Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supernatural - Season 9 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Good episode. Homeless Castiel is entertaining. Of course April was evil, honestly, sometimes I'm not sure why even bother casting women on this show. 'I had my angel blade', oh man. :pac: Barth and co. could be interesting, maybe a little cardboard, but we'll give them time. Live streaming pastor, alright, maybe they caught that connection a little easily. I like how Sam/Ezekiel transitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That may have been my favourite episode of ever... Human Castiel is the best

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Fantastic episode. Human Cas is amazing, I had some "oh God, what?!" moments. Once again showing why I need to see Misha Collins in everything. The end of it broke my heart a little though, I'm not sure about Ezekiel still. Has there ever been a 'decent' angel who's survived for more than four or five episodes? Gabriel, Balthazar, all dead.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Great episode alright. I'm gutted they're kicking Cas out again, it's like calling over a puppy with a treat only to kick it in the face.

I think Ezekiel is definitely up to no good, and I wonder if he's actually in control all the time and only pretending to be Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

stevenmu wrote: »
    Great episode alright. I'm gutted they're kicking Cas out again, it's like calling over a puppy with a treat only to kick it in the face.

I think Ezekiel is definitely up to no good, and I wonder if he's actually in control all the time and only pretending to be Sam.

I've thought about it but they're deliberately using the flashing baby blue eyes. He seems too nice and helpful to be good unless he's the new Bobby-ish replacement?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've thought about it but they're deliberately using the flashing baby blue eyes. He seems too nice and helpful to be good unless he's the new Bobby-ish replacement?

I want him to be good, but there's just something that tells me he isn't. Now, if he'd been a woman I'd automatically assume he was evil. Oh, SPN.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I've thought about it but they're deliberately using the flashing baby blue eyes.
    True, but we've seen demons doing an excellent job of impersonating people they have possessed, and they seem to be able to control the eye thing. They could be using the flashing blue eyes to throw Dean, and us, off the scent.

Another really good episode. Every episode with Charlie has been good, and this was no exception. It was a lot lighter than the last few episodes, apart from the whole Zeke saving Charlie thing.

When I saw the trailer last week I was kinda hoping they'd end up in Oz for the episode. That's a massive opportunity lost in my book. That being said it was a strong premise with what they actually went with! It'd cost a fortune to make the set for Oz too so I can understand.

Still though I can't help but feel we were deprived seeing Dean and Cas for that matter interact with the wonderful Oz. Think of all the lolz that could've been had :pac:

Perhaps controversially I'm not a Charlie fan, I just feel they're trying too hard to make sure we "like" her character. I was hoping she
    was actually dead
    but I guess it'll segway into Sam's ever growing list of questions. Oh and Crowley impersonating the witch almost killed me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, pretty good fun. The usual string of pop culture references and Dorothy was nicely confident. Glad she made it and decent kick with the witch turning Sam and Dean. The MoL place is huge.

Bollocks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Classic comedy from Dean I haven't laughted as much in a while.

When Supernatural does funny it does it brilliantly. Another classic episode along with The French Mistake and Mystery Spot to name but a few.

Dr. Deanlittle was a great idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I love the funny episodes. Such a good one. Really enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

I love the funny episodes. Such a good one. Really enjoyed that.

Not normally a fan of the daft episodes but this one was great. laughing out loud at bits. good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Will we ever find out why dogs are really here? Maybe they're the ones that will stop Metatron

A fairly standard episode and they can work. Ackles did well with the behavioural ticks and so on. Don't think they oversold the animals talking thing, and I laughed a few times, but wasn't overly sold on it in general. Did like the moment the spell ended, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked when he started fetching the paper when Sam threw it and acting like it nothing unusual. Was subtle at first but when he kept doing it without realising it was even better.

Normal Cas, sorry, Steve, is fun, about right for where the character's at. And I like Crowley a bit more these days compared to a few years back when he just kept popping up. Not sure what was doing with the blood there, feeding?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Normal Cas, sorry, Steve, is fun, about right for where the character's at. And I like Crowley a bit more these days compared to a few years back when he just kept popping up. Not sure what was doing with the blood there, feeding?

It was the moose's blood I think he was trying to *feel*

*A fantastic episode, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Any of D-Dogg's backstory is always welcome!

*The most gruesome opening in a while and an old-school Supernatural episode, wish we had a few more of these.

*Robin blanking Dean was hilarious, and Sam's face lighting up like a christmas tree coming up with every possible way of mocking Dean :pac:

*Timmy looked like Dewey from Malcolm in the Middle and his mother looked a little like Jo (although obviously not her).

• Advertisement

Dean back story and awesome moustache alert. Fairly standard episode with the case stuff. Fun opening death.

Ave Maria...

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Best-Supernatural-Characters-1073819.aspx

Do you agree with that list?

Bobbby and/or Cas should be numero uno imo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/Best-Supernatural-Characters-1073819.aspx

Do you agree with that list?

Bobbby and/or Cas should be numero uno imo

I dislike Felicia Day's character and the pandering they seem to do/did towards her. Charlie would be nowhere near that list!

Obviously Cas but as they decided not to use him here's how I'd do it myself. I'm sure I've forgotten one or 2 but I guess I'll just have to go back and rewatch it all :pac:

10. Bela Talbot
    9. Death
    8. Demon Meg
    7. Jo
    6. Balthazar
    5. Azazel
    4. Gabriel
    3. Lucifer
    2. Crowley
    1. Bobby

How can Bobby not be number 1.

sticker,375x360.png

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes I would have Jo, Ellen, Meg, Ash and John included

AV Club (site now is a bit like iOS7?) mentioned the show's gender issues, which may be on the mark to a degree.

Felt a bit lazy, if I'm honest. A few scenes that drifted between funny and kinda cheesy. Once Dean got with the group leader the missing people and Sheriff Mills (yay!) felt abandoned and out of the story. Good scene at the end, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yikes. Back to the main story (and in a big way).

Bit of a shocker at the end too. Wasn't expecting that.

6 weeks until the next one....

Well taking a winter break leaving you wanting answers is a sure fire way to get you to watch it when it comes back..

Great episode and wasn't expecting that ending!

Wow, like ye said was not expecting that to happen at the end at all! A big loss really, I'm not sure I quite appreciated him as much as I realise I did now as a character.

Guess Cas and Dean will buddycop things up for a while now when it comes back.

Curse these mid-season breaks, I want the next episode now!

• Advertisement

Six weeks is far too long until the continuation of that happens. I just...I have feelings. Lots of them.

Advertisement