Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CARNAGE. I'VE A EXTRA PLACE!!!

• 27-07-2000 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi d00d... Listen. My lanlord is looking for somebody to rent his appartments. Its in the IFSC Area. Dublin1 that is. REALLY good appartment which will get NTL internetconnection within 4 monhts. Its a 2bed and a 1bed appartment. The rents are 950 for the 2bed and 800-850 for hte 1bed. The area has a security guard 24/7 and its totally newbuilt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Carnage

Heh, cheers for the offer man, but i'm looking on the southside, and i just don't have that much money.... holy sh*t that's expensive.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

What's this now?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Omi - you must be earning a fking mint to be living there - one of the most expensive places in the city to live in!!!

I live way out of town (which sux at times), but I'm only paying £210 a month...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Is the landlord renting or selling at those prices?Do you get to own the place after a few years?

£850 a month for a 1bed flat!

WTF-talk about a ****ing rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I'm paying $1380 (IR 1,153.97) a month for 1 bedroom apartment. But it's probably better in what you get for that compared to Dublin housing? (ie. loads of extras)

although I thought this was cheap?

What is the average prices for various housing in Dublin?

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 27-07-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

Originally posted by Hobbes:
    I'm paying $1380 (IR 1,153.97) a month for 1 bedroom apartment. But it's probably better in what you get for that compared to Dublin housing? (ie. loads of extras)

although I thought this was cheap?

ouch!

What is the average prices for various housing in Dublin?

I'm paying 300 squids a month for a nice large room in a 4bedroom luxury house in Terenure. Bills etc. on top of that.

I thought it was a bit much considering how far out it was, but it really is a nice place, fully furnished, down to microwave, kettle, toaster, tv and even cutlery n crap already there.

spod

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by spod:
    ouch

The place I'm in is unfurnished but you do get...
    - Washer/dryer in apartment.
    - Dishwasher.
    - Self cleaning oven, gas top.
    - All rooms are Cable/Internet ready.
    - Air Con/Heating part of rent.
    - Walk in closet.
    - Carpetted.

downstairs...
    - Free parking (if outdoors, indoors cost money)
    - Free Sauna
    - Free Gym
    - Free Jacuzzi
    - Business center (fax machines and computers)
    - Club house
    - Outdoor pool
    - BBQ areas (for parties)

erm, think that's it. Oh yea they have a free party once a month with free beer and food.

Only downsides I can think of is they have really strict rules on what you can and can't do and that it's not near to anything. So I'll be buying my shopping online. biggrin.gif

I was thinking of getting a maid once a week as well but I need to figure out how much that is going to cost. frown.gif I need to buy furniture beforehand anyway.

I have to pay bills like electricity+stuff but I was told it shouldn't exceed a 100 a month (I've bugetted for more just in case).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭OmiOmi

Well... I only pay 750 for my appartment. And its me and my becoming wife who live there. So you could say it cost 375 each for living near the city centre. The place is really great. It was furnished with GREAT furnitures. It was carpeted, all that modz you need and like I said.... NTL is putting in CABLE DAMNNNITT!! =D

Advertisement