Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfers 2018

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Was meant to post it last night. Did Orica not offer him a contract?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

godtabh wrote: »
    Was meant to post it last night. Did Orica not offer him a contract?

He'll be 38 at the business-portion of next season, I'm quite surprised BMC were in for him myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Gerrans has had an extremely poor 2017 season thus far.

2nd place in the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race (does that even really count?), a few podium spots in the Tour of Norway along with 2nd place in GC, and a 3rd place on Stage 1 of the Tour of the Basque Country (in which two other Aussies were ahead of him :pac:).

Interesting quote from Gerrans in that BMC press release:
    I’m really excited about the position I have been offered in the team. I always saw myself spending the last period of my career in more of a road captain role and passing on my experiences. I’m looking forward to contributing to the team as both a support rider and leader when called upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Anyone read any rumours on Philip Deignan?
    Hasn't renewed with Sky and no announcement of moving elsewhere. Had a poor season too. Lots of DNFs after the Giro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Gerrans has had an extremely poor 2017 season thus far.

2nd place in the Cadel Evans Great Ocean Road Race (does that even really count?), a few podium spots in the Tour of Norway along with 2nd place in GC, and a 3rd place on Stage 1 of the Tour of the Basque Country (in which two other Aussies were ahead of him :pac:).

Interesting quote from Gerrans in that BMC press release:

Strange this as Orica let Matthews go to keep Gerrans ...why ? And now they have let Gerrans go

Another nail in the coffin of Nico geting a chance at a one day race or uphill type stage race ....mind you they are good mates

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Anyone read any rumours on Philip Deignan?
    Hasn't renewed with Sky and no announcement of moving elsewhere. Had a poor season too. Lots of DNFs after the Giro.

But SKY have not finished their signings yet ?

They coud keep Deignan dependent on who they sign .....He can still climb well and can come in handy if one of the others i injured esp for a Giro or Vuelta

I would love to see him at Aquablue ....see the resurgence of Warrbase and Denfil
    ...Phil coud get to race and go for stages

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

MPFGLB wrote: »
    But SKY have not finished their signings yet ?

They coud keep Deignan dependent on who they sign .....He can still climb well and can come in handy if one of the others i injured esp for a Giro or Vuelta

I would love to see him at Aquablue ....see the resurgence of Warrbase and Denfil
    ...Phil coud get to race and go for stages

Ah, I'd presumed they had. He's the only rider on their roster who hasn't renewed or announced a move. He's done trojan work for Sky in the Giro and Vuelta over the years. A lot of it with no recognition.
    Would love to see him at Aquablue too, he deserves more than the 2 wins he has.

New Movistar kit for 2018 , I quite like it.

mov_kit_670.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Enfilade wrote: »
    New Movistar kit for 2018 , I quite like it.

I'm not quite sure whether I like it. It's a nice shade of blue, okay, but with so many other blues going, is it a little nondescript? At least with this years one the big green M on the back was really obvious.

• Advertisement

Toms Skujins heading to Trek next season. Have to say I'm happy to even see him back on a bike after that could have been really nasty after that spill at the tour of california.

In other news the minimum wage for WT level riders has increased to 41k no such luck for the ladies who have no minimum still :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Enfilade wrote: »
    In other news the minimum wage for WT level riders has increased to 41k no such luck for the ladies who have no minimum still :mad:

If ever there was an example of how it is such a club for the boys. You can have yours increased lads but ladies keep quiet down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Phil Deignan extends with Sky
    It was a very easy decision. I've been part of the team now for four years, I've settled in nicely and I've made so many good friends on the team. I feel almost part of the family now, so it was an easy decision to stay.

I think my aims will be similar to this year, and just trying to be consistently good from February onwards. Being able to do the job I'm asked to do, and hopefully have a solid Giro and work towards that race again as a big objective. But mainly consistency and being able to do my job.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭brocbrocach

That's a pity on a sporting level. Obviously he has to look after the bottom line but it's sad to see a Vuelta top 10 so underutilised.

Advertisement