Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Former British minister proposes implementing food shortages for Ireland

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Just, if you're a Milesian, don't expect her to ask you out for, eh, dinner ...

What is "Milsean"?

Is this from The lord of the rings or some other crap?

Roon 101 for my and others posts. Feck.. 1984 is a novel not a manual! Politics 2.0 is room 101. Re-education!

prinzeugen wrote: »
    What is "Milsean"?

Is this from The lord of the rings or some other crap?

Roon 101 for my and others posts. Feck.. 1984 is a novel not a manual! Politics 2.0 is room 101. Re-education!

It always amazes me how somebody can misspell a word that's written straight above them as they reply to that post.

As for the complex task of googling what a Milesian is, try this:

Milesians

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

She never said they should starve Ireland. Did anyone actually read the artice???

She said that in the event of a no deal britex, Ireland COULD suffer as much as the UK and that it should have been made clearer during the negotiations and hammered home to Ireland.

As usual the romoaners are twisting words to make it look like she is blackmailing Ireland. At no point has anyone said "give us a deal or we will starve Ireland"

Nobody. But hey, dont let the truth get in the way of a good headline!

She suggested using the possibility of food shortages in Ireland as leverage towards getting the EU and Ireland to drop the backstop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

steddyeddy wrote: »
    She suggested using the possibility of food shortages in Ireland as leverage towards getting the EU and Ireland to drop the backstop.

Exactly. At no point did she say the UK will block food from entering Ireland as some have suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

She never said they should starve Ireland. Did anyone actually read the artice???

She said that in the event of a no deal britex, Ireland COULD suffer as much as the UK and that it should have been made clearer during the negotiations and hammered home to Ireland.

As usual the romoaners are twisting words to make it look like she is blackmailing Ireland. At no point has anyone said "give us a deal or we will starve Ireland"

Nobody. But hey, dont let the truth get in the way of a good headline!

I thought it was fairly obvious there was humour meant in the op. Unfortunately it seems someone has changed the thread title from the original. I think we are all well aware that Britain can't starve us. That's what makes it amusing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement