Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

thebull85 wrote: »
    Why would there be a mistrial?

Witness and jury tampering. Prejudicing the jury.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Where is the witness and jury tampering in the video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    You just wanted to run your ignorant mouth again.
    Mod note: JohnMc1, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Mod note: JohnMc1, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

So your looking for a mistrial?

Why do you keep asking this bs question?
    Anything else to add.
    Wtf are ya at?

• Advertisement

Never happened, care to post the video?
    Tr streams so people can't post bs. Care to share your info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

thebull85 wrote: »
    Why?
    Mod note: thebull85, don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Jesus Christ there must be thousands of English girls raped by these bastards.

This is the society the powers that be in England/the U.K wants, Rees-Mogg's or George Osborne's daughter in prestigious schools and Universities and everybody else's daughters swigging cider down the bus station whilst (step)dad's in Wetherspoons.

The far right over there barking up the wrong tree and blaming the wrong people as always.

dd972 wrote: »
    This is the society the powers that be in England/the U.K wants, Rees-Mogg's or George Osborne's daughter in prestigious schools and Universities and everybody else's daughters swigging cider down the bus station whilst (step)dad's in Wetherspoons.

The far right over there barking up the wrong tree and blaming the wrong people as always.
    I'd love for you to expand on this post

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

very interesting synopsis, covers a lot of background

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3PImtnJwAM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

dd972 wrote: »

It was ever thus. A basic Marxist observation but absolutely valid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

If Tommy Robinson was saying the exact same things about Christianity as he does about Islam the left would be giving him a pat on the back but because its their beloved religion of peace he is crucified.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mutant z wrote: »
    If Tommy Robinson was saying the exact same things about Christianity as he does about Islam the left would be giving him a pat on the back but because its their beloved religion of peace he is crucified.

Intentional?! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

The scumbag British authorities would be happy to see TR murdered by Muslim gangs in prison.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

The scumbag British authorities would be happy to see TR murdered by Muslim gangs in prison.

Brits worry about Donald Trump when their own nation is turning into dystopian nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

And more than a few on Boards would also be happy. Apparently Tommy's the real enemy. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

A sad state of affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Brits worry about Donald Trump when their own nation is turning into dystopian nightmare.

Not just brits, rest of Europe is more interested in disparaging Trump and feeling superior rather than looking at themselves and wondering why established parties are suffering their worst results in decade, losing to new hard right parties, old nationalist parties who until recently were irrelevant,or having to spend months in negotiation just to form a government.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Sargon speaks about Tommy carefully and what he faces in jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Sand wrote: »
    You have to hand it to the UK police. They're very good at silencing political dissent. Not so good at protecting British children from grooming gangs.
    Yeah, because letting the accused go free from a mistrial would have been the best outcome. I have no idea why Tommy Robinson's biggest fans seem so intent on sabotaging trials for child abusers, but for some reason they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,143 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Billy86 wrote: »
    Yeah, because letting the accused go free from a mistrial would have been the best outcome. I have no idea why Tommy Robinson's biggest fans seem so intent on sabotaging trials for child abusers, but for some reason they do.

we even had somebody post the full list of names of the accused despite the media blackout ordered by the court. It is like they almost want a mistrial. thankfully the mods nuked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Billy86 wrote: »

Yeah, its bizarre to say the least. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Yaxley-Lennon wants a mistrial, so that his supporters can start some trouble, and for him to make hay out of a situation that he himself caused.

This thread clearly shows there are plenty of useful idiots, who will don't give a crap about fair trials, or justice for the victims, who will be happy to oblige.

Honestly, there is something profoundly wrong with a lot of supporters of Yaxley-Lennon.

I am even seeing some common sense from right wing types elsewhere online, who realize that Robinson is damn idiot and brought his arrest on himself. I guess we mostly have the useful idiots on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

we even had somebody post the full list of names of the accused despite the media blackout ordered by the court. It is like they almost want a mistrial. thankfully the mods nuked it.

And if a mistrial happened because of something Tommy or his supporters did, it would of course be the governments fault according to some here.

They remind me of the priest in father ted who rips stuff apart shouting "fecking cowboys!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

we even had somebody post the full list of names of the accused despite the media blackout ordered by the court.

Really? FFS, ****ing idiots, could not only cause a mistrial, but it could also expose the victims.

Seriously, there are some god damn bellends on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,143 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

wes wrote: »
    Yeah, its bizarre to say the least. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Yaxley-Lennon wants a mistrial, so that his supporters can start some trouble, and for him to make hay out of a situation that he himself caused.

This thread clearly shows there are plenty of useful idiots, who will don't give a crap about fair trials, or justice for the victims, who will be happy to oblige.

Honestly, there is something profoundly wrong with a lot of supporters of Yaxley-Lennon.

I am even seeing some common sense from right wing types elsewhere online, who realize that Robinson is damn idiot and brought his arrest on himself. I guess we mostly have the useful idiots on here.

Well he did bring it on himself. One of the conditions of his suspended sentence was that he did not attend court cases and call defendants "pedophiles" while the trial was ongoing. Clearly he cant help himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

More likely he'll exit the prison walking funny with an arse like a clown's pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Any not Anglo-Saxon.

But particularly Arabs.

Why don't you do a bit of research before you post next time.
    Most of the muslim population in Britain are not of Arabic descent but Pakistani and Bangladeshi.
    And you are the ones being racist if you claim all muslims are Arabs.
    To a certain extent In agree with you, but he could do without they look the next Twitter Pakistani jokes and mortgage fraud.

If a Muslim had the same rapsheet Tommy has, Tommy works be demanding his deportarion on the grounds of immorality.

Funny then that he seems to be able to talk to such muslims as Maajid Nawaz, an ex muslim extemist who has done jail for his extremist links.
    Hell here is a picture of them together.
    Fooking hell there is even another muslim in the picture as well.

Hasan-Lennon-Nawaz-and-Carroll.jpg
    Grayson wrote: »
    Even when it risks identifying the victims? Even when those victims are minors?

Then why did they show pictures of the Telford, Rotherham, Newcastle grooming gang perpetrators ?

Usually the ban on naming paedophiles is in the case where they have abused family members.
    Grayson wrote: »
    Others have already posted up racist tweets if his.

I just saw one Pakistani joke.
    Feckin hell if that is it, then most people sometime have been racist I bet.
    And especially so if you grew up prior to 2000.
    I must say I'm very shocked to read that supporters of Tommy are more interested in ogling at the photos of paedophiles than protecting the identies of their victims. Tommy himself is not like that at all.

Again with this line.
    In every case of the grooming gangs the perps have had their mugshots plastered all over the papers.
    Not that the Guardian or BBC would be rushing to do so. :rolleyes:
    Odhinn wrote: »
    So it is about race?

Yes it fooking is because the muslim grooming gangs, predominantly of Pakistani origin, targeted white working class girls.
    Some of them did target Sikhs, but their community soon sorted them out.

I think it is now gotten to the stage where the white community are going to have to likewise.

After all the police service and state authorities have refused to do so and if anything targeted the parents of the victims.
    Hell the Telford police chief was quoted as saying the number of victims was being sensationalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

Yeah, what Robinson did here is beyond simply being idiotic. It was downright reckless and irresponsible.

He could have potentially caused a mistrial and also could have exposed the victims.

Both are unacceptable to me and he should be punished for doing what he did and if he's got a suspended sentence from before then what can you do? He's earned the punishment here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Looks like the reporting ban is still in place

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/28/tommy-robinson-arrested-7583101/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Rochdale, Rotherham, Newcastle, Bradford, Oxford, Telford and now Leeds.

BTW there are also ongoing cases being investigated in Stratford, London, Stockton on Tees, Sheffield.

Hundreds of perpetrators - child rapists, 90 something percent of them muslims, who have left thousands victims of gang rape and sexual slavery.
    And usually the victims are white poor working class young girls.
    Now if that isn't racist targeting then what is?

And yet the problem for some people is one working class guy from Luton who was a football hooligan, had a dodgy mortgage and likes to film things on his phone. :rolleyes:

Britain is fooked and by the looks of a fair few of the spanners around here so is Ireland.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement