Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should Dublin ban Burqas and Hijabs?

1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Corb_lund

Dannyriver wrote: »
    Jesus , Mary and Joseph wait until they all have kids the place will be overrun with the feckers, they ll be putting forward candidates for government ,looking for civil rights, in the Dail, ****ing legislating, banning bacon, setting up rape gangs , not allowing anyone to drink, allah left right and centre. Mosques on every corner, Mullah's coming out of our ears. We'll be ghettoized worse than Sweden, All out Sharia law I tell you. Gozunda s right we need to sort out the human rights of these women immediately. The Burka must go, and it must go now.

There are clearly more than 63k, the last census was a joke in how many people didn't fill it out (I was living in a right tip at the time and saw first hand most people just ignored it)

And seeing that gender is 50:50 you've got 30k+ who statistically are younger and who will have substantially higher than average amount of children (and have already started) so even in the absence of any more immigration (which seems the opposite path the gov is taking) means that we're going to be substantially higher by next census.

Europe has been betrayed by this fact.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/29/muslim-population-in-europe-could-more-than-double

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Jesus , Mary and Joseph wait until they all have kids the place will be overrun with the feckers, they ll be putting forward candidates for government ,looking for civil rights, in the Dail, ****ing legislating, banning bacon, setting up rape gangs , not allowing anyone to drink, allah left right and centre. Mosques on every corner, Mullah's coming out of our ears. We'll be ghettoized worse than Sweden, All out Sharia law I tell you. Gozunda s right we need to sort out the human rights of these women immediately. The Burka must go, and it must go now.

Oh look more hyperbole versus census figures Lol ....

But do ignore the figures are nothing more than the reply to the hillarious 'eight' comment as espoused by your friend Donjon above

CSO figures to go off into another irrelevant rant??? Really?

Is that really the best you can do?
    Please try harder Danny- it's really getting a bit repetitive...

Genuine question danny - what is it about gender based oppression and related issues that are a big joke for you?

Hey even Muslims are standing up against this issue. Did you not read this? No? Why is that danny? A bit more of a fundamentalist viewpoint perhaps than yer letting on?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6044481/Senior-British-Imam-backs-Boris-Johnson-burqa-row.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

gozunda wrote: »
    Oh look more hyperbole versus census figures Lol ....

But do ignore the figures are nothing more than the reply to the hillarious 'eight' comment as espoused by your friend Donjon above

CSO figures to go off into another irrelevant rant??? Really?

Is that really the best you can do?
    Please try harder Danny- it's really getting a bit repetitive...

Genuine question danny - what is it about gender based oppression and related issues that are a big joke for you?

Hey even Muslims are standing up against this issue. Did you not read this? No? Why is that danny? A bit more of a fundamentalist viewpoint perhaps than yer letting on?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6044481/Senior-British-Imam-backs-Boris-Johnson-burqa-row.html

https://www.standard.co.uk/fashion/news/forget-hats-balaclavas-are-the-most-stylish-way-to-stay-warm-in-the-snow-a3777991.html

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Excellent rebuttal Danny.

(Actually, the irony of the link text is brilliant: "balaclava...stylish way to stay warm in the snow")

Excellent rebuttal Danny.

(Actually, the irony of the link text is brilliant: "balaclava...stylish way to stay warm in the snow")

Thank you Roger I thought so too :D

• Advertisement

Ah even more simplistic reductionism!

So far We've done - geography, discotechs, photography - differences between descriptive and literal language for time, and now let's look at some B listers opinion on what they constitute a fashion lol!

Danny I have to hand it to you - your approach to the subject is certainly unique but unfortunately is as about much use a chocolate teapot... ;)

Ah even more simplistic reductionism!

So far We've done - geography, discotechs, photography - differences between descriptive and literal language for time, and now let's look at some B listers opinion on what they constitute a fashion lol!

Danny I have to hand it to you - your approach to the subject is certainly unique but unfortunately is as about much use a chocolate teapot... ;)

Thank you Gozunda your negative assessments of my opinions means a lot and is further confirmation of my open mindedness and basic human decency. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

Thank you Gozunda your negative assessments of my opinions means a lot and is further confirmation of my open mindedness and basic human decency. :)

Can you stop tearing strips off each other?
    Get back to topic please,
    Otherwise we would All appreciate it if you opened your own thread for arguing with each other!!!

Get back to topic please, Otherwise we would All appreciate it if you opened your own thread for arguing with each other!!!

I completly agree about bringing it back to the discusion btw. It's not been easy. Anyway enough about yerman and the ego.
    He is on ignore ...

It looks like it's only a matter of time before EU wide legislation on this issue is brought in imo

See:

https://www.dw.com/en/full-face-veil-ban-how-laws-differ-across-europe/a-44049185

Get back to topic please,
    Otherwise we would All appreciate it if you opened your own thread for arguing with each other!!!

All in good spirit no? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

It looks like it's only a matter of time before EU wide legislation on this issue is brought in imo

See:

https://www.dw.com/en/full-face-veil-ban-how-laws-differ-across-europe/a-44049185

The full face cover should definately be banned.
    I think the headdress cover should also be banned in schools.
    I think it singles out young muslim girls and, possibly prevents them from integrating , after all most schools nowdays are multi denominational.

Advertisement