maybe not here. Not yet anyway. Over there living in and amongst it? Maybe...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,034 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

No bother with people slamming Tommy.

However when yer happier to see him in jail then Peados then it you who needs looks I'm mirror

• Advertisement

You'd probably have to walk a mile in his shoes.

Exactly if you changed the Muslim religion to Catholicism and he was talking about it would he still be as hated by the powers that be.

Not the only cases to be brushed under the rug by the UK either btw. These cases (and others) are now thankfully being prosecuted. One would think Robinson would do the smart thing and leave well enough alone until the cases are complete, but instead he got himself arrested.

The fact does remain that a lot of people are more interested in case on the basis on who did the crime, more than anything else.

You got plenty of post on here now yourself.

I could less about Robinson. It more the absurdity of people defending someone who got a suspended sentence, getting in trouble again for doing the same thing got him the suspended sentence in the first place, and completely ignore the chance that his actions could cause a mistrial, and instead floating conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Tommy. I think he intentionally stirs the pot a lot, but he also did bring attention to some cases.

I don't think anyone should be put in prison for expressing their views. Freedom of speech is an important part of a healthy society.

Edit: Upon reading more, I accept he was arrested for contempt of court.

No bother with people slamming Tommy.

However when yer happier to see him in jail then Peados then it you who needs looks I'm mirror

who has said that?

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Tommy. I think he intentionally stirs the pot a lot, but he also did bring attention to some cases.

I don't think anyone should be put in prison for expressing their views. Freedom of speech is an important part of a healthy society.

Sure I agree, but that didn't happen here. He was under a suspended sentence and broke the terms of it, hence his arrest.

that isn't what he was locked up for. He was locked up for breaking explicit conditions of his suspended sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

There we go again, the famous “brown people” comment only ever espoused by the left leaning folks. Anti-Islamist does not equate to anti-brown. You can agree with some, all or none of what Tommy says it still doesn’t change that.

I know you love this line of reasoning but it's a load of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,034 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

who has said that?

We can play Dumb and Dumber if you like.

But

From just reading posts it's clear where people's concerns are more aligned to. Normally usual few to be fair.

But

From just reading posts it's clear where people's concerns are more aligned to. Normally usual few to be fair.

so nobody then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭AfterLife

But

The only people I've seen show any concern for the victims in this entire thread are the ones opposing Tommy and his antics potentially causing a mistral.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement