Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter clothes

• 30-12-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Would you spend 200 euro on a jacket for the winter? A first cousin of mine is a builder who told me that he has two different types of working jackets worth 200 euro each, his boots are worth the same and trousers worth around 150

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭dmc17

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    Would you spend 200 euro on a jacket for the winter? A first cousin of mine is a builder who told me that he has two different types of working jackets worth 200 euro each, his boots are worth the same and trousers worth around 150

If I was going to be spending 9 hours a day standing in miserable cold weather then yes, yes I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

A builder with €750! Have NAMA been told?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Here's your problem right here. Builder's tell you a lot of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Here's your problem right here. Builder's tell you a lot of things.

He wasn't asking me to buy them off him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

It's a builders quote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭dmc17

It's a builders quote coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Depends where he bought them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Bought a Merrill winter coat in TK Maxx 2 years ago. €200 reduced to €90. Worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,769 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Why wouldn't you spend that money? If you worked in any other trade/company wouldn't you buy as good as you could afford for your needs?

I've tools that cost me almost €500 - shocking, you could get the same yoke for €100. Yeah, but mine works every day without fail, it's safe and I can easily get spare parts for it any day of the week. Work clothes are no different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 423 ✭✭The Bould Rabbit

A first cousin of mine is a builder who told me that he has two different types of working jackets worth 200 euro each.......

As long as the top of his arse can still be observed peering out from under the jacket, that's the main thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

That's the dole for ya......😉

Advertisement